No drivers assists clubF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter bullet360
  • 20 comments
I would really like it if people would actually put as much effort in into racing with no assists as much as racing in general, if not more than racing with them on. Kind of an interesting question to ask myself since NONE of these features are allowed on these vehicles in real life. And it simply just adds that much more anger when the guy with the aids flaunts his/her victory like the drive was a breaze... So with that i'll leave with the allmighty quote of the f1 vertuoso himself... Ayrton Senna

"if something is too simple, then it really isnt all that fun to begin with."

" To be caught in the middle of this electronic war, you can find yourself completely stuck... And no matter who you put in the car, the electronics will do the work and not the driver. And l don't really think thats something you would really want in a true world champoinship of drivers "

I personally don't use any assists, and I drive in cockpit view as well. But it's only a game, and unless it's a situation where people want everyone in the race to be on no assists then I have no problems with how people play the game they paid for.

As long as they don't cheat. :odd:

Zilla
I personally don't use any assists, and I drive in cockpit view as well. But it's only a game, and unless it's a situation where people want everyone in the race to be on no assists then I have no problems with how people play the game they paid for.

Ya im not completely knocking those that do use them, its just l find it weird how they can have every aid the game offers, and still wind up crashing head on into the first couple or so turns... And say they have "just as much" or if not more talent than those that dont use them. Like ayrton said, the technology does the quality control, not you.

But i do appluad the action to simply "ban" assists completely when hosting a lobby.

I dont usually race in the official cockpit view due to the lack of periferal vision but a lot of my time is in the secondary view.

Last edited:
This has always been my bug bear too, i race without the aids and in cockpit view but it's pretty pointless when lumped in with a group of drivers all running different game settings. I would rather have had catergories for the lobbies, such as cockpit drivers go here, no aids drivers go here etc, rather than having to constantly examine the settings in each lobby you want to go into

I agree with ayrton, i am practicing to drive with no assists, and i have to tell you its really hard, you have to be gentle on the throttle, gentle on the break, don't go too much into the high revs especially during turning. It's bloody hard, and extremely frustrating. Especially at Turkey, japan and monaco....and also during the wet,...i mean c'mon! AI gets TC!

And maybe one day, i could join this exclusive club.

Last edited:
I think the key to playing this game without driving aids, is to play an actual sim without driving aids. Rfactor, NetKar, Ferrari Virtual Academy, iRacing. Then come back to F1 2011 and be surprised at how easy things are.

The only time where i think there is any need for TC is during the rain on practice 1 at Singapore. Though with the right setup and some careful practice in the rain you can do without it. So far i've not tried using any assists in either F1 2010 or F1 2011.

Same thinking here 👍

PAWEL17
I agree with ayrton, i am practicing to drive with no assists, and i have to tell you its really hard, you have to be gentle on the throttle, gentle on the break, don't go too much into the high revs especially during turning. It's bloody hard, and extremely frustrating. Especially at Turkey, japan and monaco....and also during the wet,...i mean c'mon! AI gets TC!

And maybe one day, i could join this exclusive club.

The list you made, wouldnt you rather have that then the game being too easy?

bullet360
The list you made, wouldnt you rather have that then the game being too easy?

Yes, and i have made the switch to no assists. No abs, no tc, and manual gearbox, and AI on pro. Im getting the hang of it, and it feels more rewarding now.

I'm slowly moving on to no assists, only have ABS & TC (medium) but what I dont get is why people turn off ABS?? Its there to stop your breaks from locking up so much. Can someone explain this to me?

I'm slowly moving on to no assists, only have ABS & TC (medium) but what I dont get is why people turn off ABS?? Its there to stop your breaks from locking up so much. Can someone explain this to me?

well... some of us like to drive as close to reality as one can get in game.
I'm driving with no assists both F1 2010/11 and GT5, so kinda used to it.

So I'm working on joining the no assists club. I will say that with my DFGT it is extremely difficult to turn off ABS, since there's absolutely no brake pedal feel.

That said, though why is it that I see so many lobbies with all aids off EXCEPT automatic gears. Maybe just me, but isn't shifting the easiest of the aids to turn off? I don't think I've ever once used auto in any racing game I've ever played.

What gives?

I think the key to playing this game without driving aids, is to play an actual sim without driving aids. Rfactor, NetKar, Ferrari Virtual Academy, iRacing. Then come back to F1 2011 and be surprised at how easy things are.

The only time where i think there is any need for TC is during the rain on practice 1 at Singapore. Though with the right setup and some careful practice in the rain you can do without it. So far i've not tried using any assists in either F1 2010 or F1 2011.

This 👍

I can't claim to have played those games but the most difficult sim i've every played was Supercar Challenge - it really taught me how critical throttle modulation is and how so often less is more. I started playing that game after winning the F1:CE championship on GTPlanet and soon realised my driving was actually pretty lousy, all late braking and stamping on the throttle with relatively little finesse - it was enough to win in F1:CE and in fact was the only way to maximise the car in that game, but it left me all at sea for anything more realistic. After eventually getting the hang of SCC (I never became really good at it, but became at least pretty decent), F1 2010 seemed like a complete cakewalk in comparison, and I found it hard to understand the people complaining about how impossible it was without driving aids as I found it piss easy after the baptism of fire that was SCC.

Silent7Sniper7

Because in real life they don't have abs, and if you're locking up your brakes constantly then you're braking into corners in a way that would not work in real life.

I haven't used Driving Assits in any video game since I picked up F1 2010 a year ago. Never gone back. 👍

I've played rfactor, and yes, it is definitely difficult. I did get the hang of it after a while, though, and managed to be pretty average. With some practise, and a better computer, I think I could've been really good at it.

Sorry if this is considered a bump...

I use no assists in career, however I do use driving line online. Do you guys have all the tracks memorised or do some of you use the driving line aswell?

jcm
Sorry if this is considered a bump...

I use no assists in career, however I do use driving line online. Do you guys have all the tracks memorised or do some of you use the driving line aswell?

I think the braking points aren't so critical in getting to a decent standard at the game - in fact, if you're focusing on braking points to start off with you're probably going to suffer - the critical thing is to maintain a high 'minimum corner speed' so the best way to learn a track is to simply lift off early into corners and modulate your throttle through it. Do this until you find that nice feeling where you're leaning on the car and using all its momentum to carry you through the corner. Braking late is of course essential to pick up the tenths, but its of secondary importance to the part i've just mentioned, where whole seconds go missing for drivers who are all about late braking and full throttle.

The point i'm getting at here is that so long as you know the track layout and roughly which gear to be in for each corner, really memorising a track should be pretty easy if you follow my technique.

I think the braking points aren't so critical in getting to a decent standard at the game - in fact, if you're focusing on braking points to start off with you're probably going to suffer - the critical thing is to maintain a high 'minimum corner speed' so the best way to learn a track is to simply lift off early into corners and modulate your throttle through it. Do this until you find that nice feeling where you're leaning on the car and using all its momentum to carry you through the corner. Braking late is of course essential to pick up the tenths, but its of secondary importance to the part i've just mentioned, where whole seconds go missing for drivers who are all about late braking and full throttle.

The point i'm getting at here is that so long as you know the track layout and roughly which gear to be in for each corner, really memorising a track should be pretty easy if you follow my technique.

I can get around every track without the driving line, it's just that I'm about 2 seconds slower at first. If I practice for about a half an hour I can usually get close to my top speed. However with the driving line I'm there after about 3-5 laps.

Latest Posts

Back