No full car setup in career mode?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Samzilla97
  • 14 comments
United States
Boston, MA
SamZilla_97
Hi,
I just started playing F1 13 and in the career mode I only got the option to do quick setups for the car (which is crap, it understeers a lot and really is off the pace).
Any reason for this?

Are you playing Season Challenge? Season Challenge only has quick setup. The actual Career Mode has the full setup, and is in the same menu as all the previous games.

Also am i right that it's not possible to set a basic car setup that carries over from circuit tot circuit, but you have to redo it for each circuit separately? I know it's better in the end as each circuit is different, but i'm lazy :D

@Samzilla97 like Awong says you have it in time trial, career and grand prix modes though. I already started setting up the classics at this moment. It's the icon below in the far left corner.

Nope seems like it disappears then.

I've noticed this too, but rather than "disappearing", I think you get 5 'slots' per track to save in, but they (the setups) aren't interchangeable by track. I've just been using a basic generic 'quick setup' and tweaking it by track. (bumpy tracks more height/less spring, and vise-versa)

The only problem with being able to save one setting to use for all tracks is that the gear ratios are different across the tracks. Maybe that's one of the reasons why they don't let you do it.

You're both correct about the 5 slots max and the gear ratios. I'm making a little word document on my PC with setups i find, so i can copy them to other tracks easily if i want to.

Sorry guys, but I double checked I'm in career mode and not another one, started all over again (with Caterham) and first race at Melbourne, free practice, and only quick car setups available...

Sorry guys, but I double checked I'm in career mode and not another one, started all over again (with Caterham) and first race at Melbourne, free practice, and only quick car setups available...
When you are in your cockpit in the garage, select the TV monitor in front of you that's sitting on your car; it's the icon on the left.

ok, I'll check that later. But honestly, this doesn't seem handy at all, I don't like having to look around menus to find something -1 for ergonomy Codemasters :)

ok, I'll check that later. But honestly, this doesn't seem handy at all, I don't like having to look around menus to find something -1 for ergonomy Codemasters :)
Well to give credit to them, they did try to make the menu's original :D
Also that monitor in front of your face did not give you a small hint that there might have just been something on there? :lol:

I have no problem with it because it's been the same since F1 2010, but I can see how it could be obscure for someone new to the series.

Back