• 62 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
Rules

Nominate four cars with a photo to match each.
Don't clog up the page with lots and lots of videos; links to videos are fine.
You can change your post and your nominations right up until the closing date.

Provide any supplementary information you wish, but don't give us an 8 page essay.

The top four cars with the most nominations will go through for polling next week.

Eligibility

Cars which competed in World Championship events during the 2000-2009 Formula One seasons.

Test cars such as the Toyota TF101 are not eligible.
The never-raced McLaren MP4-18 is not eligible.

If you have any quibbles about your nomination, tag me in your post and I'll get back to you.

Reasoning

If possible, please give some justification or reasoning for your nominations.
You can choose based on livery, body shape or a combination of the two. It's up to you.

---

Nominations close in the evening of SUNDAY 10th July.

Williams FW22

williams_fw22_bmw_big_25352.jpg

williams_fw22_bmw_big_25357.jpg

BAR 006. Simple but classy.

bar-006-02.jpg

Williams FW31. Forgettable albeit pleasant livery. This was one of very few exceptions in 2009 where snow plow styling didn't look like a dorky rejig of the previous mess car. Also won rear of the year with its extremely compact tail-end.

Williams_FW31.jpg

Last edited:
Really don't see what's so great about the BAR 006 or Brawn 001. I will add two more of my remaining three though. 2000/01 were great years.

Arrows A22

ee7321a7a1a89e467b8a702baf6a0dc2-jpg.565556

Jaguar R1

r1-jagu-irvi-barc-2000.jpg

I'd nominate the first four iterations of Jaguar if I wasn't such a stickler for variety. Few can beat the R2 and 3.

Really don't see what's so great about the BAR 006 or Brawn 001.

I do think the basis for the Brawn design was one of the best of 2009. Thoroughly ruined by a livery looks like a white void splashed with banana amoxicillin/involved in a hit-and-run with a Predator. Almost as vile as Button's helmet that year.

The 006 might be partially down to nostalgia glasses considering that 2004 was the first season I bothered to watch in its entirety. Such a neatly packaged car with a simple cig livery that wouldn't look out of place on a grid 20 years earlier. It goes against most of what I remember about the mid-late '00s cars.

Speaking of 2004, I'll have to give the Toyota TF104 an honorable mention.

Last edited:
Right... This is what I've been looking forward to since the start!

BMW F1.08 - Yeah I know a lot of people may not like the 2008 cars, but to me, they were what an F1 car should be. They should look like spaceships and this car did it so well.

upload_2016-7-4_16-0-50.png

Ferrari F2008(with the sharkfin) - This is quite possible the best looking F1 car ever made... Everything about it is what makes F1 from 2008 great.

upload_2016-7-4_16-2-33.png

Brawn GP 001 - Ok... Kind of contradicting the last two choices as this is so basic compared to the BM and the Ferrari, but the livery coupled with the clean looks make it just a seriously good looking car. Especially when they started getting more sponsors.

upload_2016-7-4_16-4-20.png

Renault R25 - I think this speaks for itself. One of the best liveries ever seen on a car coupled with a truly stunning body makes this an obvious choice.

upload_2016-7-4_16-5-51.png

HONORABLE MENTION:

Renault R28 - I'm sorry but that front nose is just utterly amazing. I can't not mention this. Unfortunately, I think the livery lets it down a bit(not to say it's bad, but the Team Spirit one wins for me)

upload_2016-7-4_16-8-38.png

Really don't see what's so great about the BAR 006 or Brawn 001.

The BAR had a beautiful elegant wide striped livery with colours that really completed each other and wasn't cluttered with tons of sponsors. The car itself was also a great simple shape. A classy package all in all.

The Brawn was bold and that’s what was so good about it. The day glow colour scheme was really fresh and for me the completely sponsor less one with just Brawn GP written on it was a great looking car. It was ruined as the season went on with ugly sponsors with mismatched colours.

Last edited:
McLaren MP4-20
tumblr_medq3jByjR1rb2fzoo1_1280.jpg

Williams FW25

williams-bmw-f1-fw25-3.jpg

The McLaren was just Sculpted in a way soo much different to the rest of the grid it was obvious why it was soo much quicker.

The Williams I Like because Imo the BMW Williams livery is my favourite in F1, and the 2003 FW25 wore it the best, probably would of won the title if the drivers didn't make as much mistakes.

Jaguar R1 (2000)
2000-Jaguar-R1-F1-Image-07.jpg

Smooth lines and curves, neatly sculpted sidepods and a stunning livery. The perfect match all round and no flaws.

Ferrari F2004 (2004)
autowp.ru_ferrari_f2004_12.jpg

The Ferrari liveries were stunning in their winning era and simple. The 2004 benefits from a contemporary looking design brought in ahead of the all the aero winglets and fins that would dominate the latter 00's.

McLaren MP4-20 (2005)
McLaren-MP4-20-Mercedes-16774.jpg

Even the aero winglets and horns look great on this car. It all starts from the wide and superb looking nose that sets a formidable look about it before any subtleties and finer details around the rear.

Renault R26 (2006)
Giancarlo_Fisichella_Canada_2006.jpg

Quite possibly my favourite ever livery to adorn a Formula 1 car. Another low and smooth nose on this one, and again all of the aero wings look like beautifully crafted sculptures rather than jarring appendages.

Last edited:
Back