Non shared decals transferred themselves from Sport!

• Thread starter djdest
  • 25 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
djdest
I’ve just looked at my showcase and around 20 decals have appeared from Sport that were never shared, and I didn’t reupload them! They transferred overnight automatically, however it isn’t all of them, so maybe theyve started to move everything over now?

That would be nice. I have a few liveries I’d like to carry over but don’t want to re-up the decals and replace them one and one. :crazy:
I’ll report back and let you know if this happened to me as well, when I have time to jump on and check.

Last edited:
It's happening for me too, random decals suddenly show up.
I'll check later if they also need to be replaced on the liveries I used them for in GTS.

Last edited:
Since posting this thread I’ve had another batch show up.
I can also confirm that a livery I had waiting to be imported as I hadn’t re-upped the decals has just opened totally complete with decals that had transferred automatically!

A lot of decals has indeed been transferred. Interesting.
Now to hope non shared liveries transfer too!
Remember not to double post. :D
Let’s hope instead all liveries carry over with decals intact, and automatically carry over used decals on said livery even deleted ones*.. :P

*not gonna happen

Last edited:
Now to hope non shared liveries transfer too!
That won't happen as they're not on the GT website and thus can't be accessed by whatever bot fetches all data from there as I suspect that's what's happening for getting stuff from GTS to GT7.

That won't happen as they're not on the GT website and thus can't be accessed by whatever bot fetches all data from there as I suspect that's what's happening for getting stuff from GTS to GT7.
I'd bet they could since even non shared liveries have to be uploaded in GTSport before they apply... but I don't think they will because PD never said they would. What seems to be happening with the decals is what they said they'd do back in February, pre-launch.

I'd bet they could since even non shared liveries have to be uploaded in GTSport before they apply...
Yeah but to me it seems they only get what is actually stored on the GTS website servers and port it over to the GT7 database. But ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
I just jumped on here to search for this issue, I thought I'd been hacked or something. It made me feel pretty uneasy, glad to see it's an intended thing!

I’ve just looked at my showcase and around 20 decals have appeared from Sport that were never shared, and I didn’t reupload them! They transferred overnight automatically, however it isn’t all of them, so maybe theyve started to move everything over now?
They did say that decal/livery transfers were going to take a while. I just got some of my stuff (Michelin Pilot number plates and Princess Mononoke decals)

Do they appear like you've just uploaded them on GT7 or do you have to go back to the older decals?

EDIT: ok here they come for me too. It's a mess.

Last edited:
Over the past 9h a lot of stuff arrived in small drops in my uploaded files; half of it I already re-uploaded tho :lol:
Yeah, I've got everything twice now, some stuff three times over (though that's probably my fault for just dumping entire folders of SVG's into the uploader!) :D

Not sure yet if this has rescued all my old liveries though. I did a trial import on a couple of liveries and although I think they're better than they were, it's still telling me there's decals missing though.

All of the decals I originally imported for use in GT Sport have been transferred as well. I did have alarm bells ringing when I checked my gallery on the website and realised that the majority of those had replaced decals I had already re-imported, but was reassured to find that these are still present in the Decal Uploader along with the newer imports.

Will have to see what impact this has on the liveries I haven't transferred yet, but hopefully this will make the process of making them GT7-friendly a little quicker.

Last edited:
Well, 4 of my Art Car liveries now work, and 3 more are mostly there, but claim there's missing decals still... that's not bad, should be recoverable.

My Studie M4 and Vaillant Z4 are still completely banjaxed though, I don't think there's any way of getting around those. Annoyingly, the Vaillant Z4 is now no longer in my list of liveries in GT Sport... *ing *.

Two that I had been working on should now work also, it just means I have to share them in GTS as unfinished, to continue working on them.

It's not ideal, but it's just enough to give me the will to continue,

My Studie M4 and Vaillant Z4 are still completely banjaxed though, I don't think there's any way of getting around those. Annoyingly, the Vaillant Z4 is now no longer in my list of liveries in GT Sport... *ing *.
Oh no! I absolutely loved that Vaillant Z4 of yours.

A car I previously overlooked because it was quite meh, but after I put on your livery it was my go-to car for Red Bull Ring races. :lol: I hope everything sorts out for you. :cheers:

In total, my GT Sport decal collection from other people only totaled 74 decals, and since they're still on the GTSport section of the servers, it's easy enough to grab the ones I need.
Grab them, ie. to be used in GT7 somehow? I must have missed some memo somewhere. :odd:

Back