note to new dfp users...

Hi all, I am fairly new to GTP, but have been a GT driver since ps1 and gt1. Just wanted to post a few quick thoughts on the dfp. I have driven with the ds2 until 2 days ago and found the transition a bit disturbing. With the ds2 i have aced everything and there are very few events that are challenging. I also know how to drift (although not like some that I have seen here, much respect...). Anyway, I just wanted to say...Dont worry about ffb, its supposed to be strong, it is going to feel like your steering went to heck, everything is off. The point is , give the dfp some time. Go get a completely stock hi po car (vette, slr, m3, etc.) and drive it around nurburgring for a few hours. You WILL get used to it. You will find that it is almost like starting from scratch. At some point it will "click" for you. I wouldnt be posting this if I wasn't completely geeked about the dfp...just thouht it might help with the feeling of "what a rip". Give it some time. BTW, GTP rocks, mucho help, setups, and questions answered! Stoked to find this site!

totally agree with u, i got my DFP not too long ago and noticed a huge transition from DS2 to the wheel. mainly due to steering. eventually ull learn to steer in earlier than u usually do with the DS2 and things will fall into place 👍

i got my dfp yesterday! 👍👍👍 but i keep spinning out ... i can barley drive at all.. and espically on corner exit i ALWAYS SPIN OUT like the steering wheel startings going to the left i counter steer then spin out...anyone have a solution am i counter steering too much? or 2 little or is it something else

i hate the wheel when driving a RWD car, cause i can't control the oversteer or drift and i always spin out and die. I need some help...:indiff:

you are oversteering too much. just kind of let the wheel do its thing and dont get impatient. its very sensitive to small, smooth inputs. oh yeah, sometimes on corner exit when you are sideways, yo have to straighten the wheel out QUICK.

made a driving setup today. took about an hour and cost free! This is how its spota be:tup: gotta finish dressing it out in the next day or two. Carpet, some type of padding, castors to move it around. Gotta find a place to store this thing though, it takes up the whole freakin room.

Attachments

• Picture 182.jpg
    Picture 182.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 201.jpg
    Picture 201.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 203.jpg
    Picture 203.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 204.jpg
    Picture 204.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 52
I love the simple but effective layout... Looks very sturdy... Also, the cupholders were a nice touch...

I'm going to be building something similar soon... Shortly after I finally buy a DFP...

;)

I probably gave the intuition for this topic...

I wrote that I found the 100%ffb to much for my style, also judging from my own meandering driving and drifting experience... :D

The full ffb feels more like cart driving to me, whereas there could be real cars with so much feedback.

I finally chose the 60% ffd mode and the medium stength from the GT4. It feels more realistic to me...
It provides more controlabity to me and i'm sure that the wheel will be more time-honored with it...

I can get the signal/point with the half strength/signal...

I also tried the "Unplugged" version, but I must admit that the feedback adds to the driving experience.

I appreciate the fact that there is more ffb available if I wanted/needed it and shows that the wheel has a motor capable of providing it for a period of time. I'm also pleased by the fact that the manufacturer gives me the change to adjust the ffb even in this binary mode and even if they didn't intend to be used for the GT4 (I'm unaware of that of course...).

So...
everyone is happy finally....

I'm pleased by the wheel, mostly because it made the whole driving experience more difficult/challenging...

P.S I see too much "I"s... I must take care of that... :D I'm on top of it....(4 more "I"s :( )

I've mastered Toca Race Driver 3. I can do it better than using a Controller.Slightly stuck on the Tier 32. Probably because the historic Williams has no Traction Control.

Latest Posts

Back