Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
The car/tune I had in mind has turned out unsuitable. It was tuned for the ring at 500PP but on sport soft tires and using more ballast than allowed. When I reduced the ballast and put on the hard tires I could never get it to turn.

So I looked at a few other cars, ruling out the "obvious" choices of NSX and Evora.

I narrowed it down to 111R and M3 GTR. The 111R is quick but twitchy. I just enjoy driving the M3 more so I set myself the goal of making it as quick as the 111R.

After a couple of hours I have something pretty good. I managed to equal the sector 1 time of the 111R. It's still not as planted in the rear as I'd like so I'll work on that.

The NSX, Elise, Evora and Esprit will probably run away times-wise, that's just the way it is.

I'm not out to change reality. Just to do something other than the "usual suspects".

If I can manage to be the quickest FR tune I'll be well pleased.

I'm not out to change reality. Just to do something other than the "usual suspects".

Of course, I'm trying something different too, I'm just saying that those times will be quicker. Ah well. :)

I'm debating over three cars at the moment: the M3 GTR, which handles nicely and has lots of power but is relatively heavy, the M3 CSL, which handles a bit better IMO and has 19 less hp but weighs 66 kilos less, and the Golf R, which I have yet to test.

Just a note, the DLC cars can't be shared so test drivers would need to have the DLC and build the cars themselves.

Just a note, the DLC cars can't be shared so test drivers would need to have the DLC and build the cars themselves.

Yeah, that was why I didn't wanna do the R. The stability of AWD is nice but the M3 probably handles way better anyway.

Edit: It's become painfully obvious that I am a really bad driver.. :lol:

Last edited:
s2k2k3

Can you say to me what is the perfect time for a car at 500pp can recorde in NURBIRGING ?!!

M3's been running about 35, but I know I can squeeze more time out. It's a quick car and has very high limits, but I'm just a bad driver.

Ive only made one complete lap with mine at 38 but I was taking it easy. I am used to sport soft tires and the hards take some gettin used to.

I usually only run sector 1 when Im tuning for the ring.

Ive only made one complete lap with mine at 38 but I was taking it easy. I am used to sport soft tires and the hards take some gettin used to.

I usually only run sector 1 when Im tuning for the ring.

Generally that's the pace I take as well, since it's very quick to figure out what's wrong with a car. The problem with the Beemer is that it's waaay too fun for me to drive, but at the same time challenging to get past my ghost.

If you need a tester let me know ,the ring is my favorite and sports hard is something im learning to love. Psn id: thrasher90

If you need a tester let me know ,the ring is my favorite and sports hard is something im learning to love. Psn id: thrasher90

Sports Hard is my favorite tires to race in. I spent most of today hosting a lobby running Sports Hard tires with different PP's from 450-600. Very fun, challenging and just as rewarding when you conquer those corners as efficiently as possible

Since robrabbitman is taking the M3 GTR I will switch to the CSL.

Sports Hard is my favorite tires to race in. I spent most of today hosting a lobby running Sports Hard tires with different PP's from 450-600. Very fun, challenging and just as rewarding when you conquer those corners as efficiently as possible

600PP with sport hard tires is just sick and wrong. I would rip my wheel off and throw it through my monitor. :lol:

Last edited:
Since robrabbitman is taking the M3 GTR I will switch to the CSL.

600PP with sport hard tires is just sick and wrong. I would rip my wheel off and throw it through my monitor. :lol:

I was actually going to go with the CSL considering it isn't as fat and has better grip. Plus, I don't like the look of the GTR, and it looks sooo good in Lagunaseca Blue.

Last edited:
My coupe 4wd its under constraction now but its not that fast to good car but i like it and it will be the last car in tester time record let see or because my drove still is very bad :-)

Last edited:
Sorry but i can't check anything , i don't have PS3 with me , i don't know why the PP are not matching, try please to reach 500PP anyway, then i'll modify the tuning sheet.
My participation for this shootout is just for the fun, i don't know if the original sport soft tune will support the sport hard tires because i can't even test it.
The car is so good with the soft, a top 3 500pp car with this tires on the ring for sure.

Thanks for the help.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I have managed to get the exact same specs now 👍 Racing air filter & Sports Exhaust Manifold were needed.
I will host your car once I finish testing.
I have all DLC cars so itis not a problem for me to build them.
Ok I will add you to the list, you will need to send FR's to the tuners in order to test their car that they put on share, or you can build them yourself but you need to make sure you have the same specs. Thank you
Ooh very tempting to test these. :) But 12 cars on the ring is already a lot, not sure if I'd have time for more. Consistensy would also be a problem, I can already see myself crashing that HSC a lot without a wing! :scared:
There will be no more than 12 cars to test and you have 2 weeks to complete testing so if you think you can fit that in then go for it. 👍

Last edited:
It'll gain hp and PP, break in the engine.

My tune for this is ready, no idea how it's going to do time-wise as I'm shocking on the 'Ring, as much as I love the track.

It'll gain hp and PP, break in the engine.

My tune for this is ready, no idea how it's going to do time-wise as I'm shocking on the 'Ring, as much as I love the track.

Pretty sure the standard cars don't need breaking in like the premiums. :confused:

Yea, no break-in required unless you got it from the events tickets, then it seems like you do need to do so, from my past experiences with it.

Since I can't submit my tune for this I guess I could be a test driver if that's OK?

OK8 / OK8_

I have managed to get the exact same specs now 👍 Racing air filter & Sports Exhaust Manifold were needed.
I will host your car once I finish testing.

Nice, thanks a lot. I'll wait the first sentence , just to see if my (not tested) HSC is at least drivable with this tires. Must be very tricky but fast. Let's see :):)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Back