Oil Change First or Car Wash First?

• Thread starter jigman5
  • 26 comments
Wash first, because it is at the top, then change oil.
Change car........
Change oil first, because that is where you will be by default because it was what you "performed" last, then wash the car.
Rinse, and repeat........

Last edited:
For each used car:

You want to start at the bottom and go to the top:

i1CsGCCH4iJ5FO.jpg

Restore rigidity
Then engine overhaul
You technically don't need oil change at this point but for good measure, do the oil change

Then you finish up with a good wash.

For each used car:

You want to start at the bottom and go to the top:

View attachment 1367293

Restore rigidity
Then engine overhaul
You technically don't need oil change at this point but for good measure, do the oil change

Then you finish up with a good wash.
I get the feeling rebuilding the engine, and then changing the oil is a rookie mistake. :lol:

Also, throwback to the time you could change the oil on your Tesla Model S.

Last edited:
I've not seen any improvement in speed after washing car even after not washing it ever...
Depending on the weight and formation of dirt, mud, whatever it shouldnt change.
Propably it all has the golf-ball effect making you go faster, but the weight offsets it so there is no change at all ;)

Why wash cars at all in this game?
The cars do actually get dirty and allegedly increase drag. You really can BARELY tell your car is dirty(the colors and reflections are dull) until you decide to wash a dirty car, then its like, "HOLY CRAP! They DO get dirty!" :lol:

The cars do actually get dirty and allegedly increase drag. You really can BARELY tell your car is dirty(the colors and reflections are dull) until you decide to wash a dirty car, then its like, "HOLY CRAP! They DO get dirty!" :lol:

I always wonder why cars are not getting more dirty in GT7 especially in photo mode you do have oil stains, dirt etc. It would be so freaking cool to have really dirty cars after some races and washing it after it.

I always wonder why cars are not getting more dirty in GT7 especially in photo mode you do have oil stains, dirt etc. It would be so freaking cool to have really dirty cars after some races and washing it after it.
In photo mode to our have the ability to leave the stains on or remove it...

Last edited:
In photo mode to our have the ability to leave the stains on or remove it...

Yes, but they look the same regardless. It's like it was planned to be in the game - cars getting dirty/oily - but it never actually happened.

Actually, I take that back. Lake Louise races the cars will show snow on them. That is the only track that does this, as I recall.

Back