Old School Helmets and Driver Gear

• Thread starter L8 Apex
  • 13 comments
United States
Alhambra, CA
chop-uh
Sr Crumbbiscuit
Tourist Trophy had a few items of vintage motorcycling apparel, so why shouldn't GT6 have something similar? I'm thinking simplified helmets paired with goggles, an outfit that has a polo shirt, slacks and leather gloves in various color combos, and an old style driving suit. It would be so nice for photo mode.

8369.jpg

british_champs9_1013624i.jpg

78439d1207665278-jim-clark-40-years-clark-64.jpg

Yeah. Good idea.
I don't know why PD haven't added any since they do like their classic cars.

I presume that in picture 3 (above) the exhaust had cooled down!
Otherwise he's going to need the iced lollies from the guys in picture 2 :eek:

Yeah. Good idea.
I don't know why PD haven't added any since they do like their classic cars.

I presume that in picture 3 (above) the exhaust had cooled down!
Otherwise he's going to need the iced lollies from the guys in picture 2 :eek:

I didn't realize that was the exhaust. I thought he was just the well-equipped racing driver.

I love the first picture which shows the great "Speedy" Gonzales - Jose Froilan Gonzales the Argentinian Former F1 driver and Le Mans winner.

Here the great "Speedy" Gonzales models more haute couture for the 1950's race driver!

Froilan Gonzalez.jpg

I've just noticed the two sets of goggles - perhaps that was part of his speed secret - F1 races were much, much longer in those days.

These pictures just show what clothing we are missing - for the older cars anyway.
It just looks a bit silly "driving" them around in the modern gear that GT6 has.

"Speedy" Gonzales - Right, so that's where the name comes from!

I've just noticed the two sets of goggles - perhaps that was part of his speed secret - F1 races were much, much longer in those days.

Yeah probably. I'd think that he would swap them over when the first pair got dirty. No tear-offs in those days.

Hi If - I believe that Froilan Gonzalez used to swap the goggles over when on long straights. He then used to wipe the dirty ones on his clothing and swap them over again whenever required.

These sort of outfits would look much better in a Cobra or D type Jaguar or similar (please vote for the D Type and other classic cars!)

Barney Oldfield who was probably Americas greatest pre-war driver always sported a big cigar - I don't think I've seen a picture of him without one, but I suppose PD can't take the realism that far!

Barney Oldfield who was probably Americas greatest pre-war driver always sported a big cigar - I don't think I've seen a picture of him without one, but I suppose PD can't take the realism that far!

Big cigars... That's going to be in GT7 - with smoke! They'll even have working cigarette lighters in the cars by then.

GT4 definitely had the old-school racing gear! I remember being surprised the first time I saw it!

IMG0746.JPG

And with the newer cars the driver kept with the times and wore the modern race gear...

IMG0195.JPG

Back