Online racing feels differentF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter smellyeti
  • 3 comments
smellyeti
I raced in a couple championships this morning and finished last in both of them lol. I noticed that the braking points don't feel the same and I went off track a lot. Maybe it was because I was racing against people instead of the AI and I was braking later or something. I was also very surprised to see that any contact with other cars send them reeling. I tried my best to not hit anyone but when I did they went way off track. I stopped so they could get their position back but a few times they decided to run right into me and of course they kept on going lol. Has anyone else noticed a difference between offline and online tire grip? I don't notice a difference in GT5 really.

I raced in a couple championships this morning and finished last in both of them lol. I noticed that the braking points don't feel the same and I went off track a lot. Maybe it was because I was racing against people instead of the AI and I was braking later or something. I was also very surprised to see that any contact with other cars send them reeling. I tried my best to not hit anyone but when I did they went way off track. I stopped so they could get their position back but a few times they decided to run right into me and of course they kept on going lol. Has anyone else noticed a difference between offline and online tire grip? I don't notice a difference in GT5 really.

The online session may have had tyre and fuel sim on. If you don't use it in career or GP Mode there's a big difference in car feel. It's heavier at the start and as the race goes on you lose grip as the tyres wear.

It's the same as normal races, if the settings line up. You must have had fuel or tyres sim off, most likely fuel by the sounds of it.

I don't race with fuel and tire wear on yet and the races online that I was speaking of were Grand Prixs that I created with them off. Just seemed to me the physics were different online but it sounds like it's just me and I was braking too late I guess. Also I won a couple of three race Grand Prixs that I created and did not get the trophy for winning one online. Also I can't see any stats of mine on the leaderboard. Is this the same for everyone else? I hope the online for F1 2011 is more organized because I plan on getting that game.

Back