Online 'Triple Crown'

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 51 comments
Ireland
Ireland
The__Luke
The Triple Crown

Graham Hill is the only driver to win it. Jaun Pablo Montoya has won two of the legs. Can you do it?

I've noticed a couple of threads about the real life triple crown of motorsport(Monaco grand prix, Indy 500 & Le Mans 24 Hours) being included in GT5. I tought it would be better to have an online version tracking the various series on GTPlanet. So here it is:
Triple Crown holders

Race winners: 2 race winners in red, Triple Crown holders in green

picture.php

Monaco Grand Prix:
GTP:Enzo 309 PSN: Revention10
GTP: gman07 PSN: GTP_potatochip

picture.php

Le Mans Endurance:
GTP: bombe32 PSN: bombe32
GTP: MC CAULEY PSN: AYRTONSCHUMACHER
GTP: gman07 PSN: GTP_potatochip
GTP: Blaze_409 PSN: Blaze_409
GTP: A7XMaverick PSN: A7XMaverick
GTP: bermudakid PSN: BermudaKID
GTP: jakegirard PSN: jakegirard
GTP: MindlessRiff PSN: MindlessRiff
GTP: SebVettelFan PSN: Jamman48
GTP: elitedriver123 PSN: gtamann123
picture.php

Indy 500:
GTP: OwensRacing PSN: OwensRacing

Criteria:
All races must be pretty long, I'm not claiming 5 laps of Monaco to be a Grand Prix. All races must be on GTPlanet an have a thread (either race thread or championship thread) where results and discussion may be found.
Cars:
Monaco Grand Prix: Must either be a Formula GT or a Ferrari F1 race.

Indy 500: Must either be a Formula GT or a Ferrari F1 race.

Le Mans: Must be an LMP and/or a Group C race

Last edited:
I've now updated the board to include Bermudakid's championship and Rich s's championship. Unsurpisisingly no multiple winners yet.

I've updated the original post a little bit with some track maps and links instead of just words. I'll get some pictures on herein a bit but I may need someone else to get the Indy 500 ones in a FGT. Any volunteers?

Thanks for including a link to the FGT championship. I'd include a link to yours but currently i'm on my ipod and that is not possible unfortunately.

You should pick one of the Le Mans races as the official candidate, other wise you'll end up with 5 or 6 winners for a "triple" crown. I'd think which ever is the longest since it's the grand-daddy of all enduro's. When we do our 24 of Le Mans we might do a full 200 laps (longest race possible online) to get it as close to authentic as possible. Might require having everybody invite a friend over to trade off driving duties with, but that would just add to the realism! :)

Got a feeling my 2 hour (could become a 3 hour) will be the longest of the current lot of races.

Jav
Please don't make it a 3 hour! Please!
We'll see, I'll get my Le Mans fix the second week of June so I should be in the 2 hour mode when the LMES finally rolls into La Sarthe :P

Thanks for the comments people.
StigsHero: I'm not going to pick only one as the race migh only be a one-off. There might only ever be one person on the list. Anyways it gives other people a chance of getting on this. I am going to have to find a way on to this list. I'd say Indy 500 is my best shot because I'm good on ovals but I'm usually in a NASCAR. I'm not bad with the Ferrari's though, so Monaco may be possible.:D

holy **** akmuq you were right F1 2010 is a great game especially online with some clean racers i look forward too F1 2011 where me and you can have some great fun / september 23th release date !

holy **** akmuq you were right F1 2010 is a great game especially online with some clean racers i look forward too F1 2011 where me and you can have some great fun / september 23th release date !

Yup;). It's nice if your in GT5 overload. Even though it seems to need more concentration with it's faster gameplay and a massive 24 cars on track:drool:.

Anyways Ghova, you going to get yourself on this board? Might want to get into an F1 series first.;)

Just thought i'd say that the FGT championship has plenty of free spaces so please join if you are interested. The link is at the top of this page.

actually i never played gt games only f1 games f1 CE was a must for me and with my experience in f1 i was very quick xD , now i am asking myself why the hell didnt i buy F1 2010 :( , i am in bermudakid's his competition so we will see if i can get a place in the Triple Crown on Le Mans 24H! PSN is a huge disappointment :( hope they will fix it soon as possible, finally i got some free days but then Sony ****s up :((((((

You can take my championship off as a lack of interest and the hosts car has dissapeared along with everything else.

Yeah I'll do it when I'm at the computer. Sorry to hear about your championship.:(

No problem, people just don't seem to ever be interested in FGTs. I'm guessing the A-Spec championship has sucked the life out of most people.

It seems to me like most of the people just want to run SuperGT cars. There's probably 3 SuperGT leagues for every 1 non-SuperGT league. I think a FGT league would be cool, especially if it was modeled after the Indy Car series, but they do take patience and I guess most people just want to hop in and race. Oh well. :(

Yeah supergt seems to be very popular.:( Don't really know why because I would rate any of the GT1/2/3/4 or LMP races much more fun. Although there seems to be one that is very organized and attracted members. Now it seems everyone is leaving which is a shame for them. A well organized supergt league is really good fun, but an averagely organized one is awful.

Oh and I took down your series VRracingfan.:(

i am in bermudakid's his competition so we will see if i can get a place in the Triple Crown on Le Mans 24H!

Hehehe, you might have some competition.:sly: Me and Peter(pj-gm) entered in a Minolta. Le Mans is one of my best tracks (I know it's one of your to;)) and I have an epicly fast car. I'd say the series will be closer then the TVR one where we were miles faster then anyone in qualifying. You were something like 2 seconds faster then me then, but I think it will be closer this time.;)
Probably will be nowhere near winning though.:(

Hey, anyone think this is worthy of a sticky? Last week I wa arguing about it with another guy. He said it should because it's the pinnacle of motorsport in real life and should be on GTP. I said that it's not to important, just a little bonus and there is no actual prize in real life, just recognition.
What do you all think. Me personally, I say no.

Trust me, SuperGT cars are very fun to race, and that's an understatement. I've never got inot any big, clean rooms with LMP's or GT1/2/3 cars, so I don't know.

I like supergt but there is better. I would prefer GT2 over most series, but I do like F1 races and LMP races as well.
Oh and Touring cars.👍

Changed the link to OwensRacing's Indy 500 as they have a new signup thread now.👍

Back