Opel Kadett D GTE 1984

• Thread starter TobbeGTE
  • 10 comments
Sweden
Göteborg
TobbeGTE
The 1984 Opel Kadett GTE got to be in the game!
It's the first GTI car to beat the VW Golf GTI.
The Kadett GTE had a 1.8 litre 115 hp petrol OHC engine with fuel injection.
The Kadett GTE with it's awesome handling and acceleration left all opponents behind!
0-100 KMH in just 9,5 sec and the ability to do the corner test fully loaded in a impressive 70 KMH!
Thats what todays GTI cars does!
The transmission is a 5-speed manual, but the car makes top-speed on 4th gear, the fifth is like a overdrive but there's not such a big different.
The Kadett GTE was loaded with goodness like Bosch fuel injection, Recaro sport seats, ATS rims and Bilstein gas dampers and Continental tyres!
The Kadett GTE is today a rare car and according to tests it is one of the best GTI cars of the 80's.
The Kadett GTE was made in the end of 1983 and 1984 and is the last model of the Kadett D before the Kadett E came in the end of 1984.
The Kadett GTE was available in 4 colours: White, black, red and silver.
The white had white rims the others had silver.
White is the most common and black as secound.
To find a GTE in good chape today is really hard!

The Kadett GTE on the picture is mine and 100% original and that i know cuz my father is the only owner!
SAM_0246.JPG
SAM_0237.JPG

Last edited:
That's one of the more basic versions, either a 1.2 or 1.3. A real GTE looks like this:

opel-kadett-gti_70860.jpg

As the owner of two Kadett D-series, I would of course like to see one appear in the GT-series. However, since the model is largely unknown outside of Europe I strongly doubt it will ever happen.

Ofcourse ....

(ik had het kunnen weten)

That's one of the more basic versions, either a 1.2 or 1.3. A real GTE looks like this:

opel-kadett-gti_70860.jpg

As the owner of two Kadett D-series, I would of course like to see one appear in the GT-series. However, since the model is largely unknown outside of Europe I strongly doubt it will ever happen.
Im also an owner of a 1984 Kadett GTE, my father bought it brand new and almost 31 year later he still got it, and in really good chape!
Only 18.000 swedish mil!
Love to drive it! :)

Nice Opel! 👍
Indeed! ;)

A real nice car to drive I have to say!
The handling is great and acceleration is quite good if you're on the right RPM, the steering is quick and precise, the thing that not is quite as good is the breaks, they're not bad but could be better!
The car has no ABS or servo steering or no other helping things so it is quite heavy to park in smal places but as long as you travel in speed above 5-10 kmh you don't think about it, the steering without servo is much better and you got more feeling for the road then if you have servo!

As I said, indeed a great car! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back