Sweden
Sweden
SMH1989
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Powertrain: 2792 cc , V6 , DOHC , Turbo , 280 hp / 5500 rpm , 355 Nm / 1800-4500 rpm , 6-speed manual

Dimensions: Length 4642 mm , Width 1798 mm , Height 1449 mm , Weight 1580 kg

Performance: Top speed 250 km/h , 0-100 km/h 6,3 sec

Information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Vectra#Vectra_C_.282002.E2.80.932009.29

Other suggestions of Opel
Olympia Rekord '57 , Kapitän "L" '60 , Rekord Sprint '69 , Rallye Kadett Sprint '70 , Manta GT/E '74 , Commodore GS/E '75 , Ascona B 400 '81 , Ascona 1.8E Sport '84 , Manta GSi '87 , Kadett E GSi 16v '89 , Omega 3000 24v '89

Last edited:
Why not? Had back in 1992 a Vectra 1.8i.
Great car and the most usable option I ever bought was the the option to have 'pump" of the rear car suspension so when the car was full loaded on vacation the rear don't go down as usual.

Last edited:
True, this one significantly improves overall visual impression of the C generation. Majority of C models I see on roads were bought with 'GTS' sports trim level, but this OPC goes one step further.

Can anyone tell is it possible to turn off turbo components while driving on public roads and rely on NA parts, giving less power and better fuel economy/reability?

That would make sense if the given power was derived by upgrading base 2.8 V6 with turbo kit. I hope the answer is 'yes' as that would make it very attractive daily commuter when you're not engaged in high-paced driving.

True, this one significantly improves overall visual impression of the C generation. Majority of C models I see on roads were bought with 'GTS' sports trim level, but this OPC goes one step further.

Can anyone tell is it possible to turn off turbo components while driving on public roads and rely on NA parts, giving less power and better fuel economy/reability?

That would make sense if the given power was derived by upgrading base 2.8 V6 with turbo kit. I hope the answer is 'yes' as that would make it very attractive daily commuter when you're not engaged in high-paced driving.
No, it's not possible to turn off the turbo and the turbo can sometimes help the fuel economy :)

No, it's not possible to turn off the turbo and the turbo can sometimes help the fuel economy :)
Ah, that is not good. But maybe a mechanic could remove the broken turbo (it should stop, sooner or later :D) and adjust your car to continue running on NA basis.

And how can turbo improve fuel economy? That goes against everything I know about it. :)

Ah, that is not good. But maybe a mechanic could remove the broken turbo (it should stop, sooner or later :D) and adjust your car to continue running on NA basis.

And how can turbo improve fuel economy? That goes against everything I know about it. :)
Nah I don't think they can remove the turbo without engine problem as result, and if someone can, it will not be so good because of the lack of power....

I can't tell you how I just know that it can. Many of the high economy engines has Turbo, either one or two or maybe more or both turbo and supercharger.. :)

I can't tell you how I just know that it can. Many of the high economy engines has Turbo, either one or two or maybe more or both turbo and supercharger.. :)
True, but the version that has no turbo or supercharger would be even more efficient, regardless of how the turbo version was.

Nevertheless, if you're 100% sure it can be more efficient than its NA counterpart, I believe you. :)

Isn't this the Vectra featured in Top Gear that was pitted alongside the Ford Mondeo and the other sedan? The Vectra with the god-awful understeer?

Isn't this the Vectra featured in Top Gear that was pitted alongside the Ford Mondeo and the other sedan? The Vectra with the god-awful understeer?
It is very bad indeed. But it's by far not as bad as this Clarkson guy tried to make it look.

Unfortunately the video is in German language:

Latest Posts

Back