Painting a RM Conversion

• Thread starter BradLTL
  • 7 comments
I have a matte paint which I would like to use on a car that I am planning on converting to RM, question is...

Do I use my matte paint then convert, or convert and then paint? Does it matter at all? I would hate to lose my paint chip by doing it wrong.

Thanks!

Paint the car after you RM it. The numbers and sponsors will stay, and some cars have unpaintable areas, but most of it will be painted to your matte color. There is a race mod thread in the photo forum you can look at for examples.

Don't do it before, you'll lose the colour under whatever sponsor/race livery the RM has. I don't think you can re-customise the car afterwards either...sorry.

Don't do it before, you'll lose the colour under whatever sponsor/race livery the RM has. I don't think you can re-customise the car afterwards either...sorry.

This is wrong unless I'm misunderstanding you. You can definitely paint a RM'd car. Look at the the thread in the photo forum.
You can't change the stickers (except the number plate) if that's what you mean.

Yes you can change the color anytime you want BUT if you paint BEFORE you'll loose it, and if you have just one it's not a good idea

Convert first, the car will default to whatever RM color is after the conversion(usually white). Then you can apply whatever color on it. Note though that RM car usually have a "paint job" and the color will usually only apply to a portion of the car...

Convert first, the car will default to whatever RM color is after the conversion(usually white). Then you can apply whatever color on it. Note though that RM car usually have a "paint job" and the color will usually only apply to a portion of the car...

👍 This. The perfect example would be the RM'd Corvettes.

5237442403_5c23f41be4_z.jpg

The areas that where painted after the RM install are yellow.

The rest of the car remains unchanged. You can also paint the wheels.

Corvette is the only RM so far that you can't change the wheel I find. All the other RM can have different wheels installed....

I find that kinda annoying since I'd like to have BBS installed on the Vette to match the ALMS ones, since they stopped using OZs like the RM car since switching to GT2 body style, which this one looks to be modeled after.

Back