Performance mod to Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals

IMG_4742.png

Attachments

• IMG_4740.png
    IMG_4740.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hey guys, i also saw the video of Racebeyondmatter and got attached to try this. I ordered two springs on aliexpress (only retailer for this kind of springs in germany). I ordered the second stiffest green one 14mm x 55mm (exact inner loadcell length) and the stiffest brown one 14mm x 55mm. I will test both and compare to bpk, which i used before with the damper kit.

Hey guys, i also saw the video of Racebeyondmatter and got attached to try this. I ordered two springs on aliexpress (only retailer for this kind of springs in germany). I ordered the second stiffest green one 14mm x 55mm (exact inner loadcell length) and the stiffest brown one 14mm x 55mm. I will test both and compare to bpk, which i used before with the damper kit.
Any News ?

Hey, the brown one felt pretty good paired with an elastomer, but there was still some slightly noticeable lack of input when you hold the brakes, worked well for me, but not an absolute game changer

My current take on the upgrades with sizes, working on a new rod with a plastic (PTFE) sleeve due to the chrome becoming worn down to the copper plating.

I'm happy using the green springs, brown springs were just a touch too much for a static rig for 30 minute+ races.

The two zipped files are actually .stl files for those with access to a 3D printer, they help centralise the springs, I've not tried printed ones as I made mine to the same size out of acetyl on my lathe but used identical dimensions and have no issues. If you do use them, let me know if you have any issues and re-do the models.

Attachments

• Fanatec V3 Brake.pdf
    234.1 KB · Views: 3
  • End Button.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
  • Centre Button.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
* This will most probably void your manufacturer warranty, attempt at your own risk*

Inspired by the work done and explained in this video from Race Beyond Matter on YouTube, I applied this mod with success improving my performance matching performance gains listed in the video.

All credit to Steliyan at Race Beyond Matter, and for the specifics on how and why springs give better control over rubber elastomers in load cell pedals, please watch the video as he did all the work and deserves all the credit.

I have found lots of similar mods for the CSL pedals, but nothing for the Clubsport V3 online, so wanted to document and spread the good word.

The upgrade is simply changing the rubber elastomers in the Fanatec load cell performance kit for metal die springs. My fear in changing these is metal on metal contact wears down materials with greater severity than hard rubber. The solution I chose is to use cut peices of the rubber elastomers in the break performance kit at both the bottom and top of the load cell to avoid the metal on metal contact.

Here is a parts list available on Amazon:
(Utilizing 12mm)
(Anything less than Heavy Duty feels too squishy for my tastes)

Now to assemble:

-springs are same size as each elastomer to ensure load cell functions properly
View attachment 1294814

-One elastomer has to be sacrificed and made to match the size of the foam inset that should be at the bottom of the load cell per Fanatec specs
View attachment 1294815
Cut to match size
View attachment 1294816
Then cut in half
View attachment 1294817
Sand both sides even, and also sand one side of the metal disk (not pictured)
View attachment 1294818
One drop of super glue on the metal disk will bond the small cut sanded rubber elastomer piece. Once dried, coat everything in the lithium grease included with pedals and brake performance kit, assemble and insert into load cell following fanatics installation instructions.
View attachment 1294819
(Note: metal disks pictured are not the 12mm ones I used, the finished product will be within 1 mm wide. Also, metal disks are used instead of a washers with a hole in the middle to give full force even in the center of the load cell. I have not tried with washers but think it might be possible it gives a little less performance than full metal disks)
Install instructions in download section of product page.

For an added bonus not mentioned in the video, curved pedal plates included are great for precision but I prefer metal as I use socks when sim racing and metal glides under the socks so well and the plastic can sometimes stick. I found Sparco curved racing pedals that worked out great and makes smooth throttling and breaking much easier for me personally.
View attachment 1294822
View attachment 1294823

Heel rest is a 10inch cool gel keyboard wrist cushion that fits in perfectly in case anyone curious

Am I the only one not seeing actual amazon parts listed in original post? Appreciate it, looking forward to trying it out

Back