Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley Will Drive for Scuderia Toro Rosso in 2018

I was excited about the prospect of seeing Hartley in IndyCar, but I’m happy he will get to race in F1.

I'm exceptionally curious to see how Toro Rosso get on in 2018+. If anything, Hartley at least gets to say he had a full time F1 drive at some point in his career - even if it doesn't turn into anything. How many guys his age have raced in F1? Raced for factory Porsche teams...won LeMans, etc. Raced in some of IMSA's larger races, etc. The guy has a ridiculous resume so far.

Did you guys have to pick that picture? They look like a couple of uhm... dorks. :dopey:

Good news to them though. I wish them all the luck in the new season, as they certainly drove well the last couple of races. I just hope they or maybe McLaren can close the gap to the three top teams a bit more than this year. Cause it was really Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull... eh... and the rest.

This is good news. Two good young drivers on a team with good funding. Sucks about the honda powerplants they'll be getting soon though.

12th and 13th aren't bad results at all, in the context of the competition. That's a mega achievement just being in there competing seriously with the best drivers in the world.

Only 3 Honda power units for whole 2018 season before penalties,
+ Helmut Marko expectations,
= F1 version of front line soldiers to land Normandy.

Hartley is quite a personable chap, really wants to get stuck in. I just hope they give him a car that works!

Latest Posts

Back