Pikes Peak International Hill Climb 2016

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 10 comments
Will there be a place to stream this? I really love watching all the different cars launching at the start.

Wait, its the 100th running??!!

Holy crap, I knew this event was old, but I didn't know it was THAT old. Guess that makes two events I can't afford to miss 👍

Rod Millen will be running the Pikes Peak Celica this year:

It's official! Rod Millen (@rodmillen) and the @Pennzoil ‪#‎pikespeakcelica‬will return for one last run up the mountain to celebrate the 100 anniversary running of @ppihc1916 This 4WD 1000+ hp beast held the overall record for 13 years prior to the road being paved. ‪#‎noonefaster‬‪#‎truehero‬‪#‎pennzoil‬ @toyotausa ‪#‎toyota‬‪#‎celica‬‪#‎pikespeak‬‪#‎rodmillen‬Don't Miss it! @leadfootfestival

It's official! Rod Millen (@rodmillen) and the @Pennzoil ‪#‎pikespeakcelica‬will return for one last run up the mountain to celebrate the 100 anniversary running of @ppihc1916 This 4WD 1000+ hp beast held the overall record for 13 years prior to the road being paved. ‪#‎noonefaster‬‪#‎truehero‬‪#‎pennzoil‬ @toyotausa ‪#‎toyota‬‪#‎celica‬‪#‎pikespeak‬‪#‎rodmillen‬Don't Miss it! @leadfootfestival

Oh...🤬 ....yes....

RACECAR, I'm surprised too. 100th rendition of this event? This year's Indy 500 will be in its 100th rendition. I still think Pikes Peak is a great challenge though people think it isn't as challenge because the roads are all paved. You know- Pikes Peak is still Pikes Peak. It ain't easy going from that base and contending with all of those corners and going high up in elevation. Even if you don't win in your class, you're a winner for even finishing. It is nice to know two historic races will run their 100th version this year.

Good luck to all drivers and teams who'll compete in this year's Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.

Only thing that would make this better is if they ran the Tacoma along with it under Rhys.
LEADFOOT_1474.jpg

Last edited:
Back