Places to play GT7 near Frankfurt?

Australia
Wollongong
THNDR_Artsy
Hi Everyone!

Random question. I’ll be in Frankfurt for work and was hoping to somehow still do an important league race on Sunday 21st July. Are there any arcades or places where you can play GT7 (ideally on a sim, but would settle for controller)

Thanks!

Not sure but maybe the PlayStation Portal which lets you remote play ps5 games from anywhere you have access to broadband Wifi.
It is theoretically possible to also play on a 5G cellular connection. I have successfully connected to my PS5 on a 4G cellular network, though that was dodgy even for just checking Hagerty's and UCD prices.

That brings me to problem one - Remote Play, especially if one wants to play, requires at least 5 Mbps and a recommended 15 Mbps download speed where one is and the same 5/15 Mbps upload speed where the PS is. The latter is not a guarantee as, in most cases, home internet upload speed is a fraction of download speed. In my case, I don't quite hit the 15 Mbps upload recommendation (it's officially 10 Mbps, though it usually tests around 12 Mbps).

Then there is the bigger problem of rather massive latency. The data has to do a rather lengthy round trip from the PS to where the Remote Play device is, then back after human reaction. Even in near-ideal conditions (one is simply down the street and the home internet is wired), that's over a tenth of a second plus reaction time (and in online play, another delay of close to a tenth of a second to account for communication between the PS and the host server) between when the PS displays a particular frame and when it receives an input based on that frame. It is roughly a half-second (plus reaction time, the inherent online delay, and any unusual "last-mile" issues on either end) between Australia and Germany. At 120 mph, that half-second is 88 feet (or in metric terms, 200 km/h is just under 28 meters).

Hi Everyone!

Random question. I’ll be in Frankfurt for work and was hoping to somehow still do an important league race on Sunday 21st July. Are there any arcades or places where you can play GT7 (ideally on a sim, but would settle for controller)

Thanks!
Not that I am looking for them, but I am not aware of video gaming arcades (especially with gaming consoles) in Germany comparable to other countries (like Japan, or South Korea), I have seen the usual internet cafes with PCs though.
My experience is pretty outdated and I sincerly hope it has at least changed a bit.

Wouldnt it be possible to pack your PS with you?

Not that I am looking for them, but I am not aware of video gaming arcades (especially with gaming consoles) in Germany comparable to other countries (like Japan, or South Korea), I have seen the usual internet cafes with PCs though.
My experience is pretty outdated and I sincerly hope it has at least changed a bit.

Wouldnt it be possible to pack your PS with you?
Yeah, Arcade halls never became big here. Iirc, there was a law against it to prevent children from spending all their money on machines that are similar to gambling machines

Sadly unable to take the PS5 (though region coding would probably have made it unusable here anyway?)
Region coding has not been a thing for PS game discs for a long time. It was already gone for the PS3-era with the exception of a handful of specific games

I found two places, but I don’t think either will work sadly. ADAC esports lounge looks to only be ACC (though I emailed them to double check), and a place called eCamp had G29s and f1, but are booked out on Sunday 😫

Or if anyone lives nearby and would consider letting some random from the other side of the world use your sim for an hour or so? 😂 Happy to pay of course!

1721192009784.png

1721192051402.png

Back