Playing on PS5 and PS4

• Thread starter Roggers
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
rodgers1
I have the digital version for PS5 which includes the free copy for PS4.
I only have 1 4k TV in my house so that where the PS5 is hooked up too but I’m not always able to play my PS5. I have in my spare room my PS4 which I can and do use.
What I want to do is play on PS5 when I can and when Im booted off my PS5, I want to be able to carry on playing my PS4. Has anyone had any issues playing on multiple consoles?

when I switched to PS5 from PS4 there was a pop up about only being allowed to run one account on one system so it was logging out the old times one, I didn’t pay too much attention though sorry

B80
Not sure boss , but how about remote play from ps4 to ps5?

I do it from pc to ps5 sometimes.
I could try remote play. I just dont want an lag and I fear remote play might have lag.
Im I’m the middle of install GT7 now on my PS4 so will just give it a go and see what happens.

I could try remote play. I just dont want an lag and I fear remote play might have lag.
Im I’m the middle of install GT7 now on my PS4 so will just give it a go and see what happens.
Yeah could be a danger if over WiFi, depending on setup, environment yiu have there. If you can use cat 6 Ethernrt cable to the router or a switch, should be fine.

I have the digital version for PS5 which includes the free copy for PS4.
I only have 1 4k TV in my house so that where the PS5 is hooked up too but I’m not always able to play my PS5. I have in my spare room my PS4 which I can and do use.
What I want to do is play on PS5 when I can and when Im booted off my PS5, I want to be able to carry on playing my PS4. Has anyone had any issues playing on multiple consoles?
Zero issues. I do it daily. It's not even a problem turning it on on one console while GT7 is still running on the other. The game on the other console will switch to off-line mode while it says "please wait closing connection to the other console" on the one you want to switch to. Then it downloads the save from the cloud and you're good to go.

The game saves all the time so the save in the cloud should always be up to date. I haven't lost a single credit yet switching back and forth, one thing that's very reliable :)

I'm not a fan of remote play, it works but isn't all that stable over wifi and there is always some lag

Good enough for an automated script but the lower fidelity, compression artifacts, occasional hitches and extra lag make it hard to handle fast cars.

Last edited:
Zero issues. I do it daily. It's not even a problem turning it on on one console while GT7 is still running on the other. The game on the other console will switch to off-line mode while it says "please wait closing connection to the other console" on the one you want to switch to. Then it downloads the save from the cloud and you're good to go.

The game saves all the time so the save in the cloud should always be up to date. I haven't lost a single credit yet switching back and forth, one thing that's very reliable :)

I'm not a fan of remote play, it works but isn't all that stable over wifi and there is always some lag

Good enough for an automated script but the lower fidelity, compression artifacts, occasional hitches and extra lag make it hard to handle fast cars.

Thanks for info. Just downloading now to my PS4. Means I can play on an even now 😀
Yeah I noticed when I opened the PS4 version I had a notice saying it was closing the PS5 session down.

Remote Play on paper sounds like a great solution, and the few times I’ve used it been ok.

Ive tried a few other games to switch between consoles and it been awful. I have my game data saved on PSPlus & backed up to a HDD but when I switch I’m never sure which game data I’m loading and on one game it got messy and I ended up loading an old game data file and lost a few hours of game play.

Quick update for anyone thats wants to play on both consoles..

Switching between the two is no problem at all. At the start of the game you get a message to say you are been logged out of another console and logging in to the one your playing.
Everything gets updated between the two consoles and I’ve had no issues so far.

Trophies are console specific. So if your wanting X trophy I’d advise you to use the console you want the trophy to be shown on.

Only issue I’ve run into is sometimes if you leave the console (PS5/PS4) in rest mode and go play on the other console (PS5/PS4) and then go back and log into the original console (PS5/PS4) sometimes the game doesn’t update itself and still think your in offline mode. I’ve found just quiting the game before you go play on the other console stops any issues.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong here then please?

I got invited by Sony to order a PS5 so i did.
Whilst it was on order I bought a copy of GT7 for PS5 on disk.

I then setup the new PS5 and was asked if I wanted to transfer the saved data for games or the games themselves.
Copying the games was going to take 20 hours (over my network) so I just copied the data. I have a copy of the game.

I then put in my PS5 GT7 disk in and it installed, played the intro video and asked me to play music rally whilst it installed.
I got a new trophy for playing music rally and have none of my transferred data.

I also have a new set of trophies now, I thought that bug had been fixed?

What did I do wrong? And more importantly, how can I fix it? Do I need to wipe the PS5 and start again somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong here then please?

I got invited by Sony to order a PS5 so i did.
Whilst it was on order I bought a copy of GT7 for PS5 on disk.

I then setup the new PS5 and was asked if I wanted to transfer the saved data for games or the games themselves.
Copying the games was going to take 20 hours (over my network) so I just copied the data. I have a copy of the game.

I then put in my PS5 GT7 disk in and it installed, played the intro video and asked me to play music rally whilst it installed.
I got a new trophy for playing music rally and have none of my transferred data.

I also have a new set of trophies now, I thought that bug had been fixed?

What did I do wrong? And more importantly, how can I fix it? Do I need to wipe the PS5 and start again somehow?

Thanks in advance.
PS5 & PS4 now merge the trophies on both consoles but for some reason they don’t sync together. What will have happened is your trophy list will have updated the PS4 trophies on to the PS5 which is why you see these notifications.
I get it all the time when I switch between the two consoles. As far as I can tell you’ve nothing wrong.

I assume you have your saved game data which is the most important part?

PS5 & PS4 now merge the trophies on both consoles but for some reason they don’t sync together. What will have happened is your trophy list will have updated the PS4 trophies on to the PS5 which is why you see these notifications.
I get it all the time when I switch between the two consoles. As far as I can tell you’ve nothing wrong.

I assume you have your saved game data which is the most important part?
As your progress is stored on the servers, the only thing you need should be your PSN logged in.
Thank you both so much.

It seems leaving it overnight and switching it back on has resolved the saved data issue.

And it flashed up something about synch'ing the trophies so hopefully that will catch up soon. :)

Yep, I do this all the time and the only problem I have is the occasional double daily-bonus-star ticket.
I've been unable to determine the parameters for getting a second ticket, but it's an actual second mileage ticket not a duplicate.

Feels better than remote play to me (and I love remote play!)

Latest Posts

Back