PlayStation 5 Sales Break All-Time Quarterly Record, Total Shipped Now 38 Million

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
That has to be the ugliest console ever created.

Both it and PS4 should be called the censorstations. But PS4 sales show most gamers seems to be OK with being treated as if Sony knows better than they do.

Gore is totally fine with Sony, but the showing just a bit of the female body is not. Shouldn't be a surprise considering that the Sony HQ is in the States now. The PS3 was the end of an era for proper gaming on the PS platform. Even Nintendo and MS are less restrictive. Just look at the tiny amount mods Skyrim has on PS4 compared to the XB1.

I am not a big MS fan, but its sad to see the most anti-consumer, pro-censorship platform sell as good as it does. Oh wait, the Switch outsold the PS4. Some good news at last.

The first three PS consoles were more Japanese than the current ones are, and this is why I will always like them better. Not to also mention the need of the internet to play most modern game systems.

Last edited:
I think the Xbox Series is a good console, and Game Pass is a good business idea, but where they're losing out is that the PS5 just feels special, new, 'next gen' while the Xbox is almost too user friendly for its own good with a familiar UI, all the perfect backwards compatability, it feels like an incremental improvement and polish while the PS5 feels like an all new thing. Objectively, they're on a par in capability, but I can see why the PS5 is taking quite a significant lead at the moment. People don't want familiar from a new console, they want something exciting and shiny and new and the PS5 presses those buttons more.

I also have issues with the quality of the stuff on Game Pass, I ended up cancelling it because unless you're really into indie walking simulators or first person shooters, I just don't see much on there particular from a racing games perspective.

Back