United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
mopp_9904_03_%2B1964_plymouth_belvedere_replica%2Bfront_angle.jpg

e02321c3c9c5d51a73078fbc9b9a21ea.jpg

jaboolian643.jpg

1964-plymouth-belvedere-rear-view.jpg

Starting with the 1962 model year, all full-size Plymouths were "downsized", with more compact outside dimensions. American car buyers at the time were in the thought mode of "Bigger is Better", and sales of these models suffered. However, the big block V8-engined (426) Belvederes proved to be a force on the track, and became a desirable drag race car due to its lightweight body.

The 1963 and 1964 models used the same unibody platform as the '62s, but were restyled to look longer and wider. The 1964 Belvedere was also the car used to introduce the 426 Chrysler Hemi engine, which used a canted large-valve arrangement. This was such a significant high-RPM breathing improvement that Hemi-equipped Plymouth Belvederes won first, second, and third at NASCAR's 1964 Daytona race. One of the winning drivers was the famous Richard Petty.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...b7FAGs&usg=AFQjCNGKrnYmGtmfyI8Y1wouNzi8tuJ17Q

Last edited:
The car on the first picture looks really good but has two doors more than the other cars on the pictures.... So I wonder do you suggest the 4-door car or the 2-door ? The 2-door looks like it has a bigger engine too :P

The car on the first picture looks really good but has two doors more than the other cars on the pictures.... So I wonder do you suggest the 4-door car or the 2-door ? The 2-door looks like it has a bigger engine too :P
I'm suggesting the 2-door model. I changed the first pic to clear any confusion.

Of course, it's up to you, it's your suggestion :) To bad I didn't found some pictures of the 2-door sedan to you, only the HT :(
Yea I had a hard time finding the 2 door sedan. It was only for a side view so no big deal.

Latest Posts

Back