Plymouth Breeze Expresso 2.4 1998

United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
logo-Plymouth.jpg

1998-plymouth-breeze-expresso-photo-319175-s-1280x782.jpg

Wikipedia
The Plymouth Breeze was released in late 1995 as an early 1996 model year. Although it did not match the sales of its predecessor, the Acclaim, the Breeze did manage to sell over 230,000 units and total production was greater than that of its Chrysler Cirrus sibling, which was produced for nearly two additional years.

As part of Chrysler's new marketing strategy which addressed concerns that its brands were treading into each other's marketing territory, Plymouth, as Chrysler Corporation's low-price brand for essentially its entire existence, was to focus exclusively on value. As a result, the Breeze (as well as the base model Stratus) filled the position as the entry-level JA car. Due to this, the Breeze lacked certain features including an available V6 engine, alloy wheels, leather interior, body-colored door handles, fog lights, and Chrysler's Autostick transmission, all of which were offered on the Stratus and Cirrus.

The Plymouth Breeze came only as one basic model. Equipped nearly identically to a base model Dodge Stratus, the Breeze came standard with the 2.0 L I4 engine, five-speed manual transmission, 14-inch wheel covers, air conditioning, and driver and front-passenger air bags. Although it came in only a base model, the Breeze was still available with many options, such as a four-speed automatic transmission, a 2.4 L four-cylinder engine (available with automatic transmission only), anti-lock brakes, a tilt steering wheel, cruise control, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, and a sunroof. Additionally, 1998 and 1999 Breezes offered an "Expresso Package". Similar to Expresso packages offered on the Voyager and Neon, content included special badging, unique wheel covers, upgraded audio system, and premium interior cloth in unique "Rhythm" pattern. The Breeze was discontinued early in the 2000 model year, as part of the Chrysler's phaseout of the Plymouth brand; the last Breeze rolled off the Sterling Heights Assembly line on January 7, 2000.

Trim levels
  • base: 1996–2000
  • Expresso: 1998–1999
Engines
  • 2.0 L I4
  • 2.4 L I4
Year-to-year changes
  • 1996: Plymouth Breeze sedan is released.
  • 1997: A new center console which included storage space, an integrated armrest, and rear-seat cupholders.
  • 1998: The 2.4 L I4 is added as an option, and so is the Expresso trim level.
  • 1999: Revised suspension tuning for 1999 which promised a smoother ride.
  • 2000: Breeze production was halted early in 2000, due to the phaseout of the Plymouth brand name. Only a base model Breeze was available.
Specs:
Engine: 2.4L I4
Power: 150 hp
Torque: 167 lb-ft.
Weight: 1320 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive

Similar Suggestions:
Dodge Stratus ES '95
Dodge Stratus NATCC '97
Dodge Stratus R/T '02

Why do we need this? Because I said so.