• 6 comments

GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
pronto-spyder-plymouth.jpg
The Plymouth Pronto Spyder was a 2-door roadster concept car revealed in 1998. It never went into production, partly because of the discontinuation of the Plymouth brand, but largely because it was meant as a rolling test of styling and mechanical concepts.

The car was fitted with a mid-mounted, turbocharged, 2.4 L, 225 hp (168 kW), 4-cylinder engine, later used in the Chrysler PT Cruiser, and a five-speed manual transmission. It was designed to mimic the feel of more exotic European roadsters, but partly by using lightweight recycled materials (largely polyethylene terephthalate, or PET, covering a steel chassis) in its construction, cost much less; the vehicle weighed 2,700 lb (1,225 kg). The interior was also a styling test-bed for color (it was spray-painted red) and instrumentation arrangements.

Aside from the engine, the plastic tortoise-shell steering wheel rim was later used on the Chrysler 300C. To be produced, the concept would have needed to meet safety regulations, have better body stiffness (the A-pillar would need revision), suspension travel clearance for the wheelhouse, and rear-view mirrors, among other changes.

plymouth-pronto-03.jpg

We need more Plymouth cars, and this one is just exactly what we need.

My mind is suddenly becoming GT2 after seeing this suggestion...

But my minds thinks about the fact this car haven't suggested until yesterday...

A GT2 classic. We need this... PRONTO! :P
My mind is suddenly becoming GT2 after seeing this suggestion...

But my minds thinks about the fact this car haven't suggested until yesterday...

It's interesting how this car is one of the more famous cars back in GT2. Maybe because its styling was so unique it stood out from all the other 500+ cars in the game.

With regards to the styling, I dunno why, but I'm going to have to use Jeremy Clarkson's word when he described the Porsche 928 in the Top Gear Patagonia Special (RIP Top Gear :( ), in that this car was a bit old but it looks like "it was just designed yesterday".

Latest Posts

Back