l_b2b9fea61dea46e5842d84baa20ec327.jpg

http://www.janesaddiction.com

Nominated by Delphic Reason​

Origins:Los Angeles, California, United States
Genre(s):Alternative Rock, Noise Rock, Alternative Metal
Years Active:1985-1991, 1997, 2001-2004, 2008-present
Label(s):Warner Bros., EMI, Capitol

Ok, I'll get everyone started.

First of all, I added a new pole option, "I do not like them".

I voted Hall of Fame. They're a really good band and very influential. I'm mostly a fan of their early career in the late eighties. Particularly the album Nothing's Shocking. That and the Chili Peppers' Mother's Milk are THE TWO late eighties alternative albums that everyone should have in their collection. I'm also a pretty big Dave Navarro fan. He a pretty zany character with a sound all his own. And as a stand in for John Frusciante he had a big hand in making the Red Hot Chili Peppers album One Hot Minute a very interesting one.

Some of my favorites:

Mountain Song

Had A Dad

Just Because

Last edited:
I like a good chunk of their stuff, but it's not among the best stuff I've heard.

Good.

HOF for sure. I have to echo the OP. Nothing's Shocking is one of my all time favorite albums.

Brilliant band, and absolutely brilliant live.

;)

MEH

To me they really do not do anything that is catchy or over the top,but none the less they are an alright band.

MEH

To me they really do not do anything that is catchy or over the top,but none the less they are an alright band.

Jane's Addiction NOT doing everything over the top?.... That will be the day.

You should watch the Perry Farell (lead vocals for JA) directed film "The Gift". Perry wears a dress through most of it...

;)

Back