Megadeth

megadeth_topo.jpg

http://www.megadeth.com

Nominated by Nicknamealguem​

Origins: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Genre(s): Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Hard Rock, Speed Metal
Years Active: 1983-2002, 2004-present
Label(s): Combat, Capitol, Roadrunner

This. (Hall of Famers) Theyre not Mettalica but hey... :sly: ;) :lol:! And i find Rust in peace their best album:)!

Last edited:
No no no no no no no no no no. Please take up a new profession. Or a vow of silence.

Hall of Fame for me, of course. One of the Big four - they are highly influential, musical geniuses and I can't deny they're valuable contribution to the Metal/Trash scene, deserving as much or more than the highly acclaimed Metallica.

I can't really point out a bad album from them, sure there were some week ones like Risk or The World Needs a Hero, but if you contra-balance it with such amazing works as Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, Peace Sells and the latest Endgame, From the 80's through today, they play a small role in Megadeth career.
The week thing about Megadeth is the vocals, but that's something you learn to ignore or like when you love everything else about them.
Of course, this is my opinion why I nominated them and voted Hall of Fame.

Would love to hear Duffers or any other opinion why take up a new profession.

Hall of Fame for me, of course. One of the Big four - they are highly influential, musical geniuses and I can't deny they're valuable contribution to the Metal/Trash scene, deserving as much or more than the highly acclaimed Metallica.

I can't really point out a bad album from them, sure there were some week ones like Risk or The World Needs a Hero, but if you contra-balance it with such amazing works as Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, Peace Sells and the latest Endgame, From the 80's through today, they play a small role in Megadeth career.
The week thing about Megadeth is the vocals, but that's something you learn to ignore or like when you love everything else about them.
Of course, this is my opinion why I nominated them and voted Hall of Fame.

Would love to hear Duffers or any other opinion why take up a new profession.

Easy mate, easy...:)!

Easy mate, easy:)!

:lol: It is!
Well I didn't what to start on a argument of Metallica vs. Megadeth, since there are plenty of them already, but after seeing your reply saying "they are no Metallica, but..." I couldn't avoid some frustration. I reckognise Metallica work and the genius album that is Master of Puppets, that I reckon, once more, it's probably (to me) one of the best Metal albums of all times, and no Megadeth album could surpass that. "Ride the lightning" and "...and justice for all" were also pretty good, but that's what? Less than a decade of the bands lifetime.
In contrast, Megadeth are around for the same time as Metallica (though with allot of changes in formation) and only had a bad half decade (1997 - 2003).
That's why I really never understood why Metallica is so highly acclaimed and not Megadeth, and not wanting to put my hands on boiling water, I'm really tempted to blame the media.

That's why I really never understood why Metallica is so highly acclaimed and not Megadeth, and not wanting to put my hands on boiling water, I'm really tempted to blame the media.

I think a lot of people sort of had the mindset that once Dave left Metallica he wasn't going to be as good so never really gave Megadeth much of a chance. I know personally, during my more ignorant period in music I basically had this viewpoint. Granted I'm still not a huge fan of Megadeth but still think they are a great band and HoF worthy.

:lol: It is!
Well I didn't what to start on a argument of Metallica vs. Megadeth, since there are plenty of them already, but after seeing your reply saying "they are no Metallica, but..." I couldn't avoid some frustration. I reckognise Metallica work and the genius album that is Master of Puppets, that I reckon, once more, it's probably (to me) one of the best Metal albums of all times, and no Megadeth album could surpass that. "Ride the lightning" and "...and justice for all" were also pretty good, but that's what? Less than a decade of the bands lifetime.
In contrast, Megadeth are around for the same time as Metallica (though with allot of changes in formation) and only had a bad half decade (1997 - 2003).

I see your a big fan;)! Megadeth was a great band too, but nothing comparing to the Might of the Mettalicats:D! In my opinion they were the true founders of Thrash Metal with those 3 albuns (Ride the Lighting, Master of Puppets ...and Justice for all)! You also forgot about the Black Album, that in a diferent tone was a great Metal album too! "theyre not Mettalica" phrase was mostly about the old war (Mettalica vs Dave Mustaine), but a bit of "Mettalica is a greater band":D;)! I love Megadeth but i recon that they arent the Icons Mettalica are... Fanboy?! Who can blame me?! :lol:

I see your a big fan;)! Megadeth was a great band too, but nothing comparing to the Might of the Mettalicats:D! In my opinion they were the true founders of Thrash Metal with those 3 albuns (Ride the Lighting, Master of Puppets ...and Justice for all)! You also forgot about the Black Album, that in a diferent tone was a great Metal album too! "theyre not Mettalica" phrase was mostly about the old war (Mettalica vs Dave Mustaine), but a bit of "Mettalica is a greater band":D;)! I love Megadeth but i recon that they arent the Icons Mettalica are... Fanboy?! Who can blame me?! :lol:

I don't consider myself a big fan. I like their stuff just as I also like Metallica stuff. Don't get me wrong I like Metallica and reckon their contribution with good music (pre-Black Album). But I can't deny that, from the Big four, the ones who contributed mostly to Thrash from their early days until today, was undoubtedly, Megadeth.

I don't consider myself a big fan. I like their stuff just as I also like Metallica stuff. Don't get me wrong I like Metallica and reckon their contribution with good music (pre-Black Album). But I can't deny that, from the Big four, the ones who contributed mostly to Thrash from their early days until today, was undoubtedly, Megadeth.

I see were not going anywhere :lol:! Diferent opinions;)! I lived that Era (early nineties) so i have my own formed opinion!

Last edited:
( Very ) Good, but not quite Hall of Fame.

I'm a huuuge fan, but they aren't Judas Priest, Metallica or Iron Maiden good. Very close, but not right there.

One of my favorites. They have basically 0 bad albums.. except maybe Risk or Cryptic writings.

Easy one for me Hall Of Fame.

I first saw them in 1992, great show I can still remember some of it.
I'm glad Lars and James kicked Dave out of Metallica or we would never have had Megadeth.

I like Metallica as well but I prefer Megadeth, I'm not sure why probably for their consistency. Metallica's early stuff was good but went downhill badly after Justice IMHO.

Cheers Shaun.

Instant HOF, Megadeth are better than Metallica

PS: The thread name from the music forum, Megadeth is spelt wrong, there's not meant to be an A :grumpy:

Megadeth is more worthy of a "Hall of Fame" title then a lot of bands that somehow made it there.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Mechanix... One of the greatest riffs of all time.

While I do acknowledge the fact that like Metallica they had there generic rock faze, Megadeth actually wrote some fantastic stuff IMO during that time.

Something about the Risk album I strangely love. Maybe I'm just in love with Dave's vocals because IMO hes one of the best ever.

You mean Dave Mustaine, the riff god

PS: If people are putting up good songs, someone put up Tornado of Souls, because I don't know how to put up videos

Megadeth is more worthy of a "Hall of Fame" title then a lot of bands that somehow made it there.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Mechanix... One of the greatest riffs of all time.

Im sorry, what?! You kidding? Kill em All/ The Four Horsemen?!

Im sorry, what?! You kidding? Kill em All/ The Four Horsemen?!

If I'm correct, Dave Mustaine wrote the riff for Four Horsemen but Metallica didn't give credit, so Megadeth were taking what is actually their own in the first place.

Last edited:
If I'm correct, Dave Mustaine wrote the riff for Four Horsemen but Metallica didn't give credit, so Megadeth were taking what is actually their own in the first place

Correct.

As well as from Kill Em All.

Jump In The Fire.
Phantom Lord.
Metal Militia.

From Ride The Lightning.

Ride The Lightning.
The Call Of Ktulu.

Mustaine also claims to have written Leper Messiah of the album Master Of Puppets. This is disputed by Kirk Hammet although he does admit to using a chord progression that Mustaine wrote in the song. Don't get me wrong Metallica are fantastic (I have all their albums and have seen them live twice) but Mustaine's influence and music reaches further into Metallica than most realise.
Personally the three albums I've mentioned are Metallica's best, all my opinion of course. ;)

Cheers Shaun.

My second favorite band behind Iron Maiden, and probably the best of the Big Four in my opinion. Definitely Hall Of Fame material. Dave started two of the most influential and successful metal bands of all time, which, in my book, should be enough to get them (or at least Dave) inducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back