Sting

sting_the_emperors_new_groove_002.jpg

http://www.sting.com

Nominated by AlexGTV​

Origins: Wallsend, England
Genre(s): Rock, Jazz, New Age, Pop
Years Active: 1971-present
Label(s): A&M Records, Deutche Grammphon, Universal Music Group

Sting was tolerable fronting The Police, because he had the humour of Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland to temper his pretentiousness. Once they broke up and it was just Sting and his ego, I immediately lost interest.

Sting was tolerable fronting The Police, because he had the humour of Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland to temper his pretentiousness. Once they broke up and it was just Sting and his ego, I immediately lost interest.

Pretty much sums it up. I do not like his solo effort.

Quite agree with you. But there is a bit of a dilemma that comes up with this pole. Are we voting on Sting's entire career, which includes The Police, or are we voting solely on his solo career? It's a bit of a predicament, isn't it?

I can see this pole getting very subjective.

I would say we're voting on Sting's solo career; The Police should be a separate poll. After all the Beatles are in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (the other one, not the GTP HOF) as a group, while Harrison, McCartney and Lennon are members as individual artists.

BTW the Police should be a poll subject here someday.

This...

;)

You could always nominate them. ;)

Heh, I could, but I probably have more than my share of pending nominations waiting to be voted on. Besides, if they're really HOF-worthy I'm sure someone else will step up and nominate them.

Back