United States
Dallas, TX
http://aliceinchains.com/
0e2d.png

Origin: Seattle, Washington, USA

Genres: Alternative metal, alternative rock, grunge, heavy metal

Years active: 1987–2002, 2005–present

Labels: Columbia, Virgin, EMI

Associated acts: Class of '99, Comes with the Fall, Mad Season, Spys4Darwin, Ozzy Osbourne, Heart

I really enjoy Alice in Chains myself but, not quite sure how the music will stand up to the test of time. The unplugged album is in my top 20 albums for sure.

I love Alice in Chains; ever since I was a little kid. One of the great grunge bands, better than Nirvana in my opinion. Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley made some great harmonizing when the latter was still alive.

Don't forget these songs:

Also, Crow, do you think you could reorder the OP so we don't have to scroll over?

I've never liked Grunge, most of the bands are pretty boring IMO. But on that note, AiC is one of the only good rock bands to have serious mainstream success in the last twenty years. But that's just my opinion. I give them HoF. Because they have some seriously amazing work that blows my mind every listen.

And so on and so on. It seems like they can do no wrong.

They get a 'good, but..." from me. Definitely a talented band, but just too generic of a sound for me to be considered true hall of famers.

H.O.F for sure...

They helped pioneer the Grunge sound as one of the "Grunge Four" (Soundgarden, Nirvana, AIC, and Pearl jam), yet managed to step away from the grunge sound with their own genre defying mix of alternative, country, and metal.

Very unique sound, and easily one of the most recognizable voices in modern rock music.

The new AIC on the other hand (fronted by ex "Comes with the Fall" vocalist William Duvall) lacks the raw edge Staley brought to the equation. His voice is somehow too "pretty" for AIC, in my opinion.

;)

Back