1967–1972

Labels:

Fantasy

Associated acts:

The Blue Velvets
The Golliwogs
Creedence Clearwater Revisited

Last edited:
I'll admit that CCR were a very good band. But I never really cared for them. I'm not so sure if they deserve a HoF spot, but close I guess.

I've voted Meh, can't say I've even heard of them before but they sound ok I guess...apologies to anyone who loves them!

Basic rock can't get any better than this. Been a fan for 14 years and will be until the day I die.

Best American band ever, hall of fame without a doubt.

I knew I'd find you in here, Greycap. :)

Last edited:
CCR rates at about the middle of my good list.I never really considered them to be HOF'ers.To me,there is just something lacking with this group that I can't quite put my finger on for some reason.

GOOD

Hall of Fame for me... extremely influential group, and it's amazing that they were only active for about 5 years. Their first five albums are all superb, but "Cosmo's Factory" is my favourite.

Definitely HOF material, CCR is grossly underappreciated in my opinion. They are pure rock and roll at its finest. 👍

Last edited:
They were very influential and who doesn't know at least 3 - 4 of their songs??

HOF

The problem is that everyone knows those half a dozen songs well enough to be able to sing along but next to nobody knows who made them. Far too many people think Proud Mary is a Tina Turner hit, for example.

HOF

Unfortunately that's all they know.

For me they're "Good. But not HoF material", they have some extremely good songs, but the rest of their collection is just meh for me.

Aside from the material on "Chronicle" (their greatest hits), check out 'Porterville' and 'Walk On The Water' (and indeed the rest of their first album), 'Ramble Tamble' and 'Long As I Can See The Light' (from Cosmo's Factory) and 'Born On The Bayou' (from Bayou Country)...

I put 'meh' but it was hard. They defiantly have a few very good songs but that's about it. For me their is no consistency and a lot of it feels like generic filler. Fortunate Son for a long time was one of my favorite songs so they aren't a bad band but they just don't have enough stuff that makes me go wild.

Back