Formerly known as “Crooooooow”
Premium
United States
Dallas, TX
Eminem
eminem-drug.jpg

Background Information

Birth name Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Born October 17, 1972 (age 38) Saint Joseph, Missouri, U.S.

Origin Warren, Michigan, U.S.

Genres Hip hop

Occupations Rapper, record producer, actor, songwriter

Years active 1995–present

Labels Interscope, Aftermath

Associated acts Dr. Dre, D12, Royce da 5'9", 50 Cent, Obie Trice

No videos, croooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow? I'll post them since I nominated him anyway.

Watch this video before you vote, please. And if you hate rap so much that you can't even watch the whole video before voting, at least listen to eminem's verse from 2:45 on.

language warning

I think his songs make a case for themselves, his newest album is incredible. He's finally matured and grown into the skill that he's always had. I still consider him the best mainstream rapper around right now.

HOF easily, simply amazing.

Here's 2 of my favorite songs, IMO his latest material hasn't been quite as good.

HOF

Lyrically he's one of the best, and when he takes his music seriously, he's probably the greatest rap artest to come up from the under ground.

I'm not a fan, and I never will be. I can't get into this kind of music, therefore can't really respect what impact he has had on this genre; good or bad. In retrospective I should have voted for 'Meh' rather than what I did vote for. Oh well.

I'm not a fan, and I never will be. I can't get into this kind of music, therefore can't really respect what impact he has had on this genre; good or bad. In retrospective I should have voted for 'Meh' rather than what I did vote for. Oh well.

I can totally get into this kind of music, but I am in total agreement on this artist. He has so much respect, so I respect him for that. It could be that I can't stand his voice, I don't care much for the lyrics, or that I am a casual fan of rap, not that I just listen to "easy listening" type rap.

How am I supposed to vote in this case? I recognize his importance in rap music, but I think he's just taking up space. :P

Not really a rap guy, but his first couple albums were decent so I'll give him a Meh.

HOF, because he pisses off all of these so-called "concerned parents" who like to ruin everyone else's fun. Plus, he's a fantastic artist, and I love listening to his stuff from 1998-2005. Relapse was a bit of a let-down, but Recovery has a very suiting title.

Generally not a fan of rap but I can appreciate well written lyrics, no matter the genre. Voted Hall of Fame status.

I think he's terrific, I started liking him once my brother started listening to him during his teenage years. He has some funny lyrics, hateful ones, and the downright dark ones. His latest stuff isn't that great, but I'd rather hear him than those annoying Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Drake characters. I hate them so much I can't stand the idiotic "Black And Yellow" despite me being a Steelers fan.

Favorite song? Sing for the Moment. It has actually brought tears to my eyes. That 3rd verse has some lyrics that I've felt and just hit me like a train.

I choose HoF.

I think he's terrific, I started liking him once my brother started listening to him during his teenage years. He has some funny lyrics, hateful ones, and the downright dark ones. His latest stuff isn't that great, but I'd rather hear him than those annoying Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Drake characters. I hate them so much I can't stand the idiotic "Black And Yellow" despite me being a Steelers fan.

I choose HoF.

I agree, his new material is mediocre, but compared to the other trash on the radio these days, it's golden.

He could release 500 more mediocre albums, and he'd still be my favorite artist for his first three.

I agree, his new material is mediocre, but compared to the other trash on the radio these days, it's golden.

He could release 500 more mediocre albums, and he'd still be my favorite artist for his first three.

I know; the only song from Recovery I enjoyed was Cinderella Man, everything else was just him saying how he's off drugs. W got it the first time, Marshall!

Pretty much the reason I enjoy him is not for ow well he puts lyrics together, but how he has lyrics from his heart, and his past. Everyone today raps about money, fancy cars and "ladies" (more explicit term is used)

As much as I know how famous and influent Eminem is, personal taste is personal taste. ( And I'm a Metal guy... )

Please take up a new profession, seriously.

Back