Premium
United States
Buckeye Nation
http://wreckingcrew.com/Ironbound/

capturevy.png

Origin : Old Bridge Township,New Jersey,USA

Genres : Thrash metal,Speed metal,Groove metal

Years active : 1980 to present

Labels : Megaforce,Atlantic,CMC,Metal-is Records,Spitfire,Regain,Bodog,Nuclear Blast

Associated Acts : Anthrax

I do not like them. I chose "Take Up A New Profession" but I wouldn't say that they're that bad. It's really the only option I have if I don't like them. Never ever been a fan of this genre, it gives me a headache.

I'm a bit Biased as I nominated them. But HoF for sure. For a sub-genre that is a famous as Trash its a tragedy that this band has hardly gotten any public recognition compared to their counterparts of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer. Especially considering that Overkill has yet to allow a corporation to come in and change their music for bigger bucks. They are my #2 metal band of the 80's (Behind Exodus for territorial reasons ;p.) They are the best non-bay area thrash band ;D and far greater then Metallica and Megadeth ever were. That gets them HoF for me.

Now to spam the music. And while the song Nicksfix picked off their new album is bloody fantastic, I think people should hear what got them to where they are today.

(Obviously their is going to be some cussing in the songs ;) )

And for you punk fans...

Now I think its time to listen to some Overkill to get my blood flowing for tonight.

They are Hall of Fame to me, as much as the big four (and some other Metal Bands). A really influential band and has a really great sound to it.

I am quite surprised at the poll results, since not too many people like Metal, I was expecting at least a Meh, but not the last option winning.

Hmmm....

I know quite a bit about this band. Heard quite a bit of their music. It's ok, but too formulaic for me personally.

Had to go with "meh"...

;)

My first introduction to this band was on my 16th birthday when my girlfriend mistakenly bought me a cassette of theirs instead of Urge Overkill...the relationship was doomed and ended shortly afterwards.

I voted a polite "Meh"

Lets not start a fuss over the voting. I predicted the voting to go the way it is just by looking at all the other nominations. But I kind of figured there was going to be enough people here that knew who they were and it obviously isn't the case. When Metallica comes up it will be an overwhelming HoF vote like it should be but when you compare the longevity of consistent good albums no one has done it better then Overkill. 30 years and not a single bad album. Some ok and not so great but none of them are bad. But 30 years of writing the same type of music without changing the sound and having no song sound the same while never producing a bad album is a feat that no other 80's metal band has done and for a scene as big as that one is something to be proud of.

You deny the influence of the band that distilled the defining metal elements of the 70's with an added dose of br00tal, until it burst and spawned most thrash bands of the 80's?

While I do appreciate the levity in your post (br00tal!), I can't say I agree. Yes, they have been influential, but that in and of itself is not enough reason for me to label this particular band H.O.F.

They have talent, that can't be denied. They just don't make it on my personal HOF list.

;)

Back