7270.png

Origin Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Genres
Hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal

Years
active 1968–present

Labels Moon, Mercury, Anthem, Atlantic

Last edited:
Without a doubt,the best trio to ever hit the stage.With only 1 lineup change in their 40+ year history ( Neil Peart replaced John Rutsey on drums after the release of their 1st album ),these guys are rock and roll survivors and -

Hall of Famers

When I went through my classic rock phase, I purchased quite a bit of Rush. Hall of Fame, no doubt about. The second best Canadian rock group in my opinion. I'll let you guess who the first is. Also, Geddy Lee looks like my friend's mom!

When I went through my classic rock phase, I purchased quite a bit of Rush. Hall of Fame, no doubt about. The second best Canadian rock group in my opinion. I'll let you guess who the first is. Also, Geddy Lee looks like my friend's mom!

The Arcade which I hope burns down in a fire :sly:

Nope, actually Nickelback.

Haha jk, Justin Bieber.

Actually, k.d. lang would be my pick.

No, you didn't actually think I was serious, did you?:P

Celine Dion is the one!

Arcade Fire

Not surprised by the outcome of the vote, but I am a little surprised (and delighted!) at how resounding a vote it was :eek: I think Rush are one of the few bands that have stayed consistently good throughout the years, and have remained true to their roots whilst not being afraid to express themselves in new ways... my Rush album collection now stands at 10, with "Grace Under Pressure" (1984) my current favourite, but "Hemispheres" (1976) was my first and will always have a special place in my collection...

Here's my Rush playlist on my iPod...

Spirit Of Radio - Permanent Waves (1980)
Animate - Counterparts (1993)
Lessons - 2112 (1976)
Distant Early Warning - Grace Under Pressure (1984)
Afterimage - Grace Under Pressure (1984)
The Body Electric - Grace Under Pressure (1984)
Limelight - Moving Pictures (1981)
Cut To The Chase - Counterparts (1993)
La Villa Strangiato - Hemispheres (1976)
Jacob's Ladder - Permanent Waves (1980)
Test For Echo - Test For Echo (1996)
Red Sector A - Grace Under Pressure (1984)
Vital Signs - Moving Pictures (1981)
Xanadu - A Farewell To Kings (1977)
Hemispheres - Hemispheres (1976)
2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx - 2112 (1976)

One song i love by Rush is Mystic Rythms. It seems to be one song that gets forgotten in all the other great songs by Rush, but it's great. When the first chorus ends and Alex brings in the guitar, that's when the song is at its best.

Ahh, Rush...great band indeed. Love their catalog, though I'm more prone to 80's Rush than the other eras.

I really wish I could find the Afterimage video...bonus points to the person who can find the video online.

Back