POLL: Should the future Gran Turismo 6 mobile application support more platforms?

Should the official GT6 app support other platforms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indonesia
Jakarta
Normalaatsra
I would like to start this poll to ask if the official Gran Turismo application coming soon to mobile and tablet devices should support more operating platforms. Alternatively one who has a portable device that SCE has no support can open their preffered web browser, visit the Gran Turismo website, and use a portal that has the same functions as the app.

On gran-turismo.com, there are details revealing that the Apple iOS and Google's Android will have support for this application, which include their tablet counterparts. Yet, there are other markets that are underserved in the mobile industry, including Windows Phone and BlackBerry to name a few. The purpose of the GT6 phone app is to extend the Gran Turismo experience outside of the living room and into your smartphone wherever you go. However one person might not be able to have this free access as their choice of mobile phone is not supported by SCE. I myself am a Windows Phone user and if I were to use the GT app other than on the PC, I would have to approach my parents who are users of the two supported platforms. It has come to my realisation that the reason why the Windows Phone has lacking app availability is that app developers only see potential marketability over allowing access to everyone else. But my fault can't be because I chose an underrated platform, the decision came from my wants and needs, something that Windows Phone exceeds for me.

What is your opinion on this?

NOTE: This poll will close in 4 weeks.

I would like to start this poll to ask if the official Gran Turismo application coming soon to mobile and tablet devices should support more operating platforms. Alternatively one who has a portable device that SCE has no support can open their preffered web browser, visit the Gran Turismo website, and use a portal that has the same functions as the app.

On gran-turismo.com, there are details revealing that the Apple iOS and Google's Android will have support for this application, which include their tablet counterparts. Yet, there are other markets that are underserved in the mobile industry, including Windows Phone and BlackBerry to name a few. The purpose of the GT6 phone app is to extend the Gran Turismo experience outside of the living room and into your smartphone wherever you go. However one person might not be able to have this free access as their choice of mobile phone is not supported by SCE. I myself am a Windows Phone user and if I were to use the GT app other than on the PC, I would have to approach my parents who are users of the two supported platforms. It has come to my realisation that the reason why the Windows Phone has lacking app availability is that app developers only see potential marketability over allowing access to everyone else. But my fault can't be because I chose an underrated platform, the decision came from my wants and needs, something that Windows Phone exceeds for me.

What is your opinion on this?

NOTE: This poll will close in 4 weeks.

It is your fault. You have a great phone for you but the mass market (what companies aim at) uses the others more. Why should they spend their development money on something that not as many people will use?

They have to draw the line somewhere. Why not support Ubuntu Touch / Phone?

At one point it was iPhone only, then android got bigger and studios put money into developing for it. I would think the GT6 App will be an easy port so it may just be a matter of time, if Windows phone gains more market share.

I myself am a Windows Phone user and if I were to use the GT app other than on the PC, I would have to approach my parents who are users of the two supported platforms. It has come to my realisation that the reason why the Windows Phone has lacking app availability is that app developers only see potential marketability over allowing access to everyone else. But my fault can't be because I chose an underrated platform, the decision came from my wants and needs, something that Windows Phone exceeds for me.

This is the eternal problem of an unsuccessful platform: developers won't develop for it until the platform has more users, but people won't use the platform until developers start developing for it. I myself have used both iOS and Android in the past and while I feel bad for WP users, you chose that platform with the full realization that development for it has been and currently is weak (and if you didn't, you should have done some research).

The smart thing to do would be to create a web app for unsupported devices. It wouldn't be on par exactly, but it would be close enough.

Blackberry is dead. Windows has tiny marketshare.

iOS and Android are the deal right now. Nobody programs for everybody.

GT doesn't work on Xbox why the hell would they program the app to run on Windows?

iOS, Android and PC support are the only ones to make sense. They'll probably have features on their site like they did with GT5 to view your profile and make changes, plus new features for 6. Not sure why they'd bother with any other mobile device, but I suppose it would be nice if it at least works on the web browsers for those instead of having an installed app.

Back