Cytoria

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Cytoria
/!\ YOU CAN VOTE FOR 4 ENTRIES /!\

full

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are trangressing some laws. Last winner @silverman_GT set this theme, here are the details :

Welcome to an alternate reality where sponsorship regulations aren't as strict as they were today; a world where motorsport is ruled by an army race cars in all shapes and sizes, wearing the white and red colors of Marlboro, and a world where rally stages are shaken by a fleet of dominant Martini Racing cars.

This time, we're looking back at the iconic legacy of tobacco/alcohol sponsorships in motorsport, with a modern twist - visualize your visions of modern-day cars wearing the vibrant and distinct colors of forbidden brands!

CARS
:
- post-2010 Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B cars.
- All Red Bull X cars
- Super Formula SF19
- Formula D BRZ
- Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car
- Toyota SF-R Racing Concept
- Track day specials: Fittipaldi EF7, McLaren P1 GTR, Pagani Zonda R, Aston Martin Vulcan
- Vision GT "race cars" that don't have any equivalents in the main four groups: Audi e-tron VGT, BMW VGT, Alpine VGT Race Mode, Lexus LF-LC VGT, Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT.

LIVERIES :
-Original designs are highly encouraged; but inspirations from existing real-life liveries are allowed - including "modern interpretations".
-Original designs based on tobacco/alcohol brands which had never appeared in motorsport are also allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
-Must feature a tobacco/alcohol brand as the main sponsorship, past or present.
-For artistic and creativity sake, "alternate" versions of tobacco/alcohol brands are also allowed (for example: barcodes as seen on Marlboro/Silk Cut cars, Benson & Hedges' "Buzzin' Hornets", "Mission Winnow", etc.), but make sure to mention them.
-Smaller sub-sponsors must be a post-2010 brand/company, or an old brand/company with post-2010 logos.
-Must be Sport Mode compatible.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to two bonus pictures
- At least one shot of the car on track (either moving or standstill. Pit lane and trackside Scapes are also allowed)

USER MADE DECALS:
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on May 7, 2020 (01:30, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

Due to the amount of entries, you can vote for 4 entries.
(Note that if you think that will devaluate your main votes, you can still vote for 3 entries only)

You can NOT vote for your own work.

Please take the time to open all the spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the best way for most of them.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04
sld1.jpg

sld2.jpg

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06
View media item 61691View media item 61692 _____________________________________

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

full

full

full

full

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26
View media item 61568View media item 61569

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35
View media item 61750View media item 61749

Last edited:
There's some really strong entries here. I must say that I absolutely love #33, The Duff Beer Ford Mustang. Perfect in every way for me!

I don't know if the hardest thing is to choose who you vote for or who you don't...

Hold on! :odd:

In just about every poll there are numerous comments about needing more votes because 3 wasn't enough.
Then when the ability is given to choose more, we don't bother...We really are a strange bunch :crazy: :lol:.

For the record, I used all 4, still had a hard time narrowing them down to that.
Super work as always guys!:cheers:

In just about every poll there are numerous comments about needing more votes because 3 wasn't enough.
Then when the ability is given to choose more, we don't bother...We really are a strange bunch :crazy: :lol:.

For the record, I used all 4, still had a hard time narrowing them down to that.
P4 is worth a wooden medal... :grumpy:

I used 4 and even then it was tough to narrow it down. Some amazing designs.

I wish some people's votes count double or triple :lol: #vote13

Anyway, I went with the following 3 designs for my votes. (I only realized after voting I had 4 votes :dunce:)

14 - Color selection, scheme and overall design just appealed a lot to me, even tho it looks a little busy from certain angles.

33 - A simple yet very striking design in my eyes. Very well executed 👍 (It needs center lock wheels tho)

34 - Even tho a few decals are weirdly skewed and the lower side sponsor stickers would've been better in a straight manner the overall design ist just very good. With a few improvements here and there this could be turned into a very cool looking livery ;)

Honurable mentiones are 4, 8 and 11 as they were in my closer selection. My 4th vote would probably have gone to #11 :)

There were a few other nice liveries, but some just fell out for me because of odd wheel choices or color combinations I just didn't like even tho the overall design was pretty well executed.

Interestingly however, my entry is again #13 and it feels like it's almost always been like that in the last few comps :lol:

I'm happy people voted for my entry, was a bit on a rushed side doing changes to a livery i already had done a while ago. Also i was doing a livery for a iRacing race that left me little time to improve this one.

For once I’ve forgotten to reserve a post for the winners, so I’ve added them in the OP.

Thank you for your votes, and congratulations to @NBDESIGNZ and @wowbaggerBR for joining the podium!

It’s quite fun to see the two Porsche here, as my own livery was also inspired by a Porsche...

Fun facts of the round :
- With the exception of the mandatory Samba Bus, this is the first win for a Volkswagen car.
- Porsche is now far ahead in the Hall of Fame with 19 podiums (then Nissan with 12 and BMW with 11).
- For the second time in a row, a Gr.4 wins a multiclass event. It happened only twice before (LEC #01 / @BLiTZ NSX, and LEC #30 / @Raphaele Huracan).
- I’ve forgotten to mention this on the last competition but the LEC #52 was the first and only multiclass event without ANY Gr.3 on the podium (Gr.4/Gr.X/Gr.1)
- About the manufacturers, 36/50 are now in the Hall of Fame. From the 14 left, Citroën is the only one will a full line-up (the others being mostly one-model makes).

For once I’ve forgotten to reserve a post for the winners, so I’ve added them in the OP.
Select the first post, and chose copy post from the menu. From the next menu select existing thread and paste the address of this thread in there. You'll then have 2 posts the same at the top of the thread. (Might need a refresh for it to appear properly.) Edit the 2nd one to suit.

Thank you for your votes, and congratulations to @NBDESIGNZ and @wowbaggerBR for joining the podium!

It’s quite fun to see the two Porsche here, as my own livery was also inspired by a Porsche...

Fun facts of the round :
- With the exception of the mandatory Samba Bus, this is the first win for a Volkswagen car.
- Porsche is now far ahead in the Hall of Fame with 19 podiums (then Nissan with 12 and BMW with 11).
- For the second time in a row, a Gr.4 wins a multiclass event. It happened only twice before (LEC #01 / @BLiTZ NSX, and LEC #30 / @Raphaele Huracan).
- I’ve forgotten to mention this on the last competition but the LEC #52 was the first and only multiclass event without ANY Gr.3 on the podium (Gr.4/Gr.X/Gr.1)
- About the manufacturers, 36/50 are now in the Hall of Fame. From the 14 left, Citroën is the only one will a full line-up (the others being mostly one-model makes).

I'm so happy, never though that my design would be in the podium, specially when compared against so many great designs.

Thanks guys!

congratulations to all! High-Quality stuff!

my favorite must be @wowbaggerBR 's Porsche. Would love to see a Cayman-Version for the Manu-Series :drool::cheers:

Thanks man, I'll be looking into this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back