Porsche Carrera 6 (906) 1966

• Thread starter Skython
  • 4 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
Skython11
porsche-906-04.jpg

The Porsche Carrera 6 (906) raced in... Well by looking at it you can tell quite easily where it raced. It placed 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th at Le Mans in 1966 only beaten by the GT40 trio. It is also the car to win the Targa Florio in 1966. What it lost in power (just 210 BHP) it made up in sheer lightweight. The 906 managed to weigh just over 600 KG's.

maxresdefault.jpg

For me, it's one of my absolute favourite Porsches, hence why I'm even bothering to suggest it in the blind hope that EA Games has their Porsche license run out. Absolutely loved driving this in GT Legends, and would be great to drive it in Gran Turismo some day.

porsche-906-08.jpg

I mean, PD has to have this car in the game! In the first pic there is a Pepsi logo on the side! :lol: I reckon it would be good if PD allowed some basic livery customization on this car too, like the ability to paint the car two colours, like how the first car image is white and orange. Maybe there could be an option to adjust those colours.

Last edited:
I always think of the 906 as the first "modern" Porsche that lead to the 917, 936, et.al. The pics show how tiny these "beasts" really were/are. Really hope PD gets the Porsche license.

I always think of the 906 as the first "modern" Porsche that lead to the 917, 936, et.al. The pics show how tiny these "beasts" really were/are. Really hope PD gets the Porsche license.
I hear that they are close to striking a deal once their Need for Speed contract is up. Porsche even admitted it was a mistake.

I hear that they are close to striking a deal once their Need for Speed contract is up. Porsche even admitted it was a mistake.

Well I've been hearing that rumour for about two years now. :lol: So I'm waiting for something official. We can all hope though. :D

Back