Porsche Esports Challenge USA Returns for 2023 in Gran Turismo 7 with $30,000 Prize Fund

• Thread starter Famine
  • 111 comments
I am off on the 11th.

And I do only live about 2 hours from their Carson facility...

Sounds like a fun event, too bad I'm a mere European.
I'm not exactly lucky myself as an American, I was cursed with not being born in or near any of these locations :lol:

Way over on the other end of the country, but hey I won't say no to time trials and credits.

I’m curious as to how the in-person events work. Is it just show up and wait in line? Anytime during their normal business hours? Can you adjust settings to your preferences?

I usually give the lap challenges a go at the IMSA events since Lexus sets it up in their booth. It’s kind of cheesy though as you can’t really adjust the settings to your desired preferences.

I’m curious as to how the in-person events work. Is it just show up and wait in line? Anytime during their normal business hours? Can you adjust settings to your preferences?

I usually give the lap challenges a go at the IMSA events since Lexus sets it up in their booth. It’s kind of cheesy though as you can’t really adjust the settings to your desired preferences.
If it's like last year, you go to the participating dealership during their business hours and wait in line (if there's any).
I was able to adjust camera and driving assists when I tried it last year.

🤔 A good bit of those in person events I can drive to from my house. Laguna is only about 3 hours from me. 🤔

What kind of blipping monstrosity is this Porsche? I just spent a quick 1/2 and hour and all I did was hitting restart. I eventually gave up and just finish the lap after 2 spins and logged a 4 mins something lap 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Yep, it's pretty bad. I tried it on a controller using remote play. I did one lap. That was enough I could handle. I don't know how anyone can use controller with this. I'll try again when I can get to my wheel...

I gave in and turned on all the assist (except for TC). Even with that I still spin occasionally.

For once I'm inside the top 100....got to enjoy it while it last :P

1894217578c61-screenshotUrl.jpg

Kind of makes me wonder how in the hell I nailed the gold with this car in the wet(ish) @ Spa in the license challenge I think it was?

I managed a 3:47 flat so far. Not sure if I want to keep trying to improve on it just to see what I can manage. It said I did an optimal lap of :46.4

On a somewhat unrelated thing. How do you upload your replay to the leaderboard? I saved my best lap replay but it doesn't show up on the ranking board 🤔

Yes, I know what it is. That's why my comment is... that.

"Rennsport" is just the German word for "motorsport" and has been used by Porsche for decades. The fact there's a racing game called Rennsport (which isn't even out yet) isn't directly connected to Porsche's 65-year+ use of the term, or the two-decade old Rennsport Reunion event celebrating Porsche in North America.

The Porsche Esports Challenge USA is staged on Gran Turismo 7 and the final, at Rennsport Reunion 7, will also be staged on Gran Turismo 7 rather than, nonsensically, a different racing game with a coincidental name. Just like ACC ("competition racing setup") is used for GT racing events rather than the coincidentally named GT.

Yes, I know what it is. That's why my comment is... that.

"Rennsport" is just the German word for "motorsport" and has been used by Porsche for decades. The fact there's a racing game called Rennsport (which isn't even out yet) isn't directly connected to Porsche's 65-year+ use of the term, or the two-decade old Rennsport Reunion event celebrating Porsche in North America.

The Porsche Esports Challenge USA is staged on Gran Turismo 7 and the final, at Rennsport Reunion 7, will also be staged on Gran Turismo 7 rather than, nonsensically, a different racing game with a coincidental name. Just like ACC ("competition racing setup") is used for GT racing events rather than the coincidentally named GT.
I know YOU know what it is. I posted that info for those not familiar with the Rennsport Reunion.

I love LeMans, and driving this car in VR is special
Only at 47.00 for the moment
Can you imagine driving that car IRL, hit anything and you are seriously injured or deceased

50 miles in the 917 this morning… NO CLEAN LAPS logged 🤦‍♂️. Clearly misplaced any such talent or skill I thought I might possess 😂.
Same here yesterday. Those high speed kinks that I usually lift or trail braking into are just deadly with this car. Many times I was a good 1/2 a second ahead only to bin it at Indianapolis :banghead:

Current time is a 3:46.6 I think....want to get into the 45s.

Back