Possible glitch regarding my cars BHP in-game

• Thread starter YSF_EP3
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
UK
On Gran Turismo 4, my EP3 Type R was tuned to 364bhp. I had all the best possible parts fitted on it, fine tuned it etc. Then one day I downloaded another save file and re-modified the same car with the exact same parts, same tuning settings and this time my car was showing up as being 383bhp. Does anyone know why this could've been? I've attached screenshots to show what I mean.

Attachments

• 364BHP EP3 Type R - Gran Turismo 4.png
    364BHP EP3 Type R - Gran Turismo 4.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 5
  • EP3.jpeg
    EP3.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 5
Given the ridiculous bank balance there, it looks like a modded gamesave and at that point you can't rely on anything in comparison to a genuine original one.

Also, though not relevant, "exact same parts" but different wheels?

Oil change gives a 5% power boost to new cars, 364 * 1.05 = 382.2, which may be rounded up to 383 somehow. It's entirely possible that the original 364hp Civic never got an oil change.

Given the ridiculous bank balance there, it looks like a modded gamesave and at that point you can't rely on anything in comparison to a genuine original one.

Also, though not relevant, "exact same parts" but different wheels?
Oh yeah sorry forgot to point out, I put some Yokohama Advan AVS VS5 alloys on the 383bhp build 😂 and yeah the game save was modded as I got it off the internet, but all cars on the save file were bone stock, I modified the EP3's myself.

Oil changes and mileage both affect power in GT4, as well as any fitted parts.
Could've been the oil change as mileage on both EP3's were on 0 miles.

Last edited:
Back