Post 1.49/1.50 update - Cars with best / worst FFB feels ?

Germany
Germany
Hi.
The variety of opinions in how physics, and with it the cars & their FFB / Force feedback have changed, post 1.49/1.50, boggles the mind in how different they were/are perceived....

So I was wondering, what are the cars that stand out the most, post 1.49/1.50 update ? What is the best and the worst when it comes to communicating the new physics via wheel FFB ?

I'll start (from fanatec DD+ perspective):

Best:
Gr.4 category in general (Used to be the most boring for me, handling wise, but has improved a lot since the update imo)

The worst:
These seem to unanimously broken (and probably to be fixed some time soon):
MP4/4
Super Formula / Dallara SF19
Just weird:
Honda RA 272 '65 (barely noticable in FFB as many other open wheelers, but there's an odd wobble in the suspension as well)
De Tomaso - Mangusta (this might as well be my tune... but had me scratch my head a lot when taking it gir a spin)

Last edited:
Yeah, open wheelers seem to be universally lifeless now. My beloved MP4/4 is now a paperweight for the moment.

The Nismo 400R (R33 Skyline) now has tremendously heavy FFB. Like, tip my rig over heavy. Most other road cars I've driven seem to be good now though. Some are lighter after the update, but it seems like there may have been more attention paid to replicating their real world steering weight.

I also agree that GR4 seems to have benefitted a lot from 1.50. They're a lot more fun now and much more capable/lively on their tires. These and many road cars have really been woken up by the feelings of movement within the tire carcass.

I really hope PD comes around to fixing the issues while keeping the good stuff from the update. Looking forward to it, but not holding my breath!

Just a reminder that since 1.49/1.50, FFB must be set differently for each type of car in the controller menu.
For the high downforce/race cars, I'll go for 7 and for the classic road cars, 10.
I'm playing on a GT DD Pro 8Nm and I'm quite satisfied by these settings.

I tried the weekly race in the BAC Mono. The car feels terrible. Even with the wheel turned up to 10 I can't feel the road. It spins up the tires through the middle of 4th gear with traction control on. Huh? The braking is terrible. Turn in is numb and acceleration out of the turns is like driving on ice. This car used to be amazing. I remember using it for the 1-hour endurance at Trial Mountain and never needed any assists and the car stuck to the road like glue. It was amazing.

Tried Race C Qualifying yesterday and the GT3 AMG 16 felt great. Could feel all the details in the road. 20 felt ok. 911/Mazda Vision felt really bad and lifeless.

Some more mentions & observations for specific cars in here:

Also interesting, Praianos' take on the physics & car/ffb feel in 1.49 update:
Post in thread 'PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-14301031

Last edited:
Back