Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Hello Laurent.

I was reading again for the umpteenth time your advice about setting your gearbox correctly in Gt6, and I was wondering if you have any other similar advice in this thread regarding other aspects of tuning, like LSD (which I personally never managed to comprehend) or suspension in relevance with aerodynamics, etc?

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to question or copy your work, but for the life of me, I can not understand your methodology, or any other tuner's as a matter of fact.

Do your settings come from a technical knowledge of cars in general? Or are they based on a trial-error-fix procedure?

Are you microtuning based on "feel" or pure numbers (faster time = better set up)?

I have read several times this and that but I am trying to get a more "personal" view of this part of GT6 or "racing games" in general.

Hoping that I am not indiscreet, thank you in advance for your consideration and again for all your great work!!!

Hello Laurent.

I was reading again for the umpteenth time your advice about setting your gearbox correctly in Gt6, and I was wondering if you have any other similar advice in this thread regarding other aspects of tuning, like LSD (which I personally never managed to comprehend) or suspension in relevance with aerodynamics, etc?

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to question or copy your work, but for the life of me, I can not understand your methodology, or any other tuner's as a matter of fact.

Do your settings come from a technical knowledge of cars in general? Or are they based on a trial-error-fix procedure?

Are you microtuning based on "feel" or pure numbers (faster time = better set up)?

I have read several times this and that but I am trying to get a more "personal" view of this part of GT6 or "racing games" in general.

Hoping that I am not indiscreet, thank you in advance for your consideration and again for all your great work!!!
I don´t have any LSD advices like i have for the gearbox settings. I don´t do this because my english is too poor to explain clearly how i do the things and also because there are some very good threads about this. Like the Motor City Hami garage , where everything is perfectly explained. He have a section for LSD and tuning in general. Very good.
Check the first post Motor City Tunes GT6. He´s also a real life racer.
Personally i don´t know anything about racing or cars in the real life. I´m just a beach boy who love to play GT since 2000. My methodology is empirical.Only by feeling. I don´t have any procedure ,i´m not an organized person in real life, i just do the things , one by one at the beginning and several parameters together actually.
Fater time = better setup ?? Yes in a certain way. Generally i don´t do seasonal laptime attack extreme tunes, only a few.
All my cars are for online racing. Short fast online races but staying very safe to be able to be agressive and fast, this is where is the fun for me, finishing a race with a car that will forgive little mistakes. I´m not a very good driver , just a fast average player. I´m fast because my cars are safe and made for me by me. They fit also to most of the GTplayers and i think this is the reason of the success of my garage.
My philosophy, take a car , put my setting on it, go online and have fun with friend. Winning a race is more fun than loosing. :lol:

What do you mean,your not posting any more set ups?
I just say i´m involved as a tester in the FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle .
I have 13 cars to test 10 laps on 2 tracks. 13 x 10 x 2 = 260 laps to test all the cars.
This is why i need time now. After testing all those cars of course, i´ll tune and publish again some tunes including a S2000.

My philosophy, take a car , put my setting on it, go online and have fun with friend. Winning a race is more fun than loosing. :lol:

Thanks. Well, the problem is, that even with duplicates, there are some 1000 cars to deal with. So if an average quick tune takes about 15 minutes ( I am guessing, maybe more?) it would take you 15.000 minutes only for the setup, never mind creating the card and posting it in the forum and/or application.

Which translates to 250 hours, or 10 days and 10 hours of continuous testing and setting!!!

And guess what. Every time a friend asks for a tune I am always checking your thread, and there is the distinct and logical possibility of course, that you have not found the time to deal with a specific car. I know that there are other tuners in here, but ... to be honest their settings seem an feel a little too random and unexplainable, so I avoid them.

So thanks again, I have already subscribed to the thread you suggested and I am going to try to figure something out.

Mantenha o bom trabalho!!!

PS: And BTW I never mind loosing. As long as I have fun!

I don´t have any LSD advices like i have for the gearbox settings. I don´t do this because my english is too poor to explain clearly how i do the things and also because there are some very good threads about this. Like the Motor City Hami garage , where everything is perfectly explained. He have a section for LSD and tuning in general. Very good.
Check the first post Motor City Tunes GT6. He´s also a real life racer.
Personally i don´t know anything about racing or cars in the real life. I´m just a beach boy who love to play GT since 2000. My methodology is empirical.Only by feeling. I don´t have any procedure ,i´m not an organized person in real life, i just do the things , one by one at the beginning and several parameters together actually.
Fater time = better setup ?? Yes in a certain way. Generally i don´t do seasonal laptime attack extreme tunes, only a few.
All my cars are for online racing. Short fast online races but staying very safe to be able to be agressive and fast, this is where is the fun for me, finishing a race with a car that will forgive little mistakes. I´m not a very good driver , just a fast average player. I´m fast because my cars are safe and made for me by me. They fit also to most of the GTplayers and i think this is the reason of the success of my garage.

I just say i´m involved as a tester in the FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle .
I have 13 cars to test 10 laps on 2 tracks. 13 x 10 x 2 = 260 laps to test all the cars.
This is why i need time now. After testing all those cars of course, i´ll tune and publish again some tunes including a S2000.

Ok mr p63 I understand. That looks a bit too serious for me so I hope your having fun. As I've read a few of your posts you mentioned your English is not too good. We'll I'm English and it looks and sounds good to me. Minor grammar mistakes but a dam site better than my Brazilian.

SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 // 450PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Quick tune for seasonal, it´s 1:29.831 and 54th rank for the moment, still room to shave 0,200.

suzuki_gs-x_nyc_03_dv_02.jpg

Suzuki GSXR CS.jpg

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

Hi Mr P, firstly thanks for all the tunes, have the iPhone app which has saved me many times. I race in a weekly pp series with friends and find your tunes to be fast with light tire wear. your trueno is great at Suzuka East. I have two requests for cars I am struggling with that I would love you to look at should they interest you. Spyker laviolette 550pp and honda nsx lm race car 575pp. Keep up the good work.:gtpflag:

Hey Praiano, what adjustments would you recommend for me to use your McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Racing without a turbo and on racing hards instead of softs? It feels a bit understeery and a bit slow to respond as it is, so I've increased the rear spring rate and front toe, would you recommend anything else?

Hey Praiano, what adjustments would you recommend for me to use your McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Racing without a turbo and on racing hards instead of softs? It feels a bit understeery and a bit slow to respond as it is, so I've increased the rear spring rate and front toe, would you recommend anything else?
It´s difficult to tell like this, the simple thing you can do is raise the front and/or low the rear, camber of course 0.0/0.0, i didn´t change it on the tune sheet, only APP.
Must be enough, you can also low the rear downforce.

It´s difficult to tell like this, the simple thing you can do is raise the front and/or low the rear, camber of course 0.0/0.0, i didn´t change it on the tune sheet, only APP.
Must be enough, you can also low the rear downforce.

I've taken 20 off of the rear downforce and adjusted the toe angles a bit more and it seems that that was the missing ingredient, thanks for your help!

SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 // 450PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Quick tune for seasonal, it´s 1:29.831 and 54th rank for the moment, still room to shave 0,200.

suzuki_gs-x_nyc_03_dv_02.jpg

View attachment 169252
Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
ı can do 155 nm torque and 191 hp is it important ? or u look rpm and max power criter too.and ı changa oil but ı cant adjust gear First 4500 final gear after 112 mph after adjust final again but gear not possible sorry ı am poor on tune and English too))

ı can do 155 nm torque and 191 hp is it important ? or u look rpm and max power criter too.and ı changa oil but ı cant adjust gear First 4500 final gear after 112 mph after adjust final again but gear not possible sorry ı am poor on tune and English too))
It´s just a quick tune i´ve made early in the morning , i didn´t spent time with the parts for power gain, i´ve just drive and set the balance. If you can have 191hp then it´s better for sure. It´s a very fun car and track.

It´s just a quick tune i´ve made early in the morning , i didn´t spent time with the parts for power gain, i´ve just drive and set the balance. If you can have 191hp then it´s better for sure. It´s a very fun car and track.[/quote
ıt can be 183 hp but 148 nm torque ı prefer 191 hp 155 nm torque manifold,intake and engine 1 and limiter : 191-155 thx prof

Hey @praiano63, Do you think you can make a deltawing setup? No one on GTP has made a fast one.
I have a decent tune for it, it´s not competitive for PP racing but to race a ligue it can be ok. Just need to know the specs ... range of power to publish something.
I don´t know any for the moment.

I have a decent tune for it, it´s not competitive for PP racing but to race a ligue it can be ok. Just need to know the specs ... range of power to publish something.
319hp 500kg

319hp 500kg rs tires

This is for an endurance series.

hi prof ı like all ur tune but ı have limited cash
can u tell what is the domınant car
450-500-550-600-650
race and street
other my friends can halp me too:) (only praiano tunes)

hi prof ı like all ur tune but ı have limited cash
can u tell what is the domınant car
450-500-550-600-650
race and street
other my friends can halp me too:) (only praiano tunes)
Perhaps not only dominant but very good top road cars.
450pp SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01
500pp ACURA HSC `04 , LOTUS ELISE 111R '04 , FORD GT40 MARK I `66
550pp AUDI R8 4.2 FSI R TRONIC 07, LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH LP400 `74, LAMBORGHINI MIURA P400 BERTONE `67 , LOTUS ESPRIT SPORT 350 `00 , HONDA NSX R `02,BMW M3 CSL '03
600pp NISSAN GT-R SPEC-V `09, TOMMYKAIRA ZZII `00 ,ALFA ROMEO TZ3 STRADALE '11
650 pp race car, i don´t have so much road... GILLET VERTIGO RACE CAR `04

@ mr. Praiano: could you please make a tune for the alfa 155 dtm? I have a good one, but i would like your's, and it is such a blast to drive...

grts from holland!

thx very much do u have idea about 600 pp race car for nurb?
i tested and documented for myself more than 150 tunes from mr. praiano, most of them @ deep forrest, one of the fastest affordable race cars and also VERY nice to drive is the honda hsv (gt500) HONDA RAYBRIG HSV 0-10 '12 Suzuka also very fast but less easy to drive is the bmw gt3 race car BMW Z4 GT3 '11 // 600PP // RACING TIRES .
Also this one MAZDA RX7 TC
@ mr. Praiano: could you please make a tune for the alfa 155 dtm? I have a good one, but i would like your's, and it is such a blast to drive...

grts from holland!
I´l check when time ,..... pizzas for world cup tourist ..

Hey Praiano. The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP tune that I am using is doing great. Thanks again for letting me use your tune as a base. But I have to ask a question. I am tuning the Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo (quite a long name!!!!) and it has 8 gears, and the Gearbox Spreadsheet can go up to only 7. Is there anyway you could help me?

Back