Project Cars 2 Sony Headset Gold 2.0 Sound problem.

• Thread starter MroczMR
  • 3 comments
Poland
Gdynia
MroczMR
Does anyone have this problem?

While playing Project Cars 2 and using my wireless Headset (Sony Headset Gold 2.0) i have sporadic sound cut offs. While a lot of is happening on screen or sometimes on Time trials etc. I have set Headphone mix on and off and problem is coming back. Sometimes sound works fine all race, and some times i have regular drop in and out of sound. It is pretty annoying. Also playing on normal wired headset everything works great, but i can use mic there to chat etc. Does anyone have the solution for this?

In other games i don't have any issues with this Headset. Only in PC2 and PC1. But every other from FPS shooters, to other driving games everything works perfect.

It might sound like a silly question but do you use a wheel or a controller?

What I mean is that if there are a lot of USB devices plugged in at the same time and they don't get all the juice they need, they may cut off at times.

I have the same headset and find the stereo mix way better than the pseudo 7.1. That's far too tinny. One strange thing I noticed is that when changing between sound modes the game audio starts nice and loud then after a couple of seconds noticeably quietens. Almost compresses. Also if you enable the headphone mix in the audio options it seems even worse to me.
They don't cut out though, but certainly something seems a bit odd. Also the menu music sounds quite low quality and slightly distorted at all times.

It might sound like a silly question but do you use a wheel or a controller?

What I mean is that if there are a lot of USB devices plugged in at the same time and they don't get all the juice they need, they may cut off at times.

On a wheel... Well that is pretty nice thought. Other games I play on controller and i don't have problems with sound there.

But i also played Driveclub on wheel and i didn't have this problem but it can be less stressing for this headset.

Back