Ps3 problems !!

Germany
Germany
Srweber88
Srweber88
So today when I started up my ps3 and put a new game in it played for like 2min before it shut off compleatly no red light nothing . When I started it up again it turned on for about 30-40 seconds then it shuts down with nothing showing on the TV. The first time I turned it back on it showed that it was turned off wrong . Then before I could react it turned back off I've been battling back and forth the most avail I get is the HDmi message before it shuts back off.... i was in the prosseces of taking it apart before I realised that I don't
have the right torx bit for the torx screws before I mess anything up does anybody have a solution or similar problem?? Or better yet a solution thank you? I have a ps4 super slim and I also tried the power plug from my ps4

I don't know of a quick fix but I would suggest you get the correct screwdriver from eBay. Sorry I don't remember offhand the exact size, T4 or T6? Google it, and they cost pennies. Also get a can or two of compressed air (sometimes called an air duster). Open the PS3 up and give the insides a thorough blast of air, as you'd be surprised how much fluff can build up inside, causing minor shorts or overheating issues. Give the PS3 a little time to dry out after doing so as the water in the air briefly condenses on the parts. If it still doesn't work, it could be that the thermal paste has gone, which is a trickier fix but do-able, again there are kits on ebay and many videos on youtube.

Also whilst you have it open check the internal PSU (where the power lead plugs in) to see if it is wobbling causing a bad connection, as it sounds like it might be an issue with the power cutting out completely.

Obviously take the usual precautions when opening her up, eg. touch something like the metal heat sink with a screwdriver to effectively ground it.

Good luck :)

Back