PS4 with G25: MaxRace F1 v5 or Titan One

• Thread starter BKViper
  • 15 comments
bkviper
I am looking to finally pick up a PS4 and I want to use my G25 wheel.
From my research, it looks like the two best options are either the MaxRace F1 v5 or the Titan One.
I wanted to ask for some opinions one which you feel is the better option?
Or if you feel there is a better solution (besides buying a new wheel).
Any concerns or heads up I should be aware of would also be appreciated.
Thanks all.

I am looking to finally pick up a PS4 and I want to use my G25 wheel.
From my research, it looks like the two best options are either the MaxRace F1 v5 or the Titan One.
I wanted to ask for some opinions one which you feel is the better option?
Or if you feel there is a better solution (besides buying a new wheel).
Any concerns or heads up I should be aware of would also be appreciated.
Thanks all.

Save up for a Trustmaster T300 wheel. I wouldn't trust that type of products. Sell the G25 to a PC/ps3 user and get a new wheel.

Just got this in my inbox from Ricmotech....they say the force feedback works:

Use Your Logitech Wheel on PS4 and xBox One!
We recently discovered these neat adapters that let you use your existing Logitech wheel on the PS4 or your xBox One. This adapter is powered directly off the controller port and lets you plug in the Logitech wheel into it and then plug it into your console. All functions work including the force feedback. This little gadget is a real problem solver for those that already have a Logitech wheel. It works with the Logitech G25, G27, Driving Force GT and the Momo Wheel. There is even a version to make your wheel work on the xBox 360.

they say the force feedback works:

I'd be interested to know if that's actual force feedback, a generic thing that just makes the wheel want to center itself or if it's just sending controller vibration signals to the wheel (which feels awful, is loud and feels like something will break). All three of these could easily be marketed as 'force feedback'.

The only solution I would put any faith in is a new wheel.

I'd be interested to know if that's actual force feedback, a generic thing that just makes the wheel want to center itself or if it's just sending controller vibration signals to the wheel (which feels awful, is loud and feels like something will break). All three of these could easily be marketed as 'force feedback'.

The only solution I would put any faith in is a new wheel.

You're probably right. I just wouldn't expect Ricmotech to come out and say it has force feedback when it's only rumble. I have a T300 anyway...

I personally tested the MaxRace V5 on a PS4 with Drive Club. The force feedback is more than just rumble and centering, however I have not compared it with a T300 wheel to determine how similarly it reacts. The wheel only had 180 degrees of rotation, but again I have not compared that to a T300. I do not recommend this as an alternative to the proper wheel for the console, but it is a good choice if you just want to use the wheel you have on another console. With the adapter, you don't have to switch out the wheel to play on a different console, just plug in the adapter.

Hey all. We at PS Nation "took one for the team" and grabbed an M4 Converter to test for everyone else. Here's the video of my initial tests today.

Thanks for the review.

Hey all. We at PS Nation "took one for the team" and grabbed an M4 Converter to test for everyone else. Here's the video of my initial tests today.

I recently got a DFGT from one of my friends as a birthday gift and have a ps4 (plus a PC), with which I can't use this wheel.

After doing approx 2 hours of research I managed to find your video and also all the alternatives to this unsupported wheels.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see these things on the market now:

Titan One - needs a PC and FFB is under development
M4 - needs a wired USB joystick (+ questionable FFB)
MaxRace F1 V5 - questionable chinese thingie, afaik noone posted a trusty video, too high price + probably M4 knock-off
CronusMax - as far as I understand from forums, this was the previous version of titan one (needs joypad + pc)

So the best thing for me to play Pcars on the PS4 would be to get a TitanOne which will probably include FFB later on?

Can you confirm or deny this please? I really would like to go and buy this game as playing on the PC is kinda not my thing (config-wise it's cheaper to buy this than to upgrade my PC to play).

So the best thing for me to play Pcars on the PS4 would be to get a TitanOne which will probably include FFB later on?

Following your line of thinking - that might be the second best thing to do. Best would be cutting off your arm with a spoon.

Alternately - sell the DFGT (or return it if you feel comfortable broaching the subject with your friend) and buy a T100 or better.

Sure, ffb might come to the Titan One at a later date, but your death bed will not maketh the best cockpit.

Following your line of thinking - that might be the second best thing to do. Best would be cutting off your arm with a spoon.

Alternately - sell the DFGT (or return it if you feel comfortable broaching the subject with your friend) and buy a T100 or better.

Sure, ffb might come to the Titan One at a later date, but your death bed will not maketh the best cockpit.

Such wisdom, very comment.

Mate, if I'd be interested in buying ANOTHER wheel, I wouldn't mind bothering writing here.

Back