Purchased Bass shaker and AMP. Advice?!?!

• Thread starter jranaudo
  • 1 comments
United States
United States
I just purchases a Dayton Audio BSA-100w amp and two AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers.

This amp is 75w RMS @ 8 ohms or 100w RMS @ 4 ohms.

1. How should I wire the bass shaker if I am only using one? Is it possible?

2. I am using this purely for immersion effects. What should I set the following to?
    1. Phase?

2. Gain?

3. Frequency?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

** Only thinking of hooking up one bass shaker temporarily.

So it looks to me like you would:

Connect to the wire hanging out of the back of the amp (NOT the 'output' sockets on the front panel). Cut the spade terminals off, strip the wire back and screw down the shaker terminals onto them.

After doing a quick test, you might well want that cable to be longer (or to wire up both shakers) and for that I'd recommend fitting some banana sockets to those wires (e.g. these, preferably better quality ones if you can find them). Then make a cable to suit your installation.

Phase - doesn't matter from a shaking point-of-view, start with it on normal 'nor'. Try 'rev' to see if it sounds better.
Gain - treat as volume control for the shakers, start low.
Frequency - depends on the shakers, and may well be different once they are mounted, Start mid (about 90Hz) and maybe go up to 120Hz. There comes a point where you just get more noise and no real extra shake.

If/when you get to using both shakers, you will need to wire them in series, not in parallel.

Back