Question about inline volume control on ps3

oohhh8yeah
Hi guys,

I just got my RCA headphone setup working :)

Audio output set to RCA, goes from ps3, to red/white female to female adapter, then to a red/white female to single 3.5mm and then that goes into my samsung galaxy headphones (the ones that come with the galaxy phone) :)

Only problem is, the inline volume control for voice talking doesn't work? The increase and decrease buttons do nothing at all.

I adjusted ingame volume to minimum but it is still a tad too loud, so I have put the headphones slightly off my ear at the moment.

1) Howcome the inline volume control on the headphones don't work?

2) Are these one of the things that work or not...or are they something to invest in? Are there sound quality/performance differences; should I get a name brand like the Koss or any will do fine? One like this (not name brand) http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EARPHONE-HEADPHONE-IN-LINE-VOLUME-CONTROL-CABLE-3-5mm-STEREO-JACK-AUDIO-ADAPTOR-/251456239515?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a8bf5b79b&_uhb=1

3) Will this one in particlar work? Because the inline volume controls is the exact same look as the samsung galaxy headphones. I am wondering since the galaxy headphones don't work....if there is some sort of differentiation between inline volume controls and what works or not on ps3?http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/...rol-3-5mm-4-conductor-plug-to/1699870050.html

They don't (and won't) work because the RCA output from the PS3 has no volume control nor any provision for a control data line. When used with compatible hardware, the remote would send a signal to tell the device to alter the playback volume; the remote has no volume control hardware in it at all, just some switches and I guess a resistive element to produce a different voltage for each button being pressed.

What you need is an inline dual gang logarithmic potentiometer to be able to attenuate the analogue signal. You could easily make it yourself if you can solder but if you don't have the tools it's probably cheaper to buy one like this:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008EWP07E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395158364&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Latest Posts

Back