Question about steering physics on a DD wheel

United States
Olathe Kansas
I have a question about the steering physics. With a road car and sport tires I can always tell in corner if I am rotating the wheel too far because the force feedback will either gradually or suddenly get lighter indicating a loss of grip. But with a race car and racing tires this often does not seem to work the same way. Sometimes in a corner no matter how far I turn the wheel the force feedback pretty much stays the same after it initially gets heavy (it never gets lighter). I assume this is because of the high downforce. The only thing that changes as I turn the wheel more is the vibrations and tire squeal become more intense. So somewhere between no tire squeal/vibrations and very heavy tire squeal/vibrations there must be an optimal turning angle for the wheel given the current conditions. But if the force feedback stays heavy I’m not sure how to judge where that point is.

For reference I’m on a Logitech G Pro. Does anyone have any insight on this? Is it just something indescribable that you get a feel for over time?

Last edited:
Back