R&D question?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Andy-LK
  • 13 comments
Andy-LK
I have only just started playing this game and I'm loving it but I have one question

how do I find my R&D`s?

It said I had to do a certain lap time in order to get a throttle mapping , well I beat the lap time, but can not find the throttle mapping ? ivr looked and the cars setup R&D screen and there is nothing there , i did not get the norm " youve beating the time wedone you have won x" like on most games

so did i win it or not? and if so where is it?

Also I was doing a practice session and doing well , but I had to go out half way through so I quit but to lobby and lost the remaining 1/2 of my practice why? it put me straight to qualifier on my return why? when I still had 36 mins left of practice?

In answer to your first question, after you have completed an R&D lap successfully, the upgrade won't be on the car until the next race weekend I think.

In relation to your 2nd question, once you leave the garage to return to the paddock, you either terminate the session and the next session will be qualifying, or you can quit and not save, which will gove you the oppurtunity to re-do practice.

In answer to your first question, after you have completed an R&D lap successfully, the upgrade won't be on the car until the next race weekend I think.

In relation to your 2nd question, once you leave the garage to return to the paddock, you either terminate the session and the next session will be qualifying, or you can quit and not save, which will gove you the oppurtunity to re-do practice.

Cheers for the reply 👍 gutted I lost my practice time I was doing well plus I need my practice time lol

so will I be able to access the upgrade at the following Race weekend and be able to find out what it does and play with it set it up etc ?

I think the upgrades take effect from qualifying onwards of the same weekend, if you've successfully completed the R&D laps in all free practice sessions.

I think the upgrades take effect from qualifying onwards of the same weekend, if you've successfully completed the R&D laps in all free practice sessions.

Yeah I did, but how do you access them /set them up ?

I can now see it on my R&D screen but when I click it nothing happens?

Yeah I did, but how do you access them /set them up ?

I can now see it on my R&D screen but when I click it nothing happens?

Yeah, I don't really understand the actual R&D screens, or how to change the development path. But if you mean just throttle maps, they can be changed from the engine settings menu in the car set-up. Or by pressing the up button on your d-pad while on track. Every other type of upgrade is just automatically applied to your car without you having to do anything, and you can't switch it back to its original configuration.

Yeah, I don't really understand the actual R&D screens, or how to change the development path. But if you mean just throttle maps, they can be changed from the engine settings menu in the car set-up. Or by pressing the up button on your d-pad while on track. Every other type of upgrade is just automatically applied to your car without you having to do anything, and you can't switch it back to its original configuration.

Thanks 👍

Do you actually win anything in this game? it says I'm on X amount per year so where is the money and what can you do with it?

sorry for all the questions but I just don't get it at the moment, liking the game but cant really see what you win or get out of it so far other than moving up or down the table.

You get the upgrades as soon as you unlock them. At least this is what happened with my last upgrade. Make sure you "accept" the challenge. I didn't do that the first race and was rather confused.

Check out the R&D challenge, scroll to the bottom and "accept". You'll be sent off into the track to do a drive-out lap, then you'll have a few laps to do the target time. Your engineer will say "nice work on the target time" or something, and the time will show up in green in the top right of the HUD.

Getting the target time in regular practice laps won't do anything.

Another mistake I made was skipping ahead to qualifying after I completed the objective. You actually have to finish the entire practice sessions or fast forward the time through them after you complete theobjective. It took me a couple times to figure that out.

^^ Now I know why I never get the damn throttle map... Very useful aswell...

Another mistake I made was skipping ahead to qualifying after I completed the objective. You actually have to finish the entire practice sessions or fast forward the time through them after you complete theobjective. It took me a couple times to figure that out.

Now it all makes sense! I was wondering why my lazy engineers kept asking me to do R&D laps for the same thing instead of just uploading the damn throttle map to my car.

Thanks for that 👍

You don't need to finish the practice session to finish the challenge, you simply need to achieve the goal in all practice sessions. If you're running "Long Race weekend", you have complete the R&D goal in all 3 practice sessions.
I've always just done the R&D challenge and then skipped to qualifying, I've never had to complete the practice session either normally or with fast forward.

And to answer Andy's last question - no you can't buy anything or actually earn money. The salary figure is just a cosmetic feature.

what is R&D challenge..? is it something other than the normal objective asked to do for the qualification and race ? n yes then where n how can we get/see it..? where is it located ?
thanking you in advance..!

Back