RCKakashi14's GT7 Racing Stories: Chevalier Act 7 - The Rookies

Act 10 - Jacques and Alfonso (Part II)

Music: Initial D 4th Stage Sound Files - Unrest

Grand Valley - Highway 1_.jpeg

Giacomo's plan is executed as planned. Even De Luca got surprised the plan went well.

He then reminisces the exchange they had yesterday.

Giacomo: "Mr. De Luca, I plan to help Alphonse get points. Both of us are in 4th, and I know how we can rank up."

De Luca: "Okay... I will hear you out. But why do you intend to help him?"

Grand Valley - Highway 1__1.jpeg

Giacomo: "I want to make sure that Alphonse fulfills his promise. He and I must clash in the highest levels of motorsport. But don't worry, I also came up with a plan to WIN this round."

De Luca: "Hmmmm... okay. So how are you going to do it?"

Grand Valley - Highway 1__2.jpeg

Giacomo: "I will let Alphonse take the lead. I can use his speed. He is very good at getting away. I'll catch him. I have to distract Magnussen so that he can slow down enough for both of us to get away."

De Luca: "So both of you will be on a tow? Huh... reminds me of a certain strategy performed by two drivers in Singapore Grand Prix."

Giacomo: "It does look like that. But at the same time, I'm conserving tires and fuel."

De Luca: "The fuel is nothing to worry about, thanks to California's strict clean air act policies. The races here are shorter than the rest of the country."

Giacomo: "I'll pit in on the second half of the race, change to Softs. Make the charge, then... challenge Alphonse. He will then be behind me, and will try to do the same - to catch me as well."

De Luca: "So that both of you are far enough... but with Alphonse's tires wearing out. Clever."

Giacomo: "Distracting Magnussen will be the crucial part, for my plan to succeed. Rivals do not need to be hostile. True rivals uplift each other, pushing each other to the limits. And that's how I will help Alphonse."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__3.jpeg

De Luca: "I admire your personality. You think about others first before yourself. Racers nowadays only care about climbing up the ladder but they completely left their humility way down there. Okay. I will come up with a strategy."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__4.jpeg

Back in the action, Giacomo smirks knowing his plan pulled off. But of course, things can change in an instant. For one, Alphonse's pace has gotten stronger.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__5.jpeg

"I do intend to make Alfonso go faster, so that he can wear his tires out. But I also have to make sure he finishes 2nd."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__6.jpeg

"Hey, hey... let up, will ya? I'll treat you to a Provençal cuisine once the championship is over."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__7.jpeg

Music: Plasticines - Comment Faire

Alphonse is not aware of Giacomo's plan, so he just races as he should.

"I do not know what you did, Jacques, but thank you for me bringing me to the lead. I'll make sure you won't regret it." Alphonse thought.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__8.jpeg

"And by that, I mean I will go all out... that's how I appreciate rivals."
Alphonse added.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__9.jpeg

Giacomo doesn't seem to mind at all.

"Heh... as long as both of us are pushing each other to our limits, that's what matters the most. You inspired me during the World Touring Car Championship. And I am grateful for such privilege."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__10.jpeg

"So yes, keep on pushing! And so do I."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__11.jpeg

"Mr. De Luca, what's the gap between me and 3rd?" Giacomo asked.

"I'm checking... so... you are now 7 seconds away from Magnussen." De Luca replied.

"Perfect. Thank you." Giacomo responded.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__12.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__13.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__14.jpeg

The tow makes for a happy crowd. They cheer on for both.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__15.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__16.jpeg

"Thanks to you, Alfonso... I found my new motivation. You woke me up."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__17.jpeg

Now that it's halfway of the race, Giacomo now moves on to the next phase.

"Okay Giac, time to box." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__18.jpeg

Giacomo enters the pits as planned, which bewilders Alphonse.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__19.jpeg

"He boxed in?" Alphonse asked himself.

Since refueling is out of the question, the tire crew rapidly switches the tires thanks to center lock wheels.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__20.jpeg

He exits the pits on 9th place. With softer tire compounds, he has the grip advantage.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__21.jpeg

Giacomo quickly gains ground.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__22.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__23.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__24.jpeg

"The others are struggling for grip now. Good."

He rejoins Alphonse, and it's once again time to play.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__25.jpeg

"Ciao, Alfonso!" Giacomo exclaimed on a happy note.

"Okay, enough friendly banter. Let's focus." De Luca said.

Music: Tekken 8 - Celebration on The Seine (Final Round)

Grand Valley - Highway 1__26.jpeg

De Luca notices Magnussen's sudden increase in speed.

"Giac, Magnussen is closing in." De Luca said.

"No problem." Giacomo replied.

And to take care of the problem, Giacomo once again slams on the anchors upon seeing Magnussen coming up from behind.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__27.jpeg

"Only I am allowed to defeat Alfonso. Permission denied."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__28.jpeg

This grants breathing room for Alphonse.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__29.jpeg

But with a fresh set of Soft tires, Giacomo resumes his charge.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__30.jpeg

"I'll go for a record run on this one." Giacomo said.

"Okay, go ahead." De Luca replied.

End of Act 10

Act 11 - Push For Points

It's the tail end of Round 3. Giacomo's plan seems to be perfectly executed.

"The soft compounds truly helped me here. Though I mustn't go all out... yet."

"But I have to set the fastest lap too. Argh! I have to balance it out."

De Luca then instructs on the radio.

"I know you're aiming for the fastest lap, but remember, you are on Softs." De Luca said.

"Got it. I'll probably hold on for now, but we only have a few laps left." Giacomo replied.

Giacomo has to act. Chances of getting the lead are getting slim, as Alphonse is on full attack mode.

But the trailing opponents are starting to gain ground as well.

"Alfonso is now at his one hundred percent."

Music: Mega NRG Man - Legs on Fire

Alphonse now feels tension once more.

"It's WTCC once again. He's fired up." Alphonse thought.

Magnussen is lured in as well.

It's as if the two are in their own world...

Gaining on each other, paddle shifters being constantly abused... accelerator and brake pedals getting constant beatings.

"I don't mind if we run like this forever. Ha! You're the only worthy opponent I have!" Giacomo thought, with adrenaline pouring in nonstop.

"K-Mag is joining you." De Luca said.

Giacomo looks at the rear view mirror, seeing the white HAAS livery F8 inching towards the pair.

"Oh no he won't. He's not invited to my party." Giacomo replied.

Giacomo teases Magnussen by applying the brakes once more, then accelerate away at the tricky section.

"Sorry, K-Mag... you can't ruin this moment." Giacomo thought.

And to gain ground, Giacomo now puts the pedal to the medal, intending to use all the grip the Soft compounds have to offer.

And joins the tow once more... for the final push.

After exiting the hairpin, Giacomo's F8 lines up beside Alphonse's. The Italian racer would then look to his right, looking at his French rival. Alphonse would look to his left, and reciprocates.

He shows a thumbs up, then floors the throttle after that brief gesture.

"Final lap. Sorry, our playtime is over. I'm gunning for the record run."

Alphonse can do nothing but watch Giacomo fleeting away. His tires are about to give in.

"He's much faster. I bet he's using the full extent of his tires. Is he on Softs?" Alphonse wondered.

Giacomo takes the same racing line he used in yesterday's qualifying.

But with Soft tires, he can carry better cornering speeds for sure.

Giacomo would end the race with the fastest lap - at 1 minute, and 43 seconds.

"Grande! Excellent performance, Giac! We pulled this off!" De Luca said.

"Yeah. Grazie ragazzi." Giacomo replied.

Alphonse finishes 2nd, and he's jovial as well, having racked up huge points after that disappointing 2nd round.

"Merci beaucoup, Giacomo Marelli." Alphonse thought, having realized how his rival pushed him to this result.

Current Standings:

Magnussen (HAAS Ferrari) - 41

Marelli (Ferrari) - 41

Blanchard (BWT) - 39

Guidicelli (Ferrari) - 38

Vasquez (Red Bull Racing) - 34

Hamilton (Scuderia Ferrari) - 21

Tan (Privateer - GRAB) - 20

Garett (Privateer) - 20

Pianizzi (MAHLE Racing) - 18

Tsukamoto (Privateer - Racing Service Dino) - 18

Minagawa (Privateer - CORNES) - 15

Carillo (Sbinalla Tire) - 4

End of Act 11

Last edited:
Act 12 - Pride Goeth Before Destruction

Time:
12 pm, two days later

The 4th round shall take place back in Europe, specifically at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium. Giacomo takes this opportunity now that he's back in the continent.

He arranges a meeting with none other than Enzo Pianizzi in Emilia Romagna, Italy. Will it be a mere lunch meeting?

Via Emilia_.jpeg

Once he arrives, he sees Enzo sitting at one of the tables outside a local favorite restaurant. He can't bear the tourist crowd inside, so he chose to settle in Al Fresco style.

Giacomo joins Enzo, placing down the leather attache case on the table.

"Wow... will this be a long meeting?" Enzo asked.

"I'd prefer talking in the car, but since you still haven't finished your pasta, I'll wait." Giacomo replied.

"I have another order waiting, and it's actually for sharing. Fancy a truffle aglio olio?" Enzo asked.

"I'll get half, if you don't mind. I love a good aglio olio." Giacomo said with a smirk.

"Hey... no joke... don't be too hostile. You can let your guard down. I'm different." Enzo said.

"I just deal with people differently, that's all." Giacomo replied.

"I can even take you to my mother if you want. She'll tell you everything. She even wants to see you. Have a recorder ready." Enzo said.

Giacomo smirks once more.

"Are you sure you want to sell your father out? Let's be real." Giacomo asked.

"After what he did to my mother... and to your father, I feel that I can't just let this sit by. Plus, I don't want to earn something from dirty means. Everything I have right now, came from money that isn't ours. So yes, I will sell him out if it means setting everything right for everyone's peace, including yours. I want to close this dark chapter of our lives. No... LET'S close that." Enzo replied.

"Bold reply. But that doesn't mean we're friends." Giacomo said.

"We don't have to be. We just have to work together, that is all." Enzo said.

"Hmph.. As we speak, Unicorn Media is collating all the evidence gathered against your father. A podcast will be out soon. And I'm pretty sure, that he'll run away." Giacomo said.

"Then I will stop him, no matter what." Enzo replied.

The waiter arrives with a family size truffle aglio olio and places it down on the table. Giacomo gets the utensils, and helps himself with the pasta.

After consuming some, he smirks.

"I'm hungry. And you know what I mean." Giacomo said.

After that brief lunch, the two men head back inside Giacomo's Giulia. Giacomo opens up the attache case, releasing all the papers for Enzo to see.

"There. Screenshot conversations on how he set up my father... and Formaggio di Pianizzi's financial reports showing how much your father siphoned from your own family company. Unicorn Media has copies of these as well. A well-known Japanese racer even took his own life out of guilt for associating himself with him, hence those group chat screenshots." Giacomo explained.

Enzo shakes his head in disbelief.

"This is too much. But... these are all I need. It's hard to take in, but thanks." Enzo replied, then proceeds to return the papers in the case.

Giacomo starts up the car, and departs.

"Okay, let us visit my mother. You deserve to know why my father did those." Enzo said.

He then opens up the Giulia's navigation system on the screen, then inputs the address where his mother lives. Directions are then plotted out.

"I know apologies aren't enough, but let's hope that we finally put this behind us." Enzo added.

Via dei Neri_.jpeg

After almost an hour of traveling, they arrived at a home in the outskirts of Emilia Romagna.

He parks at an alleyway wide enough for a car and pedestrians. Then the men head out, and Enzo rings the doorbell at an apartment unit adjacent to the car.

Dorsoduro_.jpeg

The door opens, revealing a middle-aged lady with a moderate height, slightly shorter than Enzo. It's his mother, named Glorietta.

She strokes her maple colored hair. And then she hugs her son.

"Enzo!" she greets.

"Mamà. Oh... Uh... Benito's son is here. Here's Giacomo Marelli." Enzo replied.

The woman crosses her arms, takes a look at Giacomo. She smirks.

"So you are Benito's son. Oh you don't look anywhere near my children. Come in." Glorietta remarked.

The three settle in. The interior is simple, but well-kept. There are photos of some Italian celebrities on the wall, and of course some advertisements of Pianizzi's conglomerate.

"I finally got to see Benito's son in the flesh. And finally...

...teach my husband a lesson." Glorietta said.

The three sit down in the living room, with Enzo taking the attache case, presenting its contents to his mother.

"No need to present me with all of those. The man reeks the stench of defeat, desperation, and depression. You can smell it even a million kilometers away. That's how guilty he is." Glorietta said.

"Unicorn Media is doing an exposé about Papà." Enzo said.

"You are living here all by yourself, madam?" Giacomo asked.

"Ever since your father got disgraced a decade ago, yes." Glorietta replied.

"But we all know, you left Papà because you can't stand him." Enzo said.

"I can't stand him thinking nothing but himself. To think he left both of you to the care of some random stranger in a supermarket while I'm getting medicine from a pharmacy when you were kids. For what? Because his eyes were wandering? He can't even bother to zip up his pants." Glorietta said.

"If uncle Francisco makes a move, and won the case... Papà will be in prison." Enzo said.

"Then I don't mind. Our family is broken the moment your father set your eyes into the family company he clearly didn't deserve. He was too focused on fighting for the throne. The paid actress was just the icing on the cake. But I must apologize to Giacomo, for getting involved into this. Send my regards to your father. I'm even jealous your mother chose to stick with him." Glorietta said.

"Because she knows the truth, and it only made her bond with my father stronger. She stands by him until this day. We are fighting to exonerate my father, and I won't stop." Giacomo replied.

"Good. Molto bene. I wish I have the same fighting spirit as yours." Glorietta said.

"I believe you still have a chance to fix your family... even if your husband goes behind bars. It's not too late." Giacomo said.

Glorietta smiles.

"I like you already. You don't wish ill toward others, even to those who wronged you. There should be more people like you." Glorietta said.

Suddenly, Giacomo's phone rings. It's a notification from Spotify. He checks it out, and Mila's Unicorn Podcast has been released, the episode is all about Guillermo Pianizzi's schemes coming to light.

"It's out." Giacomo said.

"What's out?" Glorietta asked.

"The Unicorn Media's podcast about your husband's schemes. Please take a listen..." Giacomo said.

"Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to our listeners. Welcome again to our Unicorn Podcast brought to you by Unicorn Media. I am your host, Mila Janson, and for our first-time listeners, this podcast is all about various issues being brought out to light not covered by mainstream media.

Today's issue is all about cheese.

No, seriously, it's about cheese. To be specific, an Italian cheese conglomerate running for more than 200 years and counting, being run by just one family.

It's the Formaggio di Pianizzi. You can see them anywhere, from your mom-and-pop store to those giant supermarket chains in Europe. They even export these to Middle East and Central Asia with further expansions being eyed.

But we're not talking about cheese tasting and how each one has their own distinct taste. We're talking a figurative cheese. One pulled by a man driven by power.

With me today, is none other than the CEO and owner of the Formaggio di Pianizzi, Mr. Francisco Pianizzi.
"

"Thank you, young lady. And thank you for allowing me this privilege to air out this... dirty laundry my family has. It even involves a scandal. A Formula One scandal. It's time for everyone to know.

Where to begin? Ah yes... well, for one let's not delve into the full, 200-year history of the company, but let's just get into the meat of the topic - my brother." Francisco said.

"Your brother? Guillermo Pianizzi?" Mila asked.

"Correct. He's a driven man. Honestly, I was the brother who would be favored over him. And you know where this is going." Francisco said.

"It all led to this." Mila replied.

"Believe me, when he said he will do everything in his power to usurp my seat, he means EVERYTHING. Embezzlement was just the tip of the iceberg." Francisco said.

However, just as the podcast continues on playing, Enzo's phone rings. It's his brother Antonio on the other end.

"Hello?" Enzo said.

"Papà just vanished. Like, I was doing some shopping and when I returned, he's gone. This is your fault." Antonio said.

"Wait, he just left? And he didn't leave any note? What about the housekeeper? Did she tell everything?" Enzo asked.

"No. She did her usual grocery run and was the first to report. Didn't you even think that this will happen? You are breaking our family apart!" Antonio exclaimed.

"Our family is already broken to begin with. WAKE UP. Remember that time we were left alone in the grocery when Papà was just supposed to watch over us while Mamà was getting medicine? Of course you weren't aware, we were just too young until it hit me." Enzo replied.

"You are getting too close with that Marelli guy!" Antonio exclaimed.

"There are both sides in a story, Antonio! It was too late until I realized what our father was truly up to." Enzo said.

"Whatever. You created this mess. I can't believe this." Antonio replied, and then the call cuts off.

"What happened?" Giacomo asked.

"Papà is missing. I must go." Enzo replied as he stands up.

"Pride comes before the fall, they say." Glorietta said.

"I'll now put up a word on the authorities. I hope he doesn't.... you know." Enzo said.

"Don't think of that." Giacomo said.

"Focus on your race, Marelli. I can't involve you further into this." Enzo replied.

********************************************************************************************************​

Time: 1 pm, five days later.

The week went by, but Giacomo has a hint of anxiety now that Guillermo Pianizzi is at large.

However, he has a race to win.

The anxiety itself caused Giacomo to fumble a bit in yesterday's qualifying. He shall start in 4th. The rain would add up to his list of problems, though it's not as severe as in the 2nd round.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_.jpeg

De Luca would chime in.

"Giac, just... focus. Let the others do the rest. Guillermo Pianizzi will be found." De Luca said.

"Copy. And thanks." Giacomo replied.

"Let's just work together on this one, and we will win. We got this." De Luca said.

The countdown starts.

And it's lights out and away they go. The cars' launch control systems ensure that they get off safely even under wet conditions.

Music: Michael Da Brain - Brain 21 Something For Your Mind

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1.jpeg

Giacomo manages to slip by Vasquez at the first turn, and Pietro is able to do the same.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__2.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__3.jpeg

The fog also spices up the predicament the racers are in. But it's a well-known trait that Spa has, which racing fans and locals alike happily accept.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__4.jpeg

Giacomo then slips past by Hamilton's understeering F8.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__5.jpeg

And once again, he has to deal with his rival taking the lead.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__6.jpeg

Keeping over 700 horsepower under control is no easy feat especially on slippery surfaces.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__7.jpeg

Save for Formula machines, modern racing cars have traction control systems fitted to suit clienteles of all racing skills. The F8 Challenge is no different, but Giacomo has elected to turn it off every after launching from start.

"To get maximum speed out of corner exits, traction control must be deactivated. Papà once told me that no computer can match the throttle control skill of an F1 driver."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__8.jpeg

"But it's obvious that even Alfonso is using it. His cornering exit speeds are faster. Technology has gone a long way, I guess."

Music: Anyway, Anymore - Cherry

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__9.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__10.jpeg

Even De Luca notices the predicament that Giacomo is in.

"Giac, Traction Control is permitted for the entire duration of the championship. You might want to use it." De Luca said.

"I'm aware of that. But I want my right foot to do the work. Thanks." Giacomo replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__11.jpeg

"Benito once told Giac that traction control systems are pretty much useless on high level racing such Formula 1. But let's be real here, Giacomo is not yet on that level." De Luca mused.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__12.jpeg

"With today's technology, TCS is even helpful. Formula 1 in the 90s and early 2000s were raw and Benito got used to the environment of eschewing driver aids during his career. Giac is in the digital era, and has grown to the notion of convenience and ease of use. We have to admit that cars are much faster today than the ones decades ago, all thanks to progress." De Luca added.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__13.jpeg

"Giac, sometimes pride can just keep you from coming out of your shell." De Luca thought.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__14.jpeg

Giacomo has impeccable control over braking even on wet, having learned the basics of braking without ABS when he was starting out, allowing him to inch closer to Alphonse on corner entry.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__15.jpeg

But it's obvious that technology has its advantages. Giacomo's F8 has higher risk of oversteer on corner exits thanks to its TCS switched off.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__16.jpeg

He feathers the throttle, putting it down by increments.

And it's made clear that it doesn't work.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__17.jpeg

"I gotta work on my accelerator control. Am I that lead-footed? Or is it because Alfonso is pushing me? Could be my thinking. Calm down, Giac. Calm down."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__18.jpeg

However, there is another saying: Fortune favors the bold. The fortune is made known by the precipitation coming to a halt.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__19.jpeg

Giacomo notices no droplets falling over the windshield.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__20.jpeg

"All right. Surface starts to dry up! I'll just have to be careful, still."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__21.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__22.jpeg

"Let's play again, Alfonso. ANDIAMO!" Giacomo exclaimed.

End of Act 12

Act 13 - Overcut Training

With the rain out of the way, Giacomo can push a little bit further.

Portions of the track are still heavily wet, however. Giacomo still has some traction issues.

With the drying up surfaces, everyone gets more confident in increasing their paces.

Giacomo notices Alphonse's improvement in speed.

"Of course he can push it harder." Giacomo thought.

Then De Luca chimes in.

"Giac, drop the pace a bit. Conserve your tires." De Luca instructed.

"Huh? Why?" Giacomo asked.

"We'll do an overcut." De Luca replied.

"But I'm gaining on Alfonso." Giacomo said.

"Just trust me on this. This is also an exercise." De Luca replied.

Giacomo relents with a sigh.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

And De Luca's strategy commences. Giacomo notices Alphonse using the right indicator, a sign that he will enter the pit lane.

Music: Prince Of The Night - Leo River

As instructed, Giacomo soldiers on.

As the rest box in.

"All right... let's see how much you have learned from your father about this accelerator work. Intermediate tires don't last long either." De Luca said.

"Oh... so a training during a race?" Giacomo asked.

"I've been doing that in my heyday. Thought it would benefit you too." De Luca replied.

"You've been stubborn on keeping the TCS off, now let's see how you manage the tires and see if your father is right." De Luca added.

"There are still wet portions in the track. I believe sticking to Inters for now is the best strategy." Giacomo said.

"The rest are probably fitting Softs as we speak. They will slow down... you have enough breathing room for this exercise." De Luca replied.

Giacomo feathers the accelerator in increments once the car touches the wet portions of the corners.

But this also has another benefit...

....as the water cools down the tires due to the lack of friction, reducing degradation.

De Luca, however, delivers a different news.

"They are starting to keep up. They obviously have better grip." De Luca said.

"Copy, understood." Giacomo replied.

Giacomo feels a heavy feedback from the steering wheel, a sign that the Intermediates are about to give in.

"I guess I can only overcut for 2 laps. Still have a long way to go." Giacomo mused.

And just around the corner, Alphonse is closing in.

"I'll hold on for another lap. You can do this, Giac. ANDIAMO!" Giacomo said to himself.

Despite his renewed vigor, Alphonse has significantly closed the gap after three laps.

Giac's F8 now experiences a mix of under and over steer.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__23.jpeg

"I'll box!" Giacomo said.

"Copy. You did well. We will have Softs ready." De Luca replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__24.jpeg

And at the Bus Stop chicane, Alphonse is just right on his tail.

Giacomo finally boxes in.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__25.jpeg

The pit crew rapidly changes the tires to Soft compounds as requested by De Luca. The car's fuel is also being replenished.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240623073620.jpg

"Well done on the exercise. This is one of the many techniques that F1 drivers do. You simply have to brush up on it." De Luca said.

"That was difficult, to be honest." Giacomo replied.

And then he finally rejoins the fray.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__26.jpeg

"But thanks. Now I see that I still have a long way to go." Giacomo added.

End of Act 13

Last edited:
Act 14 - Purple Sector

With a new set of Soft compounds, Giacomo is back on the fray. Three-fourths of the race is already completed, so he has to act...

"Giac, you only have five laps left. Make sure those Softs are truly worth it. There are still wet portions, so watch yourself." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1.jpeg

"Good news is, you've pulled up enough gap a while ago during the overcut. That means, they aren't that far away after you boxed in." De Luca added.

"Alfonso is my only problem." Giacomo replied.

Music: Mission Impossible - Nick Mansell

"Ciao, Pietro." Giacomo greeted as he overtakes his teammate.

Then finally, he is back to playing with Alphonse.

"Bonjour, mon ami. Hope you weren't lonely." Giacomo said.

The rivalry now sets on full throttle. The two have been among the most talked-about rookies of the year, considering their breakout performances in the WTCC.

Spectators begin to cheer loudly as they see the two rivals going on each others' throats once more. Now on the closing stages of the race, they are being treated with an intense battle like no other.

"Jeez, this is even more exciting than the current F1. Those two are crazy!"

"Are you sure they are really rookies?!"

Giacomo now takes pole.

"All right. Heh, watch me, Alfonso." Giacomo said to himself.

"The road is getting dry. Let's dance again, Alfonso!"

Taking advantage of fresh rubber, Giacomo hits full throttle on corner exits. No more worries about traction loss, then.

Alphonso gasps at this newfound speed.

"He wants to dance again, huh? Well then.... ALLONS-Y!" Alphonse thought.

As if responding to a provocation, Alphonse brakes late at the Bus Stop chicane and overtakes at the outside.

Giacomo smirks.

"Yes... that's it. Hehehehe."

Music: Fly to Me To The Moon & Back - The Spiders From Mars

The growing fanbases of Giacomo and Alphonse cheer loud... louder than the other... as if they share the same level of rivalry as their idols.

"I won't let you go, Alfonso. Keep shredding your tires." Giacomo said.

He now enters into slipstream.

However, Alphonse looks at the rear view mirror, and anticipating what Giacomo could do next at the end of Kemmel Straight, he moves to the right.

"Nice move." Giacomo said.

Alphonse manages to guard his lead.

"But my tires are still fine." Giacomo said with a smirk.

And he is proven right. Alphonse's F8 is flailing on the turns.

"Keep up with the pressure. You're entering the final lap." De Luca said.

Even Pietro is at awe watching how the two go at each other.

"Look at those two go! It's like... watching Formula 1." Pietro remarked.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__23.jpeg

While Alphonse manages to defend himself in Eau Rouge...

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__24.jpeg

....Giacomo has better exit speed coming out of Raidillon. This opens up his one final opportunity.

"ANDIAMO!!!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__25.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__26.jpeg

Giacomo makes a clean overtake.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__27.jpeg

"Okay. Go all out now, Giac. Get that fastest lap." De Luca said.

"Gladly!" Giacomo replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__28.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__29.jpeg

De Luca is reading the race data. Giacomo gets purple colored sectors. He smiles and applauds.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__30.jpeg

Finally, Giac takes the chequered flag, setting the fastest lap time of 2 minutes and 12.8 seconds, half a second faster than Alphonse's.

"You did it, Giac. Bellissimo!" De Luca exclaimed.

"Forza! Everyone did a wonderful job. Grazie ragazzi. Grazie ragazzi!" Giacomo replied.

4th round result and current standings:

Marelli (Ferrari) - 61

Blanchard (BWT) - 57

Guidicelli (Ferrari) - 52

Magnussen (HAAS Ferrari) - 51

Vasquez (Red Bull Racing) - 46

Garett (Privateer) - 28

Hamilton (Scuderia Ferrari) - 24

Pianizzi (MAHLE Racing) - 24

Tan (Privateer - GRAB) - 21

Tsukamoto (Privateer - Racing Service Dino) - 21

Minagawa (Privateer - CORNES) - 20

Carillo (Sbinalla Tire) - 6

End of Act 14

Last edited:
Act 15 - Avanti

Time: 1 pm, the next day

Giacomo brings his recently awarded trophy, from his win in Spa yesterday, in the living room. He looks at the display cabinet filled with medals and trophies. His mother, Adrianna, arrives, smiling when she sees another trophy.

"I think we need to move to a bigger house with all of these trophies." Allegra said.

Giacomo chuckles.

"Well, I'm sure there's space for this somewhere... right?" Giacomo said in a jest.

And finally, Benito arrives, coming from the supermarket placing down the groceries on the floor.

"Oh dear, always placing them there?" Allegra asked
"Well, they're heavy. Gotta rest my arms." Benito replied.

"Don't tell me you bought a lot of tomatoes again." Giacomo said.

"You always guess right." Benito replied.

And then, Benito takes something out of his small sling bag. It's a white envelope with "FIA" printed on its back. He hands it over to Giacomo.

"What's this?" Giacomo asked.

"Open it. It's for you." Benito replied.

Giacomo opens up the said envelope. In it is a shiny card, and a folded piece of paper. Upon unfolding it, his eyes widened.

"The Super License!" Giacomo said.

"Well, you earned it. Congratulations." Benito said.

The son would hug his father with glee. This is something he is working so hard for. The world of Formula 1 is within his grasp.

"But of course, you're not yet done. You have to prove yourself further. You need a certain amount of points to get into Formula 1." Benito explained.

"I can't believe this. I thought this would only be a dream. But..." Giacomo can no longer finish his sentence to his excitement.

"I believe that your French best friend would have one too. I look forward for your further escapades." Benito said.

Giacomo breathes out a sigh. His moment of happiness is brief, however, as he places them down on the table.

"There's still the pressing matter. Guillermo is still on the run." Giacomo said.

"Let the authorities handle the matter. Besides, what happened back then was nothing compared to what he did to his own family." Benito replied.

"That's not NOTHING, Papà! He ruined your life! You could have been still racing in F1 right now. Your name deserves to be cleansed. The truth must come out." Giacomo said.

"Giacomo... I have already reached that level and sat on it briefly. Now that I have you both, I no longer ask for glory. All I want is peace." Benito replied.

"But we can't let that cloud our lives. It's time for us to have closure. That's what real peace is. We can't move on until we put this behind us." Giacomo said.

"We just want what's best for you. Getting involved will risk you losing that license, or worse... you." Allegra said.

"I'm not running away..." Giacomo said. Then he takes the card and certificate along with him upstairs.

**********************************************************************************************

Time: 8 am, the next day

While the sun rose giving light and happiness to the denizens...

...it's chaos for the Pianizzis. Now that Guillermo is on the run, Enzo rushes quickly to his mother's home.

Dorsoduro_.jpeg

Enzo would then ask his mother to pack as much as she can.

"I... no longer want to know what your father is capable of doing." Glorietta said.

"He might hunt us down. Especially that we provided the evidence to the authorities. Let's go. We're about to meet someone who can help." Enzo said.

Glorietta secures the entrance, carrying her suitcase and putting it in the trunk of Enzo's Ferrari. They leave in haste.

Via dei Neri_.jpeg

"Where are we going?" Glorietta asked.

"We are meeting up with someone from Unicorn Media. She needs more information, and she can provide us a safe haven in exchange." Enzo replied.

Not too far away, they arrive at the rendezvous point. It's Mila who awaits them. Enzo steps out of the car, and approaches Mila.

Ducal Palace of Modena_.jpeg

"We're here. Let's go." Enzo said.

"Glad you made it. Let's over to Switzerland. One of our satellite branches is there. We can conduct an interview there and then a home is ready for you." Mila said.

"Got it." Enzo said.

Without further distractions, the two cars leave.

Trient_.jpeg

It will be a long trip, but Enzo doesn't mind in the slightest.

By evening, they arrive in Geneva. Mila suggested a hotel they'll settle in for the night.

Izumiotsu Parking Area_.jpeg

The next day, the three would make their way in Unicorn Media's building. A studio is ready for the interview. Mila straightens up her blazer as she readies herself to inquire more. Glorietta is prepared too.

The lights have turned on, the cameras are ready. The director then gives the cue... and start.

"Good morning, Ms. Glorietta Pianizzi. Thank you for joining us today." Mila said.

"Good morning too, Ms. Janson. I am actually excited to drop this... bombshell." Glorietta said.

"A bombshell, you say?" Mila asked.

"It just involves a former Formula 1 driver, whose life was completely ruined by a loser of a husband." Glorietta replied.

"I'll keep this short. I am not that woman in the video. I do not stoop that low. Right now, she is with the authorities cooperating, because, you might guess, she hasn't gotten her full payment. For more than a decade? My husband... oh dear. He simply cannot beat Benito Marelli, and do you think a true winner would arrange for some cheap, washed out actress to do a job to get what he wants? I don't think so. He didn't have the world he wanted, so he decided that no one gets it." Glorietta added.

"Any words you can say to Benito Marelli, if he's listening to us right now?" Mila asked.

"Benito, you can relax. You are clearly innocent. I'm even jealous, your family keeps holding on. I wish my family is that strong. Your son will go places. Let's put this trouble behind us. I am speaking on behalf of my family, except for my husband." Glorietta said.

********************************************************************************************************

Time: 9 am, three days later.

The final round takes place on a hybrid street circuit in the island of Sardegna (or Sardinia in the English language). Today is qualifying day.

Benito is in attendance, looking after the entire Ferrari team preparing and setting up the cars for the event.

Enzo Pianizzi now makes a bold move, approaching Benito.

"Mr. Benito Marelli. It's an honor to have finally met you." Enzo said.

"Oh, Enzo Pianizzi. And do not worry, I don't bite." Benito said.

"Your son is doing incredibly well. I wish I was like him too, with enough motivation to be the best." Enzo replied.

"I am far from being the best father in the world, but all I want is for my son to be happy. I'm sure deep down your father wanted that too." Benito said.

All of a sudden, they hear loud, hastily approaching footsteps...

....it's Guillermo Pianizzi, taking out a pistol out of his pocket. Benito's eyes widen, and when Enzo sees that, he turns around.

"BENITO!" Guillermo shouts, and he pulls the trigger.

Enzo pushes Benito away, taking the bullet... piercing through his chest.

In panic, the mechanics scram away, with Giacomo and Pietro hearing the commotion and rush into the scene.

Guillermo realizes what he has done, having seen his first-born son take the bullet, dropping the pistol. Benito delivers a punch on to Guillermo's cheek.

Benito rushes to Enzo's side. Enzo is clutching his chest, flowing with blood.

"Hang in there. Help is on the way." Benito said.

Benito faces his son, who is taken by shock.

"GIAC! CALL THE AMBULANCE! NOW!" Benito exclaimed.

Giacomo, shaking in shock, calls the emergency services. The track's security force take Guillermo away, and call the police as well.

As the result of the confrontation, the qualifying and the entire round are postponed until further notice. An investigation immediately goes underway.

********************************************************************************************************

The next day, Giacomo and Benito pay a visit in the Sardinia General Hospital. They go inside Enzo's room, and upon getting in, they see Enzo fully conscious watching the television showing news about his father's arrest.

"Hey, Enzo. Glad to see you awake." Giacomo said.

"Oh hello, good morning to you two." Enzo replied.

"How are you feeling?" Benito asked.

"Saddened. Crushed. I'm fine on the outside, but I'm dead inside." Enzo replied.

"You have the right to feel that way." Benito said.

"You saved my father's life. I will forever be grateful for that. I'll find a way to repay you." Giacomo said.

"I just have to do the right thing. I have to stop my father, and in the process, almost lose my life. But it's all worth it. As long as we have closure, I don't mind how many bullets I take." Enzo said.

"You think you would be able to recover fast enough to be in the race?" Benito asked.

"No, but that's fine. Mahle Racing contacted me earlier, and they found a substitute driver for me. The race will push through next week." Enzo replied.

"I see. Well, we will pray for your speedy recovery. But of course, the issue about your father..." Benito said.

"It'll take a much longer time. But as long as I keep on racing, it'll heal... eventually." Enzo replied.

The three men smile. A truce has finally been made. Benito's name has been cleansed as well, all thanks to the testimonies of the paid actress whom he unknowingly entangled with.

One week later, the fifth round finally commences. The qualifying went smoothly as well.

Sardegna - Road Track - A_.jpeg

Giacomo qualified in P6.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__1.jpeg

With everything now settled, it's time for Giacomo to face forward, both literally and figuratively.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__2.jpeg

"All I need to do is look forward. The past is now completely behind us. I can fully focus. I have the Super License. I must fill it with points." Giacomo thought.

And then...

...it's lights out and away they go.

Music: ACM - Elements of Trance (DJ Kim's Reload Mix)

Sardegna - Road Track - A__3.jpeg

The excitement already ramps up, as Alphonse makes a bold move in the first corner.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__4.jpeg

Jumping immediately to the first place, Alphonse's fans cheer wildly.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__5.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__6.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__7.jpeg

Giacomo sees the top three fleeting away. His right foot is hard on the accelerator.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__8.jpeg

Alphonse is making strides as well, intent on challenging Giacomo.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__9.jpeg

De Luca chimes in.

"Okay, Alphonse is three seconds ahead of you." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

And with that, he firms his hold on the steering wheel.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__10.jpeg

"ANDIAMO! Andrò avanti!" Giacomo exclaimed.

End of Act 15

Last edited:
Act 16 - A Little Bit of A Miracle

A few laps have passed, and no one seems to budge.

"The gap is increasing. Hamilton and Magnussen are showing their true selves, it seems."

"I think we made the wrong decision to start on Hards. Can't grip properly." Giacomo said.

"Hold out for now. No use to box." De Luca replied.

"Okay, then." Giacomo said.

Giacomo feels a little bit more yaw from the car.

"I can a turn a bit. The tires are warmed up." Giacomo said.

"Copy, understood." De Luca replied.

Sixth lap commences.

"Giac, I'm happy to report that you set the fastest lap. 1 minute and 38.5. I repeat, 38.5." De Luca said.

This is clearly motivating for Giacomo.

"Okay, thanks!" Giacomo replied.

Giacomo closes in.

However, in one left-hand kink...

....the F8's brakes lock up. This is something not expected from a car with an anti-lock braking system. Glitches can happen after all.

"Brake lock! Brake lock!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Which sends the F8 plowing through the outside.

And on to the guardrail.

He fights off the wheel shaking, wrestling back the car in control and in the course.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__11.jpeg

"Giac, are you okay?" De Luca asked.

"Yeah. It's a bit of a miracle. I can feel vibration from the steering wheel. But I can manage." Giacomo replied.

The predicament results in Giacomo falling back, but still maintaining his position.

Upon turning left, he feels more vibration from the steering wheel.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__12.jpeg

"There's definitely less yaw when turning left. I can turn, but..." Giacomo said.

"We'll check the front right suspension. Can you still run?" De Luca asked.

With the top three far from his reach, and being in the final round considering the overall points he has...

...Giacomo firms his grip on the steering wheel and bury the throttle.

"Yes. I can." Giacomo replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__13.jpeg

"Let's patch it up later when I box." Giacomo added.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__14.jpeg

Despite the worried look, De Luca would smile. He knows that this is all or nothing for Giacomo for the championship title.

"Okay. I trust you, Giac. We will pull through. But just take care when you turn left." De Luca said.

"Thank you. Can you be my race engineer and strategist forever? Hehe." Giacomo said, just to release some tension.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__15.jpeg

"I would be honored, Signore Marellil." De Luca replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__16.jpeg

End of Act 16

Last edited:
Act 17 - Esplosione

Having moved up to third despite the miraculously light limp, Giacomo's motivation increases tenfold.

But De Luca ensures that they have to be in check, in order to not open up the wound further.

"Just reminding you, the track direction is counter clockwise. This will actually make our situation worse." De Luca said.

"Copy. I'll manage as much as I can." Giacomo replied.

The only compromise Giacomo can only do is to ease up more on the left hand turns. Seems to work in his favor so far, as it allows him to rocket out of the turns, known as the old-fashioned yet effective "Slow-in, Fast-out" method.

And now Alphonse is within his easy reach.

"You're mine now. Miss me, mon ami?" Giacomo teased.

Alphonse notices that Giacomo is on his tail.

"Alphonse, your best friend has come to play." Louis said over the radio.

"Copy. I'm always ready to play. Heh." Alphonse replied.

Music: Take Me To The Top - D-Essex

Giacomo applies the "slow-in, fast-out" method once more on the left hand turn.

And to the next...

"Seems to have worked. Alfonso may have gotten away from the hairpin, but I don't feel the damage has gotten worse..."

He would then make up ground on the final, high speed turn.

Lap 14 begins with Giacomo now on the attack, pressuring the Frenchman.

Which works, as evidenced by Alphonse understeering on the next turn.

"Ha, fell for it!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Taking advantage of his method on left turns, Giacomo moves to the outer side...

...then buries his foot on the accelerator at the exit.

And now... Giacomo applies full power on the final section.

Finally taking the lead on the start of Lap 15.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__17.jpeg

"FORZA!" Giacomo exclaimed.

However, as he applies the brakes for the first turn...

Sardegna - Road Track - A__18.jpeg

...the car veers to the outside, as if reminding Giacomo that it is limping.

"Argh! Damn!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__19.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__20.jpeg

This hampers its braking, sending the car plowing outside.

"Turn! Turn! Turn! Turn!" Giacomo repeatedly exclaims.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__21.jpeg

The gravel trap did all of the stopping, which renders the car being dropped back into 2nd.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__22.jpeg

Giacomo slams his fist on the wheel as he accelerates out of the predicament.

Alphonse breathes out a sigh.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__23.jpeg

Giacomo scowls.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__24.jpeg

"Giac, are you alright?" De Luca asked.

"I'm pissed. Really pissed." Giacomo replied in a rather calm tone.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__25.jpeg

"Don't overdo it. We can patch it up. You can box. Parts are ready." De Luca said.

"No, I'm still running." Giacomo replied.

Nothing can stop Giacomo now....

Sardegna - Road Track - A__26.jpeg

...as he is back with a vengeance. He once again overwhelms Alphonse with a faster cornering speed at the final turn.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__27.jpeg

Even going slightly off-course to squeeze past.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__28.jpeg

"Sorry Alfonso, I won't be nice for now." Giacomo said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__29.jpeg

End of Act 17

Act 18 - Forza!

Giacomo now leads the pack.

And Alphonse is taken aback at the speed of Giacomo's limping F8.

"Incredible. He makes it seem that there's no problem at all." Alphonse mused.

At the beginning of the 17th lap, De Luca reports.

"Pietro Guidicelli set the fastest lap. 1 minute 38 flat. 38.0." De Luca said.

But a response is absent from Giacomo...

"Okay... just letting you know." De Luca said.

He takes off his headset, looks at Benito.

"Giac's not amused. He's silent." De Luca said.

"Him being quiet is actually the best thing you can expect from him. It means he means serious business." Benito replied.

"But of course, his car is limping. Being careful is something you'd actually prefer in this situation." De Luca said.

"I know my son. I trained him to be a racer. He may not be as excellent in karting as Alphonse is, but he's a technical genius when his fighting spirit is set ablaze." Benito replied.

De Luca looks at the telemetry, especially the movement of the front right suspension. His eyes widen.

"Impressive. He took my advice. The front right suspension is experiencing less load." De Luca said.

"He won't be setting record times right now, but he is taking care of the car." De Luca added.

"Heh. What have I told you?" Benito said.

Lap 20. Just five laps left. Giacomo's pace still astounds Alphonse.

De Luca would then return to the radio communication.

"Okay, Giac. Box box. Box box." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

De Luca breathes a sigh of relief.

"We will patch the front right suspension. You know the car has quick exchange part system, right? Ferrari implemented that in their other race cars." De Luca said.

"I think I wasn't paying attention back then." Giacomo replied.

Upon arriving, the pit crew move as if they're machines when activated at a press of a button. The front right suspension parts are swapped. Of course it takes time.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240630194315.jpg

Since the other cars were far away when he pit in, the crew is able to attach the replacement parts just in time when the others have finished changing tires, evening the odds for all of the racers.

And then they all exit at the same time. Giacomo tightens his grip on the steering wheel.

"Let's go." Giacomo said.

Music: F1 Theme - Brian Tyler

With the new parts and as well as fresh set of Racing Soft tires, Giacomo can perform no holds-barred racing.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__17.jpeg

Even Magnussen's defensive maneuver is rendered useless.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__18.jpeg

"Not today, K-Mag." Giacomo said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__19.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__20.jpeg

Everything is now even at this point. With only four laps left, Giac only has a small window of opportunity to take the lead.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__21.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__22.jpeg

Make it three...

Sardegna - Road Track - A__23.jpeg

And the other opponents are giving everything they got as well.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__24.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__25.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__26.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__27.jpeg

Giacomo builds up pressure on Alphonse.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__28.jpeg

Which results for the French racer to overshoot.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__29.jpeg

"Merde! I went in too fast!" Alphonse exclaimed.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__30.jpeg

This also presents an opportunity for Pietro to steal the spot from Alphonse as well.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__31.jpeg

"Don't leave me, Giac! Let's have a 1-2 at the final!" Pietro said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__32.jpeg

Benito hears the crowd cheering wildly as they see Giacomo blazing by the main straight.

"Formula 1 deserves someone like you, my son. You have even surpassed me. I'm proud of you... and also, thank you for what you've done for me." Benito thought as he sheds a single tear.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__33.jpeg

De Luca is also delighted to see purple marks on Giacomo's sector times.

"Come on, Giac! Push it further. You are purple on all sectors!" De Luca said.

"All right. ANDIAMO!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__34.jpeg

As Giacomo starts Lap 24, De Luca reports the lap time.

"Okay, you are the fastest. The lap time is now at 1 minute 36.934. 36.9. 1.1 seconds faster than Guidicelli." De Luca said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__35.jpeg

However....

...Alphonse notices an alarming spike on engine temperatures, forcing him to retire.

"No... overheat! I will have to retire. I'm sorry, monsieur." Alphonse said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__36.jpeg

"No worries, you'll still earn a point for finishing more than 90% of the race. You did well today." Louis replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__37.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__38.jpeg

And finally.... Giacomo takes the win at the final round of the Ferrari F8 Challenge championship. Giacomo's fans cheer as wild as they can possibly be.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__39.jpeg

"FORZA FERRARI!" Giacomo exclaimed.

"Forza, Giacomo. Forza! Very well done. You won the championship." De Luca said.

"Grazie ragazzi. And I know my father is watching, please tell him I did it." Giacomo said.

"Of course he knows. He's very proud of you." De Luca replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__40.jpeg

And so do Pietro's fans. The pair achieved a 1-2 finish. This will send wonderful news to Maranello.

5th round result and overall standings:

Giacomo Marelli (Ferrari) - 71

Pietro Guidicelli (Ferrari) - 70

Alphonse Blanchard (BWT) - 59

Kevin Magnussen (HAAS Ferrari) - 56

Cesar Vasquez (Red Bull Racing) - 50

Lewis Hamilton (Scuderia Ferrari) - 39

Michael Garrett (Privateer) - 34

Jo Minagawa (Privateer - CORNES) - 32

Hiroki Tsukamoto (Privateer - Racing Service Dino) - 31

SUBSTITUTE DRIVER - Barry Ragdall (MAHLE Racing) - 30

Andrew Tan (Privateer - GRAB) - 24

Sebastian Carillo (Sbinalla Tire) - 7

At the podium ceremony, Giacomo looks at Pietro on his right, and Alphonse on his left. The overall winners are showered with confetti having the colors of the Italian flag. A champagne blasting ensues after, with Giacomo dousing everyone with glee.

Benito and De Luca proudly look at Giacomo above them.

"You raised one hell of a son, Benito. Congratulations. He'll go places." De Luca said.

"Words cannot describe how proud am I of him." Benito replied.

They look on Giacomo now being doused with champagne by both Pietro and Alphonse.

End of Act 18

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Yep, that's a double entry for today.

- The F1 Theme by Brian Tyler also gives me this final push vibes, like it's very suitable when you are at the tail end of the race, winning.

- And yes, this is now Barry R.'s official debut in this fanfiction universe. Sophy and Bob are coming soon. :lol:

Last edited:
Act 19 - Alto Livello

Time: 1 pm, one week later

After that championship, Giacomo's routines seemingly return to normal. After all, he is one of Ferrari's chosen drivers in their Young Driver program.

Anselmo De Rossi is pleased with the results, and now offers both Giacomo and Pietro a new challenge, now that both drivers have secured their FIA Superlicences.

And with that, Giacomo has never been this hectic ever since...

The torrential rain doesn't bother him in the slightest. And what's he driving?

Nürburgring Nordschleife_.jpeg

A Ferrari FXX-K. But isn't that a customer track day car only allowed outside on Ferrari's official race events?

Nürburgring Nordschleife__1.jpeg

As it turns out, it serves an entirely different purpose...

Nürburgring Nordschleife__2.jpeg

"Geez, a thousand horsepower on the wet? And keeping it in check for twenty four hours?" Giacomo mused as he feathers the throttle, attempting to reign in the car's massive power output only with his right foot.

As what Giacomo said, the FXX-K is modified extensively for the upcoming VLN 24 Hour race. It has entirely different components that would ensure longevity for that grueling competition. The FIA decided to add another class, now reserved for experimental vehicles with little restrictions dubbed the "Hyper Endurance" class.

In the midst of his concentration, Giacomo hears a static coming from the radio. It's his father, Benito.

"Giac, head back to the pit lane. Someone wants to meet you." Benito said.

"Okay, got it." Giacomo replied.

"And you need a little recuperation too. You've been driving all day." Benito added.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__3.jpeg

Nürburgring Nordschleife__4.jpeg

And yes, Giacomo is extracting as much as he possibly can from the hypercar.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__5.jpeg

"I wonder if Alfonso will come to play in the VLN? It would be boring if he wouldn't." Giacomo wondered as he wrestles control of the car.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__6.jpeg

Nürburgring Nordschleife__7.jpeg

He drops the pace and then enters the pit lane.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__8.jpeg

He parks the car under the tent, and he alights from it while being inspected by the crew. He sees Benito, alongside De Luca and De Rossi speaking to a certain driver...

The driver in question has a brown mullet tied into a bun with a full beard.

Giacomo joins them, and smiles the moment he sees their guest.

"Giac, he will be joining the VLN as well. Meet Antonio Giovinazzi." Benito said.

"A pleasure and an honor to meet you, sir." Giacomo said as he shakes hands with Giovinazzi.

"I have heard wonderful stories about you. And you're in Super Formula too? Nice work." Giovinazzi said.

"You have raced with the stalwarts of Formula 1, and conquered Le Mans. The list will go on and on." Giacomo said.

"I am just as young and eager as you are. Let's win together." Giovinazzi replied and extends a bro fist, which Giacomo reciprocates.

**********************************************************************************************

Time: 3 pm, one week later

Testing cars is now part of Giacomo's routine. He doesn't mind the chaos at all, as long as he gets to drive a diverse array of Prancing Horses in the stable.

But he returns to the helm of the La Super Formula, as Ferrari wants to get valuable data before the season begins.

He has been on the track since morning, doing more than a hundred laps.

And then, as he runs with a fresh set of tires...

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_.jpeg

...an unexpected guest enters the circuit.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__1.jpeg

De Luca, seeing this sudden entrance, quickly opens up the communications.

"Giac, uhhh... someone has entered the circuit. Just let him pass." De Luca said.

"Huh? Who?" Giacomo asked.

"No idea. Never noticed there even was another crew until now." De Luca replied.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__2.jpeg

"Okay... I'll make way. But now you have gotten me curious." Giacomo said.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__3.jpeg

Giacomo keeps his pace, unaware that the said intruder is approaching rapidly.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__4.jpeg

Upon returning the main straight, De Luca recognizes who the other driver is.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__5.jpeg

"Giac... I'm pretty sure you recognize the other driver..." De Luca said.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__6.jpeg

"Huh? Who?" Giacomo asked.

As if having heard his query, that other driver lines up beside Giacomo.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__7.jpeg

Giacomo looks at his right, and then sees the number.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__8.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__10.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__9.jpeg

Upon recognizing the driver, Giacomo feels this sudden surge of adrenaline... he has suddenly become jolted with excitement.

He then smirks as he sees the driver right in front.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__11.jpeg

Giacomo would then utter....

"No...

...you will not have the win."

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have actually saved the replay of that last bit. I can post the entire race by request as a Bonus Entry.

- The next arc shall start this weekend. Or Friday the earliest.

STARS & STRIPES

Finish Line_.jpeg

Dave Lempel returns home after his successful stint in the World Touring Car Championship.

While opportunities await for him, he feels that he has to tie up loose ends he left brought about his arrest.

His true redemption begins.

TIMELINE: Set after the events of Neo, running alongside Iniziare.

NEW CHARACTERS:

1. Anthony Argyros

Nationality: American

Bio: Anthony Argyros hails from New York, coming from a close-knit family with Greek heritage. While he currently lives alone in an apartment in Queens, he does visit his family during holidays in the upstate. He has aspirations for racing, having started karting at the age of 10 but of course as a mere hobby of sorts until he began competing at the age of 15.

Upon turning 20, Anthony began shifting interest to tinkering cars. He was involved in a few street racing activities until he got arrested by the cops. Despite that, that didn't deter his racing aspirations until he met Dave Lempel, a well-renowned tuner who wanted to build a racing team. Dave set Anthony right, completely abandoning street racing and relegated the latter's focus on the safer confines of the racing circuit. Anthony enjoyed this newfound path, even though their success on the track was moderate.

However, the joy was cut short after Dave's arrest... and with that, his aspirations having gone down the drain.

2. Michael Hackett

Bio: Michael "Mike" Hackett is one of the in-demand drivers in the USA. He began racing as soon as he got his driving license, competed in touring car races using his father's Mustang race cars. Because of his success, major sponsors took notice, until the newly-formed Red Bull Ford Racing took him in, and has since flourished under its umbrella.

3. Darren Christ

Bio: Darren Christ is Mike Hackett's fellow driver in the newly-formed Red Bull Ford Racing team. He too, is blessed with technical knowledge and has further improved his driving skills. He looks up to his teammate, but aims to be one day take part in the big leagues of single seat racing series such as the Super Formula and Formula 1.

Act 1 - Focus

"Ladies and gentlemen, in a few moments, we are about to start our initial descent to the John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York.

Please fasten your seatbelts when the seatbelt light sign is on and ensure your tray tables are stowed, and window shades raised as we prepare for our landing.

Once again, we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude in choosing to fly Virgin Atlantic airlines. We will look forward in seeing you again in future flights."

Dave is awakened by the announcement. He is exhausted by the trip, having woken up early in the morning flying from Cologne, then having a stopover at Heathrow in London.

He makes his usual stretching routine. It didn't take long to finally make a touchdown at JFK airport.

An hour later, Dave settles at a hotel in Manhattan. Dave is from Los Angeles, and yet what is he doing in New York?

He gets his phone after putting down his luggage on the carpet. He calls the Neo Headquarters.

"Hey, Dave here. I just arrived in New York. Letting you know that I'm fine. I hope you're all doing well and don't worry, I'll be back immediately once I've done everything. I can't leave it like this." Dave says as he puts the message as voice mail.

He opens the curtains, and sees some droplets on the window. He takes off his jacket.

The next day, Dave heads out of the hotel, and walks to the nearest subway station. Despite his recent success, no eyes are on him, which actually is a relief for Dave.

"I'm no F1 driver. That's fine." Dave mumbles to himself as he descends the steps leading to the subway.

He gets on the train heading to Queens. He pulls out a piece of paper, with a certain address written on it. He also looks at his smartphone, showing the directions to the said location.

Dave arrives at an apartment. It looks upmarket with big windows and balconies. He enters at the reception giving an impression of a hotel ambiance.

He goes to 10th floor, and upon arriving, he stops at room 1018. Dave double checks by looking at that paper again, and the room is indeed correct.

He rings the doorbell. The door opens after a few moments. The man who opened it is a young one, almost in the same age as Dave's. He fixes his hair, but then he faces Dave once more.

"Hey... Anthony." Dave said.

The man is named Anthony Argyros, and both seem to be familiar with each other. Anthony looks at Dave.

Then at a rather random moment, a fist lands on Dave's face with force powerful enough for Dave to almost lose balance. Anthony hyperventilates. Dave smirks.

"I deserve that." Dave said.

"You really do. You've got guts to come here. What? You just placed third in some touring car championship and then come to see me?" Anthony said.

"I just want to talk." Dave replied.

"Come in." Anthony said to Dave, as he leads him to the living area.

"Clean as ever." Dave said as he looks around the well-organized room.

"Better than prison." Anthony replied.

"Yeah, I agree." Dave said.

"I'm doing fine, if you're here to ask. And I'm having a nice desk job in some big company in Manhattan. But hey, Czarina donated some." Anthony said as he pours soda on a glass with ice.

"She kept her word." Dave said.

"Oh yeah? But what about you? Everyone just packed their bags and left. The police seized the assets. Customers had to get their cars back on the risk of being seized as well. The garage... empty. And so do my dreams." Anthony said, then he takes a sip.

"An apology isn't enough. I'm here to fix everything. I can't leave everything as is." Dave replied.

"Well, good luck. The crew no longer wants to associate with you. Can't hang out with a criminal, even if the law deems you clean." Anthony said.

"I'll do whatever I can. I still haven't forgotten my promise." Dave said.

"What? You're going to embezzle YOUR new team's funds? I'm out of this." Anthony replied.

"No. I'll do this clean. Just... give me a chance. Please. I can't go back to my team until I tie up all loose ends here. This is personal for me as well." Dave said.

"Well, if I said yes, will we still have a car to go off of? We're basically zero." Anthony said.

"Yes. In fact, it's the only one sitting in the garage in L.A. It was well-kept." Dave replied.

Anthony briefly drinks the contents of his drink, and places the glass with a little bit of force on the kitchen counter top. He looks up, then returns his gaze at Dave.

"Okay then... I'll... give it a shot. Again. Besides, I want to have a little shakedown of my newly tuned car tomorrow at The Glen. Figured I need some feedback." Anthony said.

"Nice. Good. Good. We'll do that." Dave replied.

"Just don't teach me about embezzlement. My parents value hard work." Anthony said.

"Can't let me hear the end of it, huh?" Dave said and he chuckles.

The next day, Dave returns to Anthony's apartment at dawn. Then the two head to the parking lot. Anthony presents his Ford Focus RS.

Las Vegas Parking Lot_.jpeg

"Nice. These things are common in Europe." Dave remarked.

"I want a daily driver and track toy but without the pain. So there." Anthony replied.

"Let's go. I'm eager to see if you still got it." Dave said.

"Oh I will show you." Anthony replied.

They leave as the sun rises. Watkins Glen is a 5-hour drive from The Big Apple.

They arrive at 10 in the morning. The pair make the initial checks such as the tire pressure and temperature of both oil and water.

Pit Lane, Watkins Glen_.jpeg

Once everything is in order, they set off.

"Okay, warm up lap done. Now floor it." Dave ordered to Anthony.

The lightly modified hot hatchback tears up the straight, and then Anthony takes advantage of the new racing brakes he installed.

Though he braked rather late... too late.

The RS would plow on the first corner.

Watkins Glen Long Course_.jpeg

"You overdid it. I can hear lots of screeching." Dave remarked.

Watkins Glen Long Course__1.jpeg

But then Anthony got the chicane right, hitting the apexes.

Watkins Glen Long Course__2.jpeg

"Getting better." Dave said.

"I'm not that rusty, you know?" Anthony replied.

Doing another downshift, the exhaust overrun creates popping sounds as well. The RS tucks in decently on the inside.

Watkins Glen Long Course__3.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__4.jpeg

A few more laps have dialed in, and then Dave instructs Anthony to go back to the pit lane.

"Okay, that was not bad. Although you still need more seat time. And perhaps, a sim." Dave said.

"Whoa... you're saying all of those now? Europe changed you a lot, I see." Anthony said.

"Gotta admit, yes. Neo is the team I aspired to have... until Czarina's father took it all away. It has everything. But the best part? Everyone there is supportive. Focused, yes, but still knows when to loosen up." Dave replied.

Dave clears his throat.

"The car has decent yaw, but if you do a bit of left foot braking, then that might improve. As a street car, ride is harsh as expected, but..." Dave said until Anthony cuts him off.

"I get it. No need to talk too much about it. Well, what's next?" Anthony asked.

"Los Angeles. You will reunite with the race car you wanted to drive all along. You even built it, right?" Dave replied.

There was a brief silence.

"Yes. I miss that." Anthony said.

Two days later, the men left New York and make their way to LA via a plane. They arrive at sunset, and Dave secured a rental car for them to get around.

By 8 in the evening, they finally arrive at the Lempel Technologies garage.

West 16th Street_.jpeg

Anthony looks around, and notices the void.

"I used to look endlessly at the customer cars here. It's like a pile. That space... it feels new." Anthony remarked.

Dave opens up the electronic garage door. It slowly rises, unveiling the racing car that Dave kept.

GReddy Performance Products_.jpeg

"You spent most of the time building this while I was competing with Czarina. We knew, since you were supposed in the paddock helping us, heh." Dave said.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just love this thing." Anthony said.

"Don't worry, some of the sponsors contacted me. Their faith has been restored. We can go..." Dave said.

"But we don't have a crew." Anthony said.

"Yeah... that." Dave replied, scratching his head.

He breathes out a sigh... and then suddenly, as if on cue, a large trailer arrives, wheezing as it makes a stop. The two men turn their attention. Dave's eyes widened.

It's a familiar sight. Men in neon green uniforms get out of not just one, but two trailers. Equipment is being rolled out, creating noise in an otherwise peaceful evening.

Approaching the pair is none other than Abel Kern.

"So... did you leave without taking the crew with you? Come on, Dave. Be a little more professional." Abel says with a smile.

"I.... didn't know..." Dave said, still in surprise.

"My brother told me what happened. And he truly is a shepherd. He looks after all of his sheep. All of them." Abel said.

Anthony smiles in awe seeing the Neo crew pulling in the equipment.

"So, let's get to work. And these guys deserve extra pay this evening. My brother, being one heck of a businessman, wants to expand Neo's operations to the States. Dream Alliance once planned this but folded since Hiroyuki Hiramoto's death. He placed these during the time you were racing for us in Europe." Abel explained.

"Heh... I have no words to say. But... thanks. Thank you so much." Dave replied.

"You don't have to do everything all by yourself, David. Even redemption is a team effort." Abel said, extending his hand.

Dave shakes Abel's hand.

Time: 10 am, two days later

With Dave's plans now bolstered by Gerhard's backing, he can finally restart his dreams. And as for Anthony, he will give his racing career another shot.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_.jpeg

The crew are in a large tent, waiting for whatever changes or feedback they need to hear.

Anthony is getting the grips of the car he once built.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs__1.jpeg

The Challenger's supercharger whine can be heard echoing throughout the track.

"You Americans love your whiny superchargers." Abel said.

"And you love your dinky little snails." Dave replied.

"At least our dinky little snails make our equally tiny cars go faster than their size dictates." Abel said.

"Yeah, I find it unfathomable a Golf GTI can be as fast as a Mustang on a track. How'd you guys do it?" Dave asked.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs__2.jpeg

In the car, Anthony is keeping the car in line.

"I know.. this isn't built for tracks like these. But I see potential." Anthony thought.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs__3.jpeg

To meet regulations for the upcoming American Touring Car Championship, the Challenger's power output was reduced but weight has been shaved down to a considerable amount.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs__4.jpeg

"Those Neo guys can turn this brick into a supercar. They're geniuses." Anthony muses.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs__5.jpeg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs__6.jpeg

Anthony's smile gets wider the more he spends time behind the helm.

They're off to a good start.

End of Act 1

Attachments

• Watkins Glen Long Course__5.jpeg
    Watkins Glen Long Course__5.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 4
Act 2 - Clipping The Wings

Time: 7:30 pm

Meanwhile, on the Eastern coast of the States, back in The Glen...

A Super Formula donning the colors and scheme of the USA flag, is having a shakedown all by itself. It's being ran by Andretti Motorsport, who has high hopes in getting in the world of single-seater racing.

And who is at the helm? None other than Isaiah Geronimo, who has accepted a seat in Andretti Motorsport.

"Okay, I think I can call it a day." Isaiah said.

He does have a right to do so. After all, he has been testing the car all day.

Pit Garage_.jpeg

After returning to the paddock, Isaiah cools off. Approaching him is his engineer, Gordon Kesler.

"How's the cooling modules?" Gordon asked.

"Oh, they're working as intended. I am more focused on dialing out that high speed understeer. Although if we iron that out, it's going to turn into a death trap..." Isaiah remarked.

"Don't worry, we will work on that." Gordon replied.

Isaiah takes a big, deep sigh as he sorts out his wavy hair.

"By the way, how's the search for another driver?" Isaiah asked.

Gordon answered. "We are still on the hunt. And if you are concerned on making it to the Super Formula, you don't have to worry a thing. We already have secured a spot on the grid. Formula 1, on the other hand..."

Isaiah chuckles, but then he grabs a drink from the refrigerator to help himself.

Time: 2 pm, three weeks later

The first round of the American Touring Car Championship goes at full swing, with the qualifying session underway.

Team Neo's crew is finalizing the settings for the Challenger, while Anthony and Dave look outside.

"Tough crowd out there." Dave said.

"I'll manage. And your crew rocks." Anthony replied.

"They're the stuff of my dreams. Someday I'll have my own." Dave said.

The encouragement is quickly dissipated by the arrival of Charlie Kesler, who joins them after recognizing Dave.

"Oh, you again? Heh." Charlie said with a smirk.

"How are you?" Dave asked.

"Doing fine. Czarina is having her hands full, though." Charlie replied.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta _.jpeg

"Aren't you worried about the competition?" Dave asked.

"Not anymore. Now with you around." Charlie replied.

"Why?" Dave asked.

"Yeah... those Red Bull guys. They're everywhere. Like... literally. I thought it's just an F1 thing." Charlie said.

"What do you mean?" Dave asked.

Background Music: Initial D 4th Stage Sound Files - Todo Juku

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __1.jpeg

"Last year, they have toppled Ravenwest Racing on ALL fronts of the American racing scene. IndyCar, ALMS, GTE PRO AM, you name it...

...and now they're dubbed the "The Bulls That Clipped The Raven's Wings". They ended Ravenwest's dominance in all of America." Charlie answered.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __2.jpeg

"There's Mike Hackett. Said to be one of The Proteges. One of the youngest ones apparently. Never heard of that group. Said to be ran by a legendary race car driver in Europe until he tragically died." Charlie added.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __4.jpeg

Charlie further added, "And there's Darren Christ. Won't shut his yap about his F1 aspirations, but he does have the skill to back up that otherwise loud mouth."

"Red Bull, huh? Who would've thought a company selling energy drinks would grow to be an empire?" Anthony commented.

"They even have a dedicated tech center in the United Kingdom. They're nuts." Charlie said.

"I'm sure they have painfully high standards." Anthony said.

"I don't care. As long as any of us here beats those two, I will be more than satisfied." Charlie said.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __5.jpeg

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __6.jpeg

Charlie would then enter the fray to set lap times.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __7.jpeg

And eventually, Anthony sets off.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __8.jpeg

Further modifications were performed. The car now has a wider stance.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __9.jpeg

Anthony is left mesmerized by the changes done to the race car he once built. The Challenger would carve the turns with ample traction, something that isn't expected from a car of that size.

"Wow... so this is the handiwork of professionals. I have so much to learn!" Anthony thought.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __10.jpeg

Rigidity has been improved as well.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __11.jpeg

"I'm loving this already!" Anthony exclaimed over the radio.

"Glad to hear. But please focus. We have a time to set." Dave replied.

End of Act 2

Attachments

• Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __3.jpeg
    Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __3.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 3
Act 3 - A Lump of Brick

The next day, the 1st round race proper commences. All the cars line up and their grid positions were determined by yesterday's qualifying.

Anthony places 4th. But for him, grid positions do not matter.

"I'll make a sweep. It's possible." Anthony muttered.

David says over the radio, "Keep your focus on this. But let's be realistic here as well; those Red Bull guys are the real deal."

"I'll keep that in mind, but I'm staying optimistic." Anthony replied.

And the lights set off. The Challenger's less than ideal weight distribution results in excessive wheelspin at launch.

But it maintained its position.

"Whew, I thought I was goner there. Rear wheels don't hook up." Anthony said.

However, Neo's technical prowess more than makes up for that glaring weakness, as it overtakes Charlie Kesler.

"Argh! I hate that supercharger whine. Don't rub it off my face." Charlie remarked as the loud high pitched supercharger noise echoes through as the Challenger makes a pass.

Charlie adds, "But it doesn't matter. As long as any of us beat the snot of those Red Bulls, I'm more than happy. Counting on you."

However, Hackett's Ford GT rockets out of the back straight.

"That Ford GT is a headache." Anthony remarked.

"Our team may be well-funded, but Red Bull clearly cuts above the rest. Those cars might have been sent to their HQ in UK to be modified extensively." David explained.

Upon hearing the statement, Anthony buries his right foot hard.

Background Music: Love Shining - Kasanova

He aims squarely at a Lexus RCF driven by a Canadian named Hugo Deschamps.

And makes a clean pass.

"I don't give a damn." Anthony replied.

David smirks upon hearing Anthony's response.

Anthony has to wrestle the Challenger, knowing very well that the car's chassis is almost two decades old.

And the car has made it well known to him.

"Understeer! But I'm fine." Anthony said.

Meanwhile, Charlie makes progress.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __12.jpeg

The two Fords have consistent pace... that it makes them look robotic.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __13.jpeg

Anthony isn't giving his quarter either...

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __14.jpeg

And upon starting another lap, David looks at the telemetry. His eyes widen.

"Uh... Anthony... you just set the fastest lap time. 1 minute 21 seconds." David reported.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __15.jpeg

"What have I told you? Not even a fancy laboratory or whatever that is can stop us." Anthony replied.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __16.jpeg

"Love your enthusiasm, bro. I think you can hurl a brick at those bulls." David said.

"And this brick will knock them out." Anthony replied with a confident smirk on his face.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __17.jpeg

End of Act 3

Act 4 - Upset

Anthony's vigor knows no bounds. With him now being the fastest in terms of lap times, there is no clear signs of holding back.

And he further gives praise to the rather unorthodox choice of a car.

"I'd never expect this much traction from a Challenger. Back then, I was even having second thoughts after getting this." Anthony remarked.

He is now within striking distance to the Red Bulls.

Darren is taken by surprise as he sees the bright green Challenger at the rear view mirror.

"What in the world?! Am I daydreaming? Please tell me I don't!" Darren exclaimed.

The supercharger whine grows ever closer.

Darren's Mustang left too much space.

"I made it work, 'Stang boy. Surprised?" Anthony said.

The GT is next.

Hackett is then made aware of the Challenger's fastest lap.

"Okay, Mike.... we are still short of the Challenger's fastest."

"I know what Neo is capable of. I shouldn't be surprised." Hackett replied.

Dave then says over the radio, "All right, put some pressure. Contact is pretty much allowed so don't hesitate."

"Don't mind if I do." Anthony replied.

He would then move in, attempting to steal the Ford GT's line.

Mike would then veer away, to avoid contact. This would lead to the GT losing its momentum.

Anthony seizes the opening, burying the throttle and literally scraping past Hackett.

Hearing the clash of metals, Mike fighting the wheel.

"What does he think he is?!" Mike said.

"How's that? A street racer knows no bounds. Well... ex-street racer." Anthony said.

Dave sees the overtake over the live feed.

"Nice! What a way to show that we mean business!" Dave exclaimed.

"Ain't no fancy race team can stop us. We are starting to pluck their horns." Anthony replied.

"This is a short race, but please conserve your tires. Even our engineers remark that Challenger loves to eat tires for breakfast." Dave ordered.

"Okay. Gotcha." Anthony replied.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __12.jpeg

Mike can only watch in total disbelief as the Challenger flees.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __13.jpeg

"This is embarrassing." Mike said.

Meanwhile, Isaiah watches over the grandstand overlooking the start/finish line.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __14.jpeg

He hears the crowd talking among themselves on how the Challenger got the lead considering Red Bull's domineering performance.

"Neo, huh?" Isaiah mused.

His engineer, Gordon, is sitting beside him, also amused by the Challenger's antics.

"Wouldn't you believe that land yacht trampled those bulls? Say, would he make a good teammate for you?" Gordon asked.

"He has the potential." Isaiah replied.

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __15.jpeg

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __16.jpeg

And with that, the first round was done in a snap.

First Round result:

Argyros - 20

Hackett - 18

Christ - 15

Kesler - 12

Lautner - 10

Santamaria -8

Mariano - 6

Deschamps - 5

Talley - 4

Geronimo - 3

Wallner - 2

Martinelli - 1

End of Act 4

Last edited:
Act 5 - The Vision

Time: 3 pm, two days later

Somewhere in the busy streets of the Motor City, there lies a garage filled with numerous large trailers, painted in familiar dark blue and red schemes.

As it turns out, it is one among the many of Red Bull Racing's headquarters, a base in the USA for their American racing operations.

Walking among the employees, Mike Hackett and Darren Christ head over to the specialized facility where their racing machines are stashed.

Izumo-class Destroyer_.jpeg

Fresh from his unexpected defeat on the hands of Team Neo, Mike shows a rather somber expression, but only for a brief moment as he is approached by his manager named Ash Parker who has direct contact to the main headquarters in Austria.

"Good day, gents. Well, thank you for coming on short notice." Ash said.

"So, what are we doing here?" Darren asked.

"I just want a brief talk. Well, that performance on Sunday was brilliant, no doubt... but unexpected. Team Neo?" Ash replied.

"That team came out of nowhere." Darren said.

"You didn't bother making research, did you? Well, that team is ran by a former race car driver who apparently rose from the dead. Gerhard Kern? Rings a bell? Add the fact that a former street racer humbled us..." Ash said.

"I came short, gotta admit that." Mike replied.

Then Mike focuses on the wider bodied Ford GT, modified for a different purpose.

Izumo-class Destroyer__1.jpeg

"Oh, weren't you gunning for that? That car is tuned for the VLN, on the new "Hyper" class or whatever. Cesar Vasquez and Sebastien Buemi are confirmed to be part of the 4-man team." Ash said.

"Yes. That's right." Mike replied.

"Then step it up if you want to belong. You are aware that Red Bull drops drivers like hot potatoes." Ash said.

"I'll keep that in mind. So... any further developments?" Mike asked.

"That is all. Just reminding you how much the late Sir Ben invested on you." Ash said, as he pats on Mike's shoulder and then leaves.

"Seesh... talk about being a slave driver." Darren remarked.

"We've been through losses before, but I did not expect the Austrian HQ to seriously considering cutting their losses now." Mike replied.

Then Mike steps out, heading towards the outside.

"Hey, wait!" Darren shouted as he follows his teammate.

Mike takes a deep breath, closing his eyes...

Mike reminisces his meeting with the fellow Proteges several months prior, in Paris.

Though he has no contact with the majority of others as they have moved forward either maintaining their careers in motorsport or having taken entirely different career paths, he still keeps in touch with a certain few.

Arriving in their meeting place first, in Red Bull's NSX company car, is Mike... with Darren tagging along despite not being part of the clique.

Sacré-Cœur__1.jpeg

And then appearing simultaneously in an Aston Martin Valkryie with a Monaco plate is none other Cesar Vasquez.

Sacré-Cœur_.jpeg

Exiting from the car, Cesar straightens his blazer.

"Ay dios mio... this car doesn't make you look good getting in or out." Cesar said.

Mike proceeds to share a brotherly hug with Cesar. Darren shakes hands with him as well.

"It's been long." Mike said.

"¿Qué tal? Heard you have toppled Ravenwest in the Stateside." Cesar said.

"Not easy. But yeah, we finally did it." Mike replied.

As the gust of wind blows, Mike straightens his perm.

"So, are we waiting for another one?" Darren asked.

"Yes." Cesar replied.

On cue, they hear loud footsteps. It's Takuma, wearing aviator sunglasses with matching brown trench coat. He smirks, but then he greets both Cesar and Mike warmly.

"How you've been?" Takuma asked.

"Better than ever, amigo." Cesar replied.

"What about you? I've never heard anything from you ever since Dream Alliance disbanded." Mike asked.

"I was... resting. But then something in me just reignited, after everything going on." Takuma replied.

"That Maximilian Marsh... I smell something off from him." Mike said.

"I'm arranging my return as we speak. But definitely I have never forgotten the late Sir Ben's vision for us. Today is his birthday, you know?" Takuma said.

Cesar, Mike and Takuma briefly look up the sky, leaving Darren bewildered.

"What?" Darren asked.

"My father invested so much in the Red Bull X Program, not just to us. Hence why we were trained in Milton Keynes." Takuma said.

"You made it to Scuderia Toro Rosso back then. I was in F4. I was even jealous looking at your test runs back then." Cesar said.

"And now, Benjamin is in Super Formula." Takuma said.

"Ah, that mijo, hehe. Don't worry, Takuma-san. He is still in my good hands." Cesar replied.

"I have no worries about him at all. Just make sure you check him in his apartment back in Monaco, okay? You are literally living next to each other." Takuma said.

"What are your plans?" Mike asked.

Takuma takes off his sunglasses.

"I am looking for a worthy successor of mine. Someone who has the same fire." Takuma replied.

"Well, why not your children?" Cesar asked.

"No... I want them to live their lives on their own accords. Besides, they have different kinds of flames." Takuma replied.

"You are as odd as ever." Mike remarked.

"You both focus on carrying on his legacy. He wanted dominance, so let's give him that. Doesn't matter if you happen to cross me or my team. But... no more crazy shenanigans." Takuma said.

"All right, we can do that. But it's just the three... or four of us here, amigo." Cesar replied.

"That's what Sir Ben would have wanted, anyway. He had the knack for subtlety. We will strike them when they least expect it." Takuma said.

"And what happens when you found this... "successor" of yours?" Mike asked.

"I'll guide that person... to be the better version of me. He or she... will be Sir Ben's protege, not mine." Takuma replied.

"Hmph... fine." Mike said.

"Both of you must make sure to set the hurdles excruciatingly high. That's all I ask. Win every race. Leave no quarter to anyone, even me.

"I shall henceforth, declare this day, the founding of...

"...Il Nuovo Discepoli"

*********************************************************************************************

A week later, in Daytona, Florida...​

Ishikawa Body_.jpeg

Team Neo has rented a facility nearby the Daytona International Speedway to stash their equipment and the car.

Dave is making final checks before the race day.

"Cooling is optimal. Tire pressures are stable." Dave said.

Anthony yawns.

"Well, what a day of setting up. Daytona is purely a high speed circuit, even if we are racing the road course variant." Anthony said.

"Though our car's aerodynamics are similar to that of a brick. We can't deny that. We did everything we can to beef up the handling to make up for it." Dave replied.

"I can turn the tables just like the previous round." Anthony said.

"No doubt about that. Heh." Dave replied with a smile.

And so... the race day comes.

A rolling start method was decided after thorough deliberation. Neo qualified on 6th, proving Dave's point correct.

Daytona Road Course_.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__1.jpeg

Mike blitzes the lead... now reminded once more of his late mentor's vision in the world of racing.

End of Act 5

Act 6 - Daytona Throwdown

Red Bull Racing once again leads the charge, but crowds know very well that Daytona offers a different kind of thrill, that even the underdog can come out on top.

Charlie aims squarely at Mike.

Daytona Road Course__2.jpeg

"Now's my turn. You Red Bull guys love to make us look like clowns. I'm turning the tables today." Charlie said.

Meanwhile, Anthony is preparing for his charge at the chicane's exit.

Daytona Road Course__3.jpeg

"Okay Anthony, you've got better momentum from the chicane. You can charge." Dave said over the radio.

Daytona Road Course__4.jpeg

And here it is, the Challenger blitzing past Charlie's C8 as if it's a traffic pole.

Daytona Road Course__5.jpeg

And Anthony grabs the lead on the very first lap, raising more eyebrows from the crowd and others cheering loudly.

Daytona Road Course__6.jpeg

"So... what are you saying about this being a brick?" Anthony asked.

"Don't be too cocky." David replied.

And the warning serves, as the Challenger plows through turn 1.

Daytona Road Course__7.jpeg

And Mike easily takes advantage of the opening.

Daytona Road Course__9.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__10.jpeg

"Not for long. Not for long." Anthony said.

Daytona Road Course__11.jpeg

Anthony's move leaves Mike undeterred.

Daytona Road Course__12.jpeg

"Is that all you got? I expect more from a "street" racer." Mike said.

Daytona Road Course__13.jpeg

"Street racers. Always using danger as an excuse to show their bravado. Yeah, as if we pros are pampered. Oh we have it easy." Mike remarked.

Daytona Road Course__14.jpeg

But he can't lament further as another opponent went into an offensive.

Daytona Road Course__15.jpeg

Anthony sees only a speck of the Ford GT at the rear.

"What's wrong? Better re-think your strategy." Anthony said.

Daytona Road Course__16.jpeg

Dave overhears Anthony's outbursts.

"You know, it pays to be humble. And... Red Bull didn't get this far to be laughed. If anything, it is US who should be on our guard." Dave said.

Daytona Road Course__17.jpeg

"What are you implying?" Anthony asked.

Daytona Road Course__18.jpeg

"I've heard back then... some drivers were once members of an elite clique, trained by a legendary racer from Britain." David replied.

Daytona Road Course__19.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__20.jpeg

"Well, I haven't felt a shred of their presence. So..." Anthony said.

Daytona Road Course__21.jpeg

"Just focus. Don't tease. I have a bad feeling about this. It may not be in this round, but..." David said.

Daytona Road Course__22.jpeg

The Red Bull Fords are pretty much in the midfield, prompting concern from Darren.

"Hey bro... are you all right?" Darren thought.

Daytona Road Course__23.jpeg

End of Act 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have decided to make this story arc a two-part series. Currently, this will be about Dave fulfilling his promise and the next one will be Mike Hackett's rough path in Red Bull Racing.

Act 7 - Too Smooth

The spectators haven't seen it coming...

...that once again, a car primarily designed to set records on a drag strip, would lead on a road car race with twists and turns.

Daytona Road Course__2.jpeg

Dave is amazed by the progress so far, but of course as Anthony's strategist, he has to keep tabs.

"How are the tires, Tony?" Dave asked.

"Well, the car's a bit sketchy now. Maybe I'll pit in after two laps. Three max." Anthony replied.

"Gotcha." Dave said.

Daytona Road Course__3.jpeg

Anthony can't let up despite the Red Bull Fords having fell back on the mid field. The Corvette and the Camaro are far better cars on the circuit.

Daytona Road Course__4.jpeg

Meanwhile, Abel Kern is not so optimistic about the current situation they are in.

Daytona Road Course__5.jpeg

"Red Bull falling back like this? Something is not right..." Abel thought, crossing his arms and watching the crew prepare a new batch of Soft compounds.

Back in the action, it's time for Anthony to box in.

"Okay Tony, box box. I repeat. Box box." Dave said.

"Box?" Anthony asked.

"It means pit in. "Box" is a more phonetically distinct term. Soft tires are ready." Dave replied.

"Oh gotcha. Thought it's a European thing." Anthony said.

Dave can only chuckle at Anthony's naivete.

Daytona Road Course__6.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__7.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240717062541.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240717062554.jpg

It's all set. The Challenger has a new set of rubber and its fuel replenished.

Daytona Road Course__8.jpeg

It exits the pit lane. Turns out, Mike Hackett boxed in too. The pit stop dropped Anthony's position down to 8th.

Daytona Road Course__9.jpeg

"All right. New rubber. And it's much grippier. I can fully floor this." Anthony said.

"Yeah. Bring it home. 2nd round is ours." Dave replied.

Daytona Road Course__10.jpeg

However, Abel continues to be cautiously optimistic.

"We are on a smooth sailing. But why do I get the feeling... that it is... too smooth?" Abel wondered.

Daytona Road Course__11.jpeg

Background Music: Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files - Todo Juku (Extended)

"Both Red Bull cars are not doing anything at all..." Abel added.

Daytona Road Course__12.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__13.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__14.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__15.jpeg

As Anthony's Challenger roars (or rather whines) past the lead...

Daytona Road Course__16.jpeg

...Mike seems to be unfazed.

And then...

Daytona Road Course__17.jpeg

...he then impishly grins.

"This is just the beginning, Neo. We already know what you're capable of. We have planned EVERYTHING for this tournament. You are not the only geniuses around." Mike thought, as he keeps his pace.

The second round ends without incident. Neo once again snatches the win.

Second Round result:

Argyros - 40

Kesler - 27

Santamaria - 26

Hackett - 21

Christ - 21

Talley - 18

Wallner - 12

Lautner - 10

Deschamps - 9

Geronimo - 6

Mariano - 6

Martinelli - 6

End of Act 7

Last edited:
Act 8 - Steep

Time: 2 pm, one week later.

Team Neo proceeds to California, specifically at the Grand Valley road circuit. While Anthony and the rest of the crew are in Los Angeles managing the settings of the car...

...Abel Kern and Dave watch the third round of the Ferrari F8 Challenge taking place at the same circuit.

The roars of turbocharged V8 motors and cheering crowds do not faze Dave at all. He focuses on the track layout instead.

"Wow... never thought they would be racing here. This track is nuts." Dave remarked, seeing the sharp drops and little runoff.

"Since it's just the two of us here, let me ask you a question." Abel said.

"Sure. What is it?" Dave asked.

"Anthony is doing fine himself. You are indeed fulfilling the promise you once broke. But... what about you? What are your plans for yourself?" Abel asked.

Dave takes a deep sigh, and looks at the Pacific coastline.

"I honestly... don't know. I haven't seen my trajectory yet. Sure, I came out clean, welcomed me here, flourished, and now helping someone out. I'm not sure if I should rebuild my garage or just stick to you guys and focus on racing." Dave replied.

"It's really difficult having a lot on your plate, huh? This is the point in our lives when we are stopped at the fork of a road. And you don't know what's ahead on all paths. For now, focus on winning this championship. Then we'll talk again." Abel said.

Seeing the Ferraris of Giacomo and Alphonse having a heated battle, Dave then smiles.

"I think I know which path to take. Thanks for the pep talk." Dave said.

One week later, it's now Neo's turn to brave through this treacherous street circuit on qualifying.

However, things are not as rosy.

Music: Initial D 5th Stage Sound Files - A God of Death II

Mike and his GT are running at a comfortable pace, with no signs of handling anomalies.

"With steep elevation changes and continuous corners that test your car's yaw rate, your tires are roast here. Well, not a problem with this one. What about you, Challenger boy?" Mike thought, as he puts up a condescending grin.

"This shouldn't be a problem for a rowdy street racer like you, right? After all, this is a public road." Mike added.

"Street racers. Pfft. Using danger as an excuse to show off their bravado. And for what? Bragging rights? And you laugh at us professional drivers for being so uptight? You have no idea what we went through." Mike said, furthering his tirade.

And then Darren does not report issues either...

"This car feels great! And I'm even just a few milliseconds slower than Mike. We're on a roll!" Darren thought.

With Red Bull Racing's expertise, even the Mustang can be transformed into a scalpel on the corners.

What about Anthony?

"It's stable on high speed turns but I'm driving a barge on this track!" Anthony exclaimed.

The Challenger is losing time on gravel traps on the insides of the turns, and then showing understeer.

"I'm missing the apexes as well. I think I underestimated this track." Anthony said.

"You're a second off from Hackett. But we'll work on the car. Bring it back in." Dave said.

"Roger that." Anthony replied.

Abel crosses his arms, observing the crew looking at the telemetry and taking note of Anthony's feedback.

"I knew it. Red Bull's strategies are second to none. They knew what the Challenger is capable of. And then they use their knowledge of this track to their advantage. Their Ford GT being a mid-engined car will truly shine here. Those guys from Milton Keynes truly give us headaches. It's unfair." Abel mused.

"The Challenger can only thrive on slow-in, fast-out method of cornering to even keep its line clean. But clearly it's not enough." Abel added.

End of Act 8

Act 9 - Power Play

The next day, is another race day. 3rd round commences.

Darren Christ got the pole position, while Anthony claimed second, which he himself was surprised after feeling that the qualifying yesterday was disastrous.

But that didn't bother Mike in the slightest, having to start in 3rd.

"Oh just you wait. The party has yet to start." Mike thought, as he waits for the lights to set off.

And they finally did. Anthony's Challenger got off to a good start.

But then Darren turns up the heat, as the Mustang is showing off its cornering prowess.

Anthony is feeling a lot more confident than yesterday, though due in part to Neo's further adjustments to the Challenger.

"The car feels much better than yesterday. I just have to adjust my driving. I asked for slight oversteer on turn-in." Anthony thought.

Mike is merely biding his time, not even attempting to bury his right foot all the way down.

"Go ahead, Neo. Darren is the bait that I cast." Mike thought.

Suddenly, Mike tucks through the inside at turn 1, using its mid-engine layout advantage in braking.

Anthony looks at his left, and he turns the wheel slightly to the left in an attempt to block Mike.

However, Mike held on to the anchors long enough for the Challenger to pass through, entering the hairpin safely.

Anthony breathed a sigh.

"Whew. What a surprise." Anthony thought.

Mike smirks.

"Oh ho... I thought street racers are unpredictable? Wait... you didn't race much on the road, did you? I finally found your weakness." Mike deduced.

"It's never about the car. A clown in an F1 car will still be a clown. People accuse us of relying too much on our cars to win. They are sorely mistaken." Mike thought.

He then adds, "Darren is the prime example. You think Mustangs are crowd killers? You can't even catch him!"

"I don't know what Neo saw in you that you are driving for them." Mike mused further.

The Mustang continues on with its provocation.

As if answering in kind, Anthony makes his move on the hairpin.

The two would then duel it out on the exit.

"I'm getting this." Anthony said.

Darren wasn't able to to prevent Anthony from overtaking, though.

"Shoot. I miscalculated there." Darren said.

Mike would then switch places with Darren.

The GT locks on.

"You may have talent. But clearly you have yet to find a place in this grueling world." Mike thought.

And once again, he teases Anthony at the second hairpin.

Music: Because of You - Jager

"I gave him plenty of room!" Anthony exclaimed.

And then Mike buries the throttle, knowing full well of the mid-engined layout. Anthony is left with no choice but to feather the accelerator.

The GT would then demonstrate its full bravado.

"Now have a taste of Red Bull!" Mike exclaimed.

Anthony's eyes widen upon seeing the sheer pace the GT delivers.

"It's like... seeing a mirage." Anthony remarked, now with Mike's GT out of his sight.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__30.jpeg

"Maybe you should try asking those Ravenwest racers how they felt when we kicked them from their high horses." Mike thought.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__31.jpeg

End of Act 9

Attachments

• Grand Valley - Highway 1__14.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 2
Act 10 - Letting Go

Music: Initial D Sound Files - Attack II

Mike now follows the racing line, as he has successfully taken the lead with a huge margin.

"Sorry, I just have to do this. I know you are skilled, but I am merely being professional. I have a job to keep." Mike mused, referring to Anthony who is having a difficult time managing the Challenger.

Anthony can only do nothing...but to watch his rival fleeing away.

Because of this glaring weakness, Anthony finishes at 5th.

The current standings are as follows:

Third Round Standings:

Argyros - 50

Kesler - 42

Hackett - 41

Christ - 39

Santamaria - 34

Deschamps - 21

Talley - 21

Lautner - 16

Wallner - 16

Geronimo - 11

Mariano - 7

Martinelli - 8

Despite him being leading the overall points, Anthony is not in his element.

Time: 5 pm, one week later

Despite their victory from the third round, Red Bull Ford Powertrains can't afford to rest on their laurels. They are business as usual, having to test their cars in preparation for the next round.

While the GT is being adjusted in the pit garage, Mike was allowed to drive Darren's Mustang, with the owner riding shotgun.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpeg

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__1.jpeg

"This drives nice. You set it well." Mike commented.

"I learned from the best." Darren replied with a smile.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__2.jpeg

But then that smile dissipates as Darren looks at his teammate with concern. It's not about the driving, however.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__3.jpeg

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__4.jpeg

Mike's precision no longer surprises Darren anymore. But what concerns him is the sudden change of demeanor.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__5.jpeg

After that brief stint, Mike returns to the pit lane. The two then take off their helmets and cool themselves down with cans of... Red Bull.

"Mike, mind if I ask you something?" Darren asked.

"Sure. I don't mind. Spill it." Mike replied.

"I guess that pep talk changed you. Are you... okay?" Darren asked.

Mike would then take a sip from his can. Then he responds with, "Yeah. And aren't we supposed to set the bar, as always?"

"Yeah, but to be honest, I think you look troubled." Darren remarked.

Mike then places the Red Bull can aside. Then he sighs.

"You can tell, huh? There's so much I have on my shoulders. Sir Ben did a lot for me too. I know that he favors his adopted son more, but, in a way, I felt that I have grown and flourished under his rather harsh guidance. With that Anthony guy shaking things up, it made me look back on those days. I was being too complacent. If he's still alive... heh heh... he would give me an earful, perhaps right even in front of Red Bull honchos." Mike explained.

"Dude, you can afford to rest. Not everything has to be on your shoulders. Hey, I'm here too. I can pick up the slack." Darren replied.

Mike then smiles and gives a pat on Darren's shoulder.

"Thank you. At least I'm paired with someone sensible. I need a wake up call every now and then." Mike said.

The two then have a brotherly hug, and then Mike stands up to return to his car, as he is now summoned.

Time: 9 pm

As the sun sets in the vibrant metropolis, Team Neo is assessing the weaknesses of the Challenger. The 4th round isn't too far off either, so they work round the clock.

Anthony is discussing with the mechanics.

"Traction is actually good, but I just need more rotation when I enter the turns." he said.

While the chief mechanic is taking notes, Dave arrives and pats on Anthony's back.

"Yo." Dave said.

"Hey." Anthony replied as he turns back to face Dave.

"Do you have a minute?" Dave asked.

"Sure." Anthony replied.

The two men then excused themselves from the rather chaotic garage. They catch some breeze outside.

"Hey, what's eating you, Tony?" Dave asked.

"Well, I'm just bothered with the car. And 5th place." Anthony replied.

"You dropped to 5th place, and yet you are still leading the championship." Dave said.

"You make it sound that it's completely fine." Anthony said.

"Because it is. Sometimes you have to think of the big picture. The world of racing is big, and cruel. A finish is considered an achievement by itself, and not a measure of mediocrity. Overthinking can cost you. We all want to get first, sure. But the thing is, EVERYONE recognizes your efforts. A true winner knows when he's beat. Those legends you look up to? They took losses in stride. This is no longer street racing anymore where the winner only gets the cred. Graduate from that. You are no longer some ruffian racing in the streets of Manhattan who got busted. Now, you are a pro. Step up your mindset too." Dave replied.

"That team really changed you, huh? What about that promise of yours? What happened to banding together and opening up a shop? Have you forgotten about that? I'm not the only one you left behind after you got in jail." Anthony said.

Dave clenches his fists. That statement hit him like a truck. He looks down at the pavement, then breathes out a deep sigh.

"I'm doing it one at a time. It's never easy to win back trust. I came back here, because I knew out of everyone in the crew, you were the most hurting. The most disappointed one. You wanted to get in the big leagues and yet I failed to let that happen. And now... I'm making it happen. We have people here, right in this garage, though not ours, helping US achieve our dreams."

Then Dave looks away, puts his hands on his waist, then looking up the night sky.

"I was served a huge humble pie. And I gladly ate it all. Then maybe I should have shared some of it to you too." Dave said.

Then suddenly, they hear a rumbling sound of a V8 engine, approaching them.

West 16th Street_.jpeg

They see an orange C8 Corvette, stopping in front of the gate. Upon killing its engine off, two men are seen alighting the car.

It's Isaiah and Gordon.

"Oh, it's Dave. And Neo is here." Isaiah said.

"Good evening. We're just here, wanting to confirm that your garage is in this address. Pardon us for stalking, but we wish to speak to Anthony Argyros. I am Gordon Kesler, representing Andretti Motorsports." Gordon said.

"Me?" Anthony asked, looking at Dave who is equally surprised.

"We have time. Let's head to the office." Dave said, then he lets the visitors in. He also summons Abel Kern to join them in this brief discussion.

Dave opens up all the lights in the meeting room. Anthony quickly removes some piles of books and other tools while dusting off the table.

"Pardon us, we just acquired this building back. We are still renovating it as we speak." Dave said.

"We don't mind. We are only here on short notice." Gordon said.

"So, what reason do you have for you to warrant this meeting?" Abel asked.

"We're here because we saw a lot of potential from Mr. Argyros. Putting up an upset on Red Bull? That's the kind of talent that Andretti Motorsports needs." Gordon said.

"But... I'm still in this championship." Anthony replied.

"We are aware of that." Isaiah said.

"Anthony's contract is non-binding. Once this championship is over, he's freelance." Abel said.

Anthony nods.

"Even then, you still have two more rounds to prove yourself. The message is simple. Win over Red Bull, and then we'll talk business." Gordon said.

Anthony briefly looks at Abel, and then to Dave.

"Okay. I'll give that a shot." Anthony answered, with a smirk. Then he adds, "Maybe I should now go see the bigger picture."

End of Act 10

Act 11 - New Direction

The guests from Andretti Motorsports take their leave. Dave and Abel look at Anthony. A piece of paper falls from the pile as silence permeates.

"Uh... did I just say that out of the blue?" Anthony asked.

"Well, did you?" Abel asked back.

"Sorry, it felt awkward, but..." Anthony said.

"No no no. That's completely fine. If you feel that you have better prospects with them, then we respect your decision." Abel said.

"He's right. Things like that do happen in the racing world. But that doesn't mean I'll leave your side." Dave said.

"I can always choose to stay..." Anthony said.

"Andretti can give you a better perspective. Time to explore other avenues. You have the green light. A grand opportunity awaits you. Better seize it." Abel said.

"Thank you, Mr. Kern. And to Dave, don't you worry... I'm not going to make your efforts go to waste. I'll see that bigger picture you are saying." Anthony said.

Dave gives a pat on Anthony's shoulder.

"Congrats. Hey, don't feel down about this, okay?" Dave said.

The 4th round commences. A rolling start procedure was decided, to give parity.

Anthony, now facing a potential new prospect, re-aligns his focus.

"I've been lost before. And I think if I didn't say yes, I would still be seen as a stuck-up. I have to get real. The circuit isn't BAD at all." he thought.

With the lights set off, all cars roar at full throttle. The Challenger is set up to the best of Neo's know-how.

Music: Manifold Love - Hotblade

But of course, the Red Bull Fords have countermeasures. They got the data of the Challenger's lap times and as well as tire usage in its previous rounds.

Anthony makes his charge.

And when Darren's Mustang made an opening, Anthony dives in.

"No! Completely missed him!" Darren exclaimed.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__6.jpeg

Now that Anthony takes the 2nd spot, Mike shifts his strategy.

"There's no playing around anymore. You are out for blood. But let's see if you can snag me." Mike thought.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__7.jpeg

"We definitely know what that Challenger can and can't do. And this car is prepped to duke out against you." he added.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__8.jpeg

"Data-gathering is nothing new in the world of motorsport. I know that might seem questionable, but you know thy enemy, as one would say."

Anthony's eyes widen, as he sees the GT inching away.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__10.jpeg

"Whoa... that's a tall order." Anthony remarked.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__11.jpeg

But then he smirks.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__12.jpeg

"Andretti Motorsports has gotten another driver... AND THAT'S ME!" Anthony exclaimed. A fire is lit in his heart. A sign that he has truly chosen this new path.

Darren can only be mesmerized at the speed of that bright green Challenger.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__13.jpeg

"Neo has a screw loose. I can't believe this. Hang in there, Mike." Darren thought.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__14.jpeg

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__9.jpeg

Mike would then smile.

"Never have I smiled like this before. When was the last time? Well then, come on, Anthony!" Mike thought.

End of Act 11

Last edited:
Act 12 - Supercharged

The tension intensifies, as Mike now got the green light for him to follow his record time attack line.

However, Mike was partly in doubt. He thought, "Why would the team instruct me to go all out? Are they still underestimating Neo's capabilities?"

Meanwhile, Anthony is pumped up. The adrenaline is gushing is all over.

"I don't give a damn on how sophisticated and organized you are. It's the skills doing all the talking!" Anthony thought, with his right foot all the way down on the throttle.

Mike can hear the Challenger's supercharger high-pitch whine loud and clear.

"The more I hear that thing, the more I get determined to not give any quarter. I hate supercharged engines. Turbos are far better. You don't even see an F1 car running on those whiny things." Mike thought.

Upon entering the Corkscrew, Anthony braked in rather too late, prompting him to aggressively turn the wheel to make the heavy Challenger rotate.

Then he caresses his right foot on the accelerator on the downhill exit.

Anthony mused, "Whew... that was close. I really gotta hand it to those Neo guys. Dave has found one hell of a team."

The spectators can't take their focus away on that bright green Challenger seen as an underdog. Gordon Kesler is among them, smiling and slowly nodding.

"Keep it up, Anthony. Eventually the FIA will reconsider. Andretti needs someone with passion in racing, not a robot." Gordon thought.

Anthony makes his charge.

"Locked on!" Anthony exclaimed.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__8.jpeg

Music: Face Down - Hotblade

Mike's eyes widen as he sees the Challenger taking the inside on Corkscrew entry.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__9.jpeg

Although he got the upper hand on the exit...

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__10.jpeg

...Anthony decides to employ a disturbance tactic.

Mike feels the tap, and with his car losing balance, he immediately saws the wheel.

"Argh!" Mike exclaimed.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__11.jpeg

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__12.jpeg

Anthony puts his foot down.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__13.jpeg

"Oh sorry, I don't think that really counts as sophisticated, does it?" Anthony said with a sarcastic tone.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__14.jpeg

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__15.jpeg

Dave then comments over the radio, "Nice move! Andretti peeps will surely love that."

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__16.jpeg

The 4th round is now ticked off with a victory for Neo, after having a sour taste from the previous one.

Fourth Round Standings:

Argyros - 70

Hackett - 59

Christ - 54

Kesler - 43

Santamaria - 42

Deschamps - 31

Lautner - 28

Talley - 24

Wallner - 18

Geronimo - 15

Mariano - 13

Martinelli - 13

End of Act 12

Act 13 - Intelligence

Savoring their 4th round victory, Neo organizes a pizza party, and although Abel deems it unhealthy, he relents and gets in the spirit of the celebration.

Large bottles of soda and piles of pizza boxes fill the conference room, with the entire crew forming a line to help themselves of the spoils.

Dave says, "Yeah, we'd better expand this room. This looks like a beeline for some tornado shelter or something. Pizza for everyone! No holding back!"

Anthony chuckles. He takes a sip of the soda from the large plastic cup.

He then looks at Anthony.

"All right, everyone, this will be one final push for Anthony. I know it was short, but I am proud of him. He never gave up on his dream all along. Let us be the stepping stone he'll never forget." Dave said.

Anthony replies with, "Can't you be any more cheesy? But... thank you. This should mark a great start for a dream that was once halted. I will make sure every effort you made will be all worth it. Cheers."

He raises his cup, and so do the others.

"Cheers!" Abel exclaimed.

And the lively mood returns once the team resume their feast.

Location: Red Bull Ford Powertrains Satellite HQ, Detroit, Michigan
Time: 7 pm, the next day

Back in one of Red Bull Ford Powertrains' satellite headquarters, Mike and Darren were summoned by their manager, Ash.

In front of them is the final version of what they'll use as their steed for the upcoming VLN 24 Hours.

Darren reacts with, "Nice. Looks meaner, but they simplified the livery, then."

"This is it. The car you'll use for the VLN. Just let Neo win the final round. We'll overlook this championship, Mr. Hackett. You want to be in Formula 1, right? Focus on the bigger things. Our investment in the American Touring Car Championship is mere chump change compared to our Formula 1 program." Ash explained.

He then added, "Helmut is watching. He has taken a great interest in you. Don't disappoint."

Ash smirks at Mike before he can take his leave. Mike crosses his arms, aiming squarely at the racing car.

"Chump change. Heh. How easy for these guys to dismiss this." Mike remarked.

"We just have to give everything we got." Darren replied.

"Neo is not to be underestimated. I hope those guys in Austria are taking notes." Mike said.

Mike then walks away.

"Where are you going?" Darren asked.

"I'm catching the next flight to New York. Final round is days away." Mike replied.

"Oh right. The Glen." Darren commented with a sigh.

*********************************************************************************************

Time: 2 days later

While Neo has secured a temporary storage facility nearby Watkins Glen and placed their bearings...

S_Company East_.jpeg

...Anthony has elected to go back to his apartment in Queens. Dave followed suit.

While Dave is preparing to go to sleep, he sees Anthony watching videos of races, and even sees a pile of books on the living room table.

"Are you... studying?" Dave asked.

"Oh, sorry." Anthony responded as he pauses the video on the giant flat screen monitor.

"What are those?" Dave further inquired.

"Uh... well, I got a degree on Game Theory. So I'm not just some brief washed up street racer you once knew." Anthony replied.

Dave chuckles, and said, "You didn't tell me you were a college boy back then."

"Everything has its weaknesses. And for something as organized and well-structured Red Bull is, they are easier to crack than they present themselves to be." Anthony replied.

"What are you implying?" Dave asked.

"All I'm saying is, they're not the only ones with big brains and fancy engineering degrees." Anthony answered with a chuckle and a smirk.

Dave smirks back.

Anthony would then say, "Hear me out... I had come up with a strategy."

Dave and Anthony sit down and brainstorm. What the latter comes up with is everyone's guess...

Time: 10 am, qualifying day

The qualifying is in full swing. Dave keeps mum on about what they have discussed on that night, so he just allows the crew to do as they please.

Abel taps on Dave's shoulder to get his attention. Dave takes off his headset.

"Seems like Anthony is quiet." Abel said.

"Oh? Well, it's the final round. Better impress the Andretti peeps." Dave replied.

"And we always surprise the viewers. The ATCC is not really known to have high viewership numbers, but this one is the only exception." Abel remarked.

"It's always satisfying to break the status quo. And then we do that in the global stage next." Dave replied.

Meanwhile, Mike is tackling the racing line with utmost precision.

"This has got to be a joke, right? Neo having the provisional pole?" Mike mused.

Watkins Glen Long Course__6.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__7.jpeg

"Have we stoked their flames? But honestly... this is the motivation I need." he added.

Watkins Glen Long Course__8.jpeg

End of Act 13

Act 14 - Big Brain Game (Part 1)

The next day...

It's the final round. One last push to prove themselves to join the ranks of America's fastest racers. Isaiah Geronimo is in attendance, sitting among the spectators in the grandstand along with his manager, Gordon.

"He got pole. And in a Challenger?" Gordon wondered.

"Any car can turn into serious track weapon. Neo has proven that over and over." Isaiah replied.

The countdown begins...

And away they go. The Challenger's launch weakness is still prevalent, granting Mike an immediate lead.

But for Anthony, he didn't falter.

"I knew this would happen. I took everything into account. Red Bull ain't the only ones playing the information warfare." Anthony thought.

He is, however, able to snatch back 2nd place at the first corner.

From the distance, Mike already hears the Challenger's signature supercharger whine.

"That ear-piercing piece of garbage yaps again. It screams 'Murica all over." he thought.

Music: Movin' Up Moving Now - Jean Lover

"Anthony, how's the car so far?" Dave asked over the radio.

"Tip-top condition. Everything going according to plan." Anthony replied.

However, the pecking order of American performance cars has long dictated the Ford GT to be on top, and despite Neo's best efforts in making the Challenger as track focused as possible, the mid-engined supercar clearly shows the Blue Oval's decades of performance know-how that even destroyed the status quo set by luxury marques such as Ferrari.

Abel is looking at the telemetry, and the opponent data based on the movements in the track map. He notices the GT, representing a blue dot, creating a gap on the technical section.

"The Ford GT is no doubt America's greatest performance machine. To think it toppled the likes of Ferrari shows how well-engineered it is, and we tend to laugh off American performance machines." Abel quipped.

"But so does the Challenger. I am simply in awe how one is able to utilize its other talents. I merely dismissed it as a drag strip toy representative of American excess." he added.

Watkins Glen Long Course__9.jpeg

Anthony is able to wrestle the Challenger into following the racing line.

Watkins Glen Long Course__10.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__11.jpeg

Anthony definitely feels the heft.

Watkins Glen Long Course__12.jpeg

"Yeah yeah... I can't force an elephant to be a ballerina. But don't forget... you are not the only ones with big brains." Anthony confidently, or even perhaps, condescendingly thought.

Watkins Glen Long Course__13.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__14.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__15.jpeg

And then all of a sudden at the start of another lap, Anthony goes into attack.

Watkins Glen Long Course__16.jpeg

Mike firms his grip on the wheel, when he once again hears the supercharger whine loud enough to even enter the cockpit of his car.

Watkins Glen Long Course__17.jpeg

Anthony veers to the right, attempting to take the inside of the chicane.

The extra speed carried thanks to the slipstream allowed the Challenger to take the lead, and at that moment, Anthony slams his right foot on the brake pedal.

Watkins Glen Long Course__18.jpeg

With the better momentum, he finally took the lead.

Watkins Glen Long Course__19.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__20.jpeg

Dave exclaims, "Yes!"

Anthony smirks.

Watkins Glen Long Course__21.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__22.jpeg

Watkins Glen Long Course__23.jpeg

When the spectators see the bright green muscle car finally taking the lead, they shout different exclamations and expletives.

Isaiah smiles.

"I think we found our man." he said.

Watkins Glen Long Course__24.jpeg

"Well, Red Bull, my game begins NOW." Anthony thought, with a chuckle coming afterwards.

End of Act 14

Last edited:
Act 15 - Big Brain Game (Part 2)

Mike observes the fleeting sight of Anthony's Challenger. He clasps his hands tighter on the multi-function steering wheel.

He then muses, "This has blown way out of proportion. We must have miscalculated. Red Bull may have a fair share of rivals, but it is obvious...

"...that we have overlooked on this one."

On to Anthony's end, the lead is quite tranquil.

Dave then makes a report on the radio. "You are the 4 seconds ahead of Hackett. And your car is doing all right."

"Time to commence the other phase of my plan." Anthony replied.

"All right. You are clear. Switch to Fuel Map 3." Dave said.

Anthony toggles the Fuel Map switch on the multi-function steering wheel. He does two clicks upwards, switching to Map 3. It is the ideal balance of lean and rich in the air-fuel ratio.

Mike then notices he's closing to Anthony. "Am I faster? I can see him again." he pondered.

But no use pondering, it is a golden opportunity to strike.

Charlie Kesler isn't too far behind either.

"Mechanical trouble? I am inching much closer." Mike further pondered.

Music: Demon of the Church - Brain 29

"I don't care what happened. You spoiled this opportunity." Mike thought.

Agitation spurs Mike to floor it on the main straight.

Anthony does not show a hint of care as he drops two places.

Mike, further agitated by what it seems to be a mockery by Anthony, now goes onto full offensive.

"Are you playing with me? You took the lead and just handed it to me? Why? Are you generous? What you did is a mockery of the sport." Mike thought.

"Because of that, I will show no mercy!" he added.

Now back to Anthony...

"Okay, we'll go as planned. I'll box for Softs." Anthony said.

He drops his speed as he places the car in the pit entry lane.

"Okay. Box for Softs, copy." Dave replied.

End of Act 15

Last edited:
Act 16 - Underdog

Gran Turismo® 7_20240812193027.jpg

Neo's pit crew make strides in swapping out the rubber to soft compounds. Then the Challenger's fuel tank is being replenished.

During that lull moment, Anthony breathes out a deep sigh. For a few seconds, he closes his eyes.

Then when he hears the fuel hose pulled out, he finally opens them again.

"Okay, you can switch back to Fuel Map 1." Dave said over the radio.

"Copy." Anthony replied.

Now with a fresh set of the grippiest tires available, Anthony exits the pit lane with vigor.

As Dave returns to the pit box, he then reminisces... the night when Anthony planned that strategy.

"Watching Red Bull's recent races including the F1, I can already see the pattern. I am surprised that even its top rivals just found out its weakness."

"It's simple, really. They have focused too much on staying ahead of its toughest adversaries, yet they have discounted this one simple fact:

Even the low-ranking teams have set their sights on them."

"Mathematically, the chances of an underdog prevailing are much lower, but you can't underestimate someone with a huge desire to win."

"That is something you can't quantify. Humanity has always surprised us, hasn't it?"

"I simply have to lead them to think that they are winning, but they can't."

"Red Bull is....

...helpless once that advantage is taken away."

"AND I WILL BE THE ONE TAKING IT."

"I have already come up with a plan, the pit strategy and the fuel mapping. I need the utmost cooperation of EVERYONE in the team to pull this off."

Dave smirks.

"All along I thought you were just some hot-headed street racer in Manhattan. You are destined to much greater things. Andretti can definitely have you in their ranks. You already got our blessing."

Mike once again sees a green speck on the rear view mirror.

"There he is. He caught up in just a few laps?"
Mike wondered.

And in mere moments, Anthony takes back the lead.

"Missed me?" Anthony asked.

Mike's eyes widen as he sees the Challenger setting a massive gap.

"What's going on? We have definitely assessed the Challenger's strengths and weaknesses, and even ran a simulation against it on a sim rig. But how come...?" Mike pondered.

Music: F1 Theme (Extended) - Brian Tyler

Dave then opens up the radio, saying, "Hey, mind your rubber. This track is known for eating tires for breakfast."

And it surely makes that fact known. Anthony can already feel vibrations from the steering wheel.

"Right. I almost forgot.... and I think I'll be boxing in soon. We have Mediums, right?" Anthony asked.

"Yes. Just take care out there." Dave replied.

The Challenger simply cannot mask its weakness despite Anthony's prudent planning. It's starting to run wide on the bends.

"The Challenger is flailing. It sure did put up one hell of a fight. But you can't mask the fact that our car is better in every single metric." Mike deduced, as he buries the throttle on the corner exit.

"Yeah, I think the left front tire is helpless. I'll box for Mediums. No refuel." Anthony said over the radio, as he can no longer tolerate the excessive feedback from the steering wheel.

"Copy." Dave replied.

Mike briefly looks at the Challenger pitting in.

"I hope you're not running out of steam." Mike thought, as he soldiers on.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240812193027.jpg

However, not everything lasts...

...as the tires on Mike's GT are starting to show signs of wear as well.

Watkins Glen Long Course__17.jpeg

"Argh... I haven't worn out the tires this much before. Kesler's on my back too. This is how pressure takes its toll." Mike mused.

Back there, the Challenger once again makes its charge with Medium tires.

Watkins Glen Long Course__18.jpeg

"I might have miscalculated. Never thought this track would be merciless on the tires. At least Neo's got a backup plan." Anthony thought.

Thanks to the leading cars dropping their paces, Anthony easily joins them.

Watkins Glen Long Course__19.jpeg

And overtakes them as if they are on a standstill.

Watkins Glen Long Course__20.jpeg

"No way... he recovered that fast?! Is that Challenger even eligible to begin with?! No..." Mike thought, as he is gobsmacked with the ridiculousness of it all.

Watkins Glen Long Course__21.jpeg

And he has no choice but to box. Even perfection has its limits...

Gran Turismo® 7_20240812193538.jpg

Even with only three laps left, the gap is vast enough to assure Neo of another victory.

"Bring it home, Anthony! You own this round." Dave exclaimed.

"Hell yeah! That'll show those RB punks." Anthony replied.

Watkins Glen Long Course__22.jpeg

After those three laps, the checkered flag is finally waved. The crowds cheer loudly. Isaiah and Gordon smile, clapping hands.

Watkins Glen Long Course__23.jpeg

"Seems like we gotta print a contract on Monday." Isaiah said.

"Oh god, please... not on a Monday." Gordon replied with a demotivated tone.

The entire Neo crew is jovial, celebrating their first ever championship win since their inception.

Final Points:

Argyros - 90

Hackett - 71

Santamaria - 60

Christ - 56

Kesler - 53

Deschamps - 35

Lautner - 31

Talley - 29

Martinelli - 28

Wallner - 26

Mariano - 19

Geronimo - 16

Once the victory lap has ended, Anthony returns to the pit garage, and meets the overly joyous crew.

"You did it. We achieved our first ever championship win. This will go down in our books. We will forever be grateful to you." Abel said.

A tearful Anthony replies, "I have no words... I... finally... did something great. No longer some street ruffian anymore."

Dave approaches his friend, and gives a brotherly hug.

"Hey college boy. Congrats. You finally did it." Dave said.

"So.... are you finally happy?" Anthony asked.

"More than happy. I've finally fulfilled it. More than I bargained for, actually. Wherever you go from here on out, I'll be watching you... and I got your back as well." Dave replied.

On the podium, having won the overall, Anthony stands on top, smiling under the bright afternoon sun. A large trophy is handed over to him, and then a massive confetti drop ensues to close off the championship.

End of Act 16

Act 17 - Mike's Woes

A week has passed...

...in a quaint suburb in Pennsylvania, an hour nearby the border to New York, lies a chalet style home. It gives off an appearance similar to Swiss chalets in ski towns, but with modern twists such as large window panes at the facade, adorned with equally sized velvet curtains.

Inside, at the kitchen, is Mike waiting for his coffee to brew. But it isn't just any coffee bean from a supermarket. They are sourced all the way from Peru.

As the smoke clears from the brewing machine, he then prepares his cup.

The chirps of the birds were then interrupted by an arrival of a large pickup truck at the driveway. Mike hears it clearly, as the home is situated well far away from the others. He turns off the machine and then goes to the living room, and as he reaches for the front door he hears a doorbell ring. He then pulls the double doors open. His eyes widen, as he sees two individuals right in front of him.

His parents. Tamara and William Hackett. The former wears a long pastel blue trenchcoat with a matching hat, while the latter wears a checkered blue shirt topped with a leather vest. He wears jeans with leather shoes at the bottom.

Mike looks at his mother briefly with a smirk, but then quickly changes to a scowl once he gazes at his father.

"Good morning, Mike." Tamara greeted, then proceeds to hug her son. Mike doesn't reciprocate the gesture, however, as he still looks at his father with scorn.

"Well, I think you should get dressed. Let's have a Sunday lunch." Tamara added.

"Not coming. Not with him around." Mike replied.

"Come on, Mike. This is the only time we'll get together." she said.

"Mike, I'm on borrowed time." William responded.

Mike then looks at his father from head to toe. His posture does seem to convey that he is the picture of good health.

"Nice trick William. Won't work on me this time around." Mike said.

"He's telling the truth." Tamara replied.

Mike smirks.

"Let me know when he croaks, then I'll join you next Christmas." Mike says as he turns his back to the two of them and attempt to close the door. Tamara, however, grabs hold of Mike's right arm.

"Mike! Please!" Tamara pleaded.

"Sorry mom, the answer stands." Mike said.

"I know you and your father got off on the wrong foot, but he just wants to see you for one last time." Tamara said.

"There. He saw me now. He can wilt away freely as he wishes." Mike says as he forcibly lets go of his mother's grip. The doors slam shut.

"Let him be. I deserve that. Let's go. I've seen him enough." William said.

The pair would then leave. Mike goes back to the kitchen, getting the utensils hastily and with force. He then pauses to take a deep sigh.

Then suddenly, he sees his phone on the table ringing. It's Darren. He smiles.

"Hello?" Mike answered.

"Oh hey, Mike. I've got nothing to do this Sunday. My family bailed out. Emergency, they said. Let's go to church then lunch out." Darren said.

"Sure. No problem. I was actually waiting for you. Let me just take a shower." Mike replied with a smile.

"All right. See you at your place. I'm heading there." Darren said.

Mike ends the call and then proceeds to pour the coffee on his mug.

Two hours later, the two men are at a restaurant. They helped themselves with steak with baked potatoes on the side. Darren quickly notices Mike's somber expression.

"Yo, Mike. You okay? You seem down. Noticed that while I was driving." Darren remarked.

"My parents came. They've got guts to invite me over." Mike replied.

"Oh." Darren reacted.

"Mom said William is on borrowed time. I am just waiting for THAT TIME to come." Mike said.

"What happened next?" Darren further inquired.

"They just left. I can't stand seeing William. You know why." Mike said.

Darren takes a chunk of the baked potato and consumes it. Then he says "Well, they will insist. Don't be surprised to see them again next week."

"I no longer care. If they want to camp out in the foyer, then so be it. As if scars are easy to disappear. It's so easy for parents to just forget what they have done to their children and yet they have the balls to be nice when we grow up. It's so easy for parents to assert their authority just because they are big and older. It's so easy for them to trip on power as if it's a drug. At least yours fit the definition of being true parents. How are they holding up?" Mike said.

"They're doing fine. It's just that they have an emergency. Mom had to visit her sister in the hospital due to a mishap. So I have all the fun for myself today. Hehe." Darren replied.

"Next week, we'll be in Detroit again and business as usual. The team just swept this championship under the rug." Mike said.

"Well, it's not a waste of investment after all. We still got some more sponsors." Darren replied.

"Super Formula is where it's at. I'm pouring everything there. Once that VLN 24 hours thing is dealt with, I'll redirect my focus on that. Just so that I can completely erase William in my head and the fact that he is about to croak." Mike said.

Time: 1 pm, the next day

The week once again begins in the Neo headquarters in Germany like a total routine. Everything is in order with the employees, mechanics, and drivers doing their respective tasks. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

Dave is in the large garage, looking at the Mercedes-AMG GT3 specially tuned for the VLN.

S_Company East_.jpeg

"You say it's making over 600 horsepower?" Dave asked.

"Power has to be bumped up since there are actual hypercars in the fray." Abel replied.

"Neat." Dave reacted.

"I just got contact from Anthony. He said that he has officially signed a contract with Andretti Motorsports. I sent him regards." Abel said.

"I'm finally happy. I'm free. Now... it's time for me to truly start again." Dave said.

Abel places his hand on Dave's shoulder.

"Welcome to the family." Abel said.

In Laguna Seca, a magazine shoot takes place. Cameras are positioned. But who and what are the subjects?

pit-lane-laguna-seca_-jpeg.1373911

Apparently, it just happened to be a testing session for the newly re-organized Brawn GP racing team. The Super Formula machine is adorned with the white and lime green color scheme with its driver wearing matching racing overalls. The driver in question is none other than Barry Ragdall, a British race car driver who also works as a seasonal car reviewer for Unicorn Media's automotive show in Europe.

However, he isn't alone...

...as Red Bull Ford Powertrains is also in one of the pit garages, not minding the commotion outside at all. Mike is exuding his usual air of professionalism. He just waits for the magazine camera crew to wrap up in order for testing to begin.

Curiosity does take hold of his mind, and he looks out.

"Brawn GP... wasn't that a defunct team?" Mike wondered.

The shoot wrapped up in half an hour. Brawn GP is also about to resume their testing. Mike walks closer to further pique his curiosity.

Barry immediately notices the American race car driver.

"Oh, lovely afternoon to you too. So, we're not alone here at all. Barry Ragdall. Nice to meet you." Barry greeted, then reaches out his hand.

Mike reciprocates the gesture, saying "Nice to meet you too. I'm Mike Hackett. Red Bull Ford Powertrains. And... Brawn GP?"

"Oh yes. Mr. Jenson Button facilitated the revival of this team. And... he took me in, taught all the tricks of the trade." Barry replied.

"I see. That's a wonderful deed. You're here to test too, I assume?" Mike asked.

"Oh yes. But don't worry, I can always stay out of your way if you're running too." Barry replied.

"No no. Don't hold back. My car's ready too. I don't mind having a little bout." Mike said, showing his trademark condescending smirk he learned from the late Sir Ben.

Barry nods while keeping his smile. "All right then. I don't mind."

Then the two men return to their respective garages. Mike has something to look forward to.

When everything is set, both cars head out of their garages. Darren is being aware of this as well.

"I just hope Mike takes it easy. It's a shakedown." Darren thought.

And when their warm up is done with, the cars then blast away at full throttle at the starting line.

Music: Tekken 8 OST - Streak of Blue

"I know your exploits, Red Bull. It's an honor to be under the tutelage of Mr. Jenson Button. Therefore, I can't let it go to waste." Barry thought.

Mike is taken by surprise by Barry's speed.

"I am supposed to take this easy since this is a shakedown. But... man is he fast." Mike thought.

"There is a reason why I gave myself the moniker "BARRY R." I hope you get the play on words." Barry said.

"It must be such an honor to be train under a champion F1 driver. I must say, I'm quite jealous." Mike said, as he observes the white Formula car fleeting away.

By the exit of Corkscrew, the Brawn GP car is completely out of sight. Mike clasps the steering wheel tighter.

"I'm the barrier you must break through. Can you do that, Red Bull?" Barry said.

End of Act 17

Last edited:
Act 18 - Venturing Beyond

After that brief stint, the two drivers decided to return to the pit lane.

They get in their respective pit boxes, and as Mike removes his helmet, he says "I think we have gotten data from that run.

It's still a good shakedown." then he walks out.

He straightens his hair back, and then upon approaching Barry, he pats on his shoulder.

"Oh hey." Barry reacted.

"Nice run. Mind if we share a few words?" Mike asked.

"Sure. Let's head out." Barry replied.

The two men head off near the trackside, distant enough from their pit garages, overlooking the main straight.

"You're fast. And you're a breath of fresh air from the usual Formula driver. You seem... relaxed." Mike said.

"Relaxed?" Barry replied with a sigh. "Oh... far from it, chap. Now's the only time for me to actually breathe."

"You and me both, then." Mike remarked.

"I'm glad... at least I'm not the only one with a huge skeleton in the closet." Barry says as the gust of wind blows.

Inside the Brawn GP's garage, Barry's phone shows multiple missed call notifications...

...from a caller named Sophy.

Time: 3 pm, the next day

Veils come off. The Super Formula crew prepare themselves for cleaning the two new cars.

Then two men enter the facility, being Isaiah and Anthony, with the latter now officially joined in Andretti Motorsport's training program.

Pit Garage_.jpeg

"Here they are." Isaiah said.

Anthony grins.

"I'll be driving one of those, huh?" Anthony asked.

"Of course. Mr. Andretti saw potential in you coming from your surprise upset of Red Bull." Isaiah replied.

"It's going to be one heck of a ride." Anthony remarked.

"Indeed. Your first assignment is the VLN, 24 Hours of Nurburgring." Isaiah said.

"24 hours, huh?" Anthony commented.

"We have a dedicated team for that, and Mr. Andretti himself will personally watch you. Think you are up for the challenge?" Isaiah asked.

Anthony smirks, as his eyes aim squarely at the Super Formula machine.

"Absolutely." Anthony replied.

Time: 12 pm, the next day

Now crossing over to the other side of the Atlantic...

...back to the Red Bull Ring in Austria. It's a sunny noon, and while most of the populace are enjoying their lunch break...

Red Bull Ring_.jpeg

...Benjamin Kanonji is pushing himself to, perhaps, past his limits.

Red Bull Ring__1.jpeg

The RBR Super 23 hits every apex, following the ideal racing line of this notoriously restrictive circuit.

Red Bull Ring__2.jpeg

Red Bull Ring__3.jpeg

The Super Formula car clears the tricky first corner without any loss of balance, but that took a lot of effort from Little Ben.

Red Bull Ring__4.jpeg

Red Bull Ring__5.jpeg

Red Bull Ring__6.jpeg

Benjamin has his right foot flat down on the throttle, taking on the high speed bends using all the available downforce the Dallara chassis can muster.

Red Bull Ring__7.jpeg

Then he slightly turns the wheel to the right, still his right foot flat on the accelerator.

Red Bull Ring__8.jpeg

Blades of glass were being kicked, as he ventured further inside the apex.

Red Bull Ring__9.jpeg

As the car crosses the start-finish line, his teammate Cesar Vasquez at the pit lane presses the stopwatch.

"1 minute and 14.5 seconds." Cesar says over the radio.

"Huh?" Benjamin replied. Then upon entering turn 1...

Red Bull Ring__10.jpeg

...he steps on the accelerator, however...

Red Bull Ring__11.jpeg

...Benjamin's eagerness cost him. He applied too much throttle on the corner exit, losing control as a result.

Red Bull Ring__12.jpeg

"NO!" Benjamin exclaimed.

As the car halts safely on the grass, he slams his fist on the steering wheel.

He hyperventilates... then he ponders.

"He sat on this very car yesterday and drove it casually around this track. And yet he's 3 SECONDS FASTER! He set his eyes on me... and I can't let him see me like this!" Benjamin thought.

Cesar got wind of the predicament, and then he speaks over the radio. "Mijo, don't let that Dutch lion get over your head. You are you. Remember that. He might have given you pointers, but don't take them all in an instant. Let's have lunch."

Benjamin breathes out a sigh.

"Okay. I'm getting hungry..." Benjamin replied.

Time: 6 pm

The sun is about to set in the French capital. People now call it a day and decide to either head to their homes or spend some hours in restaurants or cafes.

Place de la Concorde_.jpeg

But not for Gerhard Kern. He arrives at the headquarters rather in haste. The bystanders pay attention to that bright Gulf blue supercar entering the parking area.

Gerhard makes his way to Noel's office. At the corridor, he sees the FIA president shaking hands with none other than Adrian Newey.

As he goes closer, Newey turns around and also exchange pleasantries with Gerhard.

"Oh good evening, Mr. Newey. What a surprise seeing you here." Gerhard said.

"Mr. Chevalier and I had a fruitful discussion. But for now it's best that it's just between the two of us for now." Newey said.

"All right. Well, I guess it would be something magical." Gerhard remarked.

"That's the hint I'm only leaving for now. Anyway, I must take my leave. See you again, Mr. Chevalier, and Mr. Kern." Newey said as he waves his hand goodbye leaving the premises.

Now it's just Gerhard and Noel in the corridor. The two men enter in the office.

"So... why did you summon me?" Gerhard asked, as he sits on the chair facing across Noel.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask, mon ami. It's not about racing." Noel replied.

"Then what is it?" Gerhard asked further.

Noel pours his bottle of scotch on the glass filled with ice. He takes a sip, then briefly looks up at the ceiling before facing Gerhard.

"How to be... a good father?" Noel asked sheepishly.

"Huh?" Gerhard replied, with his eyes widened showing concern.

"You know Alphonse Blanchard, right? I'm sure you've met him in the World Touring Car Championship." Noel said.

"Yes, and...?" Gerhard asked.

"He's my son. Never thought that I bore one out of my dalliances. I need your advice." Noel said, as he puts down his glass on his desk with a little bit of force.

Hearing that, Gerhard shows a somber expression. Out of all the persons to ask...

THE END

Last edited:

Chevalier Cover Photo.jpg

CHEVALIER

Noel Chevalier - the new president of the FIA - despite his wealth of racing experience, is facing his toughest challenge yet:

A skeleton in the closet which he is unaware of, that will soon see the light of day.

NEW CHARACTERS:

Barry Ragdall

Nationality: British

Background: Barry Ragdall is a well-established race car driver in the United Kingdom having recently signed in the recently-revived Brawn GP Super Formula racing team under the guidance of an F1 stalwart named Jenson Button. He also works as a freelance car reviewer, mostly under the employ of Unicorn Media testing cars all over Europe aside from the British isles.

He has a pretty normal yet happy family life, bonding with his wife Sarah and his son Luca in racing breaks.

In the racing circles, Barry is known by his moniker, "Barry R." (a play on the word "barrier") due to his defensive driving style that attempts to test his opponents' patience and will outrun them if they wavered.

However... he hides a dark secret that threatens to destroy everything he achieved, including his family.

Hugo Deschamps

Nationality: Canadian

Background: Not much is known about Hugo Deschamps, apart from the fact that he hails from Quebec and had a decent result in the recently concluded American Touring Car Championship.

He is then sought out by Noel Chevalier. What would the FIA president want from him?

Sofia Mendes

Nationality: Monegasque

Background: Sofia Mendes, also known as "Sophy" in her social circles, is a successful supermodel all over Europe. High-end brands left and right would race to win her over in their contracts. She was born in Spain but she and her family moved to Monaco at an early age due to her father's improving business prospects.

She is more than just an ideal image of beauty, however, as she is also a graduate of high honors in the Côte d'Azur University in Nice, France under Bachelor of Arts in Technology program.

On to her personal life behind the glamour, Sophy was once Barry's flame. The two have been dating and took their relationship to the next level when they were in the peak of their careers. However, their differing prospects would ultimately lead the pair to part ways for good.

However, one night, the pair reunited in Cannes, France. They shared a passionate night together having let their long-kept urges known. This would ultimately set an entirely new trajectory for both of them.

Timeline: Set after the events of Stars & Stripes story arc.

Act 1 - Preparations

Time: 2 pm

The quiet hills viewing the French riviera have met a roaring noise coupled with pops and bangs.

Col de Turini_.jpeg

It turns out to be a white Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V specially modified for... rallying. But there is no such event taking place at all.

Col des Champs_.jpeg

The driver is none other than the FIA President himself - Noel Chevalier. He isn't the typical CEO that just sits behind a large desk barking out orders and/or holding meetings left and right. Just like the other heads before him, he too has a wealth of experience behind the wheel. Noel may have raced in various disciplines, but rallying is something that he keeps close to his heart.

Préalpes d’Azur Regional Natural Park_.jpeg

Gorges de Daluis_.jpeg

He would then find time to polish his driving skills, showing lack of fear in the narrow mountain roads of Col de Turini.

After that show of skill, Noel lets his right foot off the throttle. He breathes out a sigh.

A few hours of traveling later, he stops by at a certain street in Marseilles. He then proceeds to buy coffee from a cafe right in front of the home of one Alphonse Blanchard. He has tracked down the address immediately after reading the paternity test.

Beuvron-en-Auge_.jpeg

He takes a sip from the cup, then looks at the simple domicile in front of him. Alphonse's grandparents, Jacques and Soiree come out. Immediately, the pair notice the president staring right at them.

Jacques shows an obvious scowl on his face. He would then nudge his wife. "Let's go." he said, as the pair continue to walk down the street heading to the nearest grocery store.

Time: 7 pm

Hangar-7_.jpeg

The sun may start setting, but it isn't yet the end of the day for some employees of the Red Bull racing team.

Cesar Vasquez arrives at the headquarters, as he is scheduled to meet up with Mike Hackett.

After securing the parking space, Cesar immediately heads over to the place where Mike is waiting. He sees the Ford GT LM race car to be raced at the upcoming Nurburgring 24 Hours.

Hangar-7__1.jpeg

"So this is what we are driving?" Cesar asked.

"It's been thoroughly modified and tested in Milton Keynes. The big boss expects at least a podium result." Mike replied.

"Tall order. But honestly that's nothing we couldn't handle." Cesar remarked.

"Hmph. Competition has gotten stiffer. Alpine BWT now has an aggressive social media campaign of their stint in the race. Expect to see familiar faces on the paddock." Mike said.

"I honestly don't care who I trifle with. I just race. I fear no one." Cesar replied with a smirk.

Location: Unicorn Media main headquarters, Stuttgart, Germany
Time: 9 am, the next day

The next day is a typical busy weekday in the Unicorn Media. News articles are being submitted as deadlines are to be met.

Mila Janson, walks through the cubicles holding sheets of paper. Those are all signed documents that she is to keep. She returns to her office room, sitting down behind her computer. The papers are then stashed in a folder in the drawer underneath her desk.

As she is clicking through the documents she has to proofread, she hears a knock on the door. She looks behind.

It's Barry Ragdall.

Mila smiles and stands up. "Barry!" she says as she approaches him and give a hug.

"How is our fastest lady in the office?" Barry asked.

"Oh please, stop with that." Mila replied.

"No really, you beat me in a sim race a month ago." Barry said.

"Hehehehe. I was probably on a drunken stupor." Mila said.

The two then have a stroll around the office, looking around the operations.

"Well, I heard that our car for the race is already here." Barry said.

"Really?" Mila asked.

"I went here to personally inspect it. And I was asked to review a Porsche." Barry replied.

Mila's superior, a middle-aged man named Heinrich Faustermann, approaches the pair.

"Oh, Mr. Ragdall! You're finally here! And Ms. Janson too. Mind if I take you to the parking lot? I'll show you something." Heinrich said.

"Well... sure, sir." Mila replied.

The three head over to a certain space in the headquarter's parking lot. There are some mechanics inspecting the car they will use for the VLN:

Parking Structure_.jpeg

"Oh, so it's finally completed." Mila remarked.

"Yes. We will be competing in the lower classes, but this is Unicorn Media's way of saying thanks to the VLN for choosing us as their media partner. Our correspondents will be scattered around the paddock on that day. I have already assigned them, so no need to worry about that." Heinrich explained.

Mila nods in satisfaction.

"That's great news. That means, I have to hone my driving too. I can't embarass myself, especially with Barry joining us." Mila said.

"Embrace that honor of being the fastest lady in the office. You deserve that moniker." Barry replied with a grin.

Meanwhile, in the Alpine HQ in Dieppe...

Aomori Museum of Art_.jpeg

Noel is present with the official unveiling and inspection of the Renault R.S.01 racing car to compete in the VLN.

"This should be the ideal weapon for Alpine. You need to turn your fortunes around. I am one of your drivers for this, so please make sure everything is in order." Noel said.

Then a man enters the premises. Noel hears the footsteps, and he turns around. He smiles.

"Mr. Hugo Deschamps. You finally came." Noel said.

"Good morning, monsieur. An honor to have finally met you." Hugo said, as he shakes hands with the FIA president.

"Our VLN driver lineup is finally complete." Noel said.

"Complete? Then who are the other two? And where?" Hugo asked.

"Alphonse Blanchard is preoccupied with his studies at the moment, and the other.... he has prior commitments but he will test out the car tomorrow at St. Croix." Noel replied.

Then he adds:

"Well, now that you are here, let us discuss a very important matter in private. Please come with me after this meeting."

Time: 6 pm, the next day

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A_.jpeg

As planned, the car now undergoes vigorous testing. The VLN division is at full attendance, monitoring the car's movements through the screens.

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__1.jpeg

As it currently stands, it seems to be in order, showing impeccable stability in the corners.

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__2.jpeg

And who is this driver also joining the VLN team?

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__3.jpeg

Meanwhile, back in the paddock, Alphonse and Louis arrive and make their way to the pit garage. Alphonse is looking around the activities of everyone in the garage. Alphonse just came from his special study program at the Côte d'Azur University tailored for athletes like him.

"Wow, they are already focused as if it's a real race." Alphonse remarked.

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__4.jpeg

"I always love suprises." Louis said. "And that's the reason we are here. Please wait for it."

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__5.jpeg

"Here we go again. Always keeping me in the dark, monsieur." Alphonse said.

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__6.jpeg

They then hear the car approaching, and they rush out of the pit lane. The car stops and then raised to be moved back inside of the pit garage, with its nose facing the garage opening.

The driver then comes out, removing his racing gloves.

Pit Garage_.jpeg

Alphonse's eyes immediately widen and then he gasps. He recognizes the bright blue helmet design. The driver removes his helmet, revealing a youthful face with short brown hair and a reasonable amount of facial hair.

Alphonse recognizes the man...

"PIERRE GASLY?!" he exclaimed, and shows a wide grin.

End of Act 1

Act 2 - Bind

"Pierre Gasly?!" a starstruck Alphonse exclaimed.

Pit Garage_.jpeg

The shock quickly turned to joy. Alphonse could not believe it. A fellow French driver right in front of his eyes, but not only that... an F1 driver.

"Are you Alphonse Blanchard?" Pierre asked.

Then comes awkward silence. Alphonse is overwhelmed.

"Uh... yes. I am. Nice to meet you, monsieur." Alphonse replied, then proceeds to shake hands with the F1 driver.

"I have heard great things from you. And you will be racing in the Super Formula too? Congratulations!" Pierre said.

A praise coming from an F1 driver. Alphonse's mind has been laden too much of euphoria.

"I can't believe this. THE Pierre Gasly... praising me? An F1 driver?! I can't react properly right now!" Alphonse thought.

Pierre chuckles upon seeing Alphonse's starstruck look.

"Oh, don't be embarrassed. After all, we will be teammates in the Nurburgring 24 hours." Pierre said.

Upon hearing that, Alphonse couldn't even utter a single word.

"NO WAY! Please wake me up. Please wake me up. Tell me this a dream." Alphonse thought.

Louis then proceeds to shake Alphonse by the shoulder.

"Hey, Alphonse, are you okay?" Louis asked.

"Agh... uh... I'm just... overwhelmed right now. It's truly an honor working with you, Mr. Gasly. I honestly never thought this day would come." Alphonse replied.

"I know you would reach the top level of motorsport someday. It will be rough, but always keep on fighting. That's what I did. And... please call me Pierre." Pierre said, reflecting his Super Formula days, and his eventual F1 victory in Monza.

Alphonse shows a big grin, and then gives a brotherly hug to Pierre. It was done on a whim. The two drivers then proceed to share more stories. Louis looks at them both, smiling.

Time: 10 pm, the next day

As the after hours go past by, people have started to return to their homes to end the day.

But not for Louis...

He parks his Bugatti somewhere in Montmartre, waiting for someone.

Sacré-Cœur_.jpeg

A man in a gray trenchcoat with matching fedora walks briskly close to Louis' car. Turns out, it's none other than Rob Hatch. Rob enters at the passenger side.

"You're late..." Louis remarked.

"Apologies, mon ami. MI6 agents aren't the most available persons around." Rob replied.

Louis then accelerates. Rob then takes out a white envelope from the inner pocket of his trenchcoat. He opens it and it turns out to be the DNA results.

Rue des Abbesses_.jpeg

"Well, your suspicions have finally come to light. Noel Chevalier is Alphonse's father." Rob said.

Music: Initial D Sound Files - Todo Juku

Louis tightens his hold on the wheel.

Hôtel de Ville_.jpeg

"However, there is one issue. Could be major or minor depending on how you look at it." Rob said. "Someone actually got hold a copy of this and made its way to Mr. Chevalier himself. I am still investigating as to who and how it got there."

Despite holding his emotions behind the wheel, Rob can clearly see Louis' distraught.

"The moment Alphonse grew to teenage years, I have already seen a large resemblance of Noel. A spitting image, even. Noel back then was on his final years of racing until he became part of the FIA." Louis remarked.

"Noel is one alpha male. He charmed lots... and broke hearts. And now... it's catching up to him." Rob said.

"And that sick le bâtard is going to be Alphonse's teammate in the upcoming Nurburgring race. Sadly, we are now playing the waiting game." Louis said.

"When will the young man find out?" Rob replied with a sigh. "I'll exhaust efforts to stop this leak. I'm sure even Noel won't want that truth coming out to the public... if he is to play the daddy dearest role. It'll also be a huge scandal if beans were spilled."

"I'll hold on to that." Louis said.

Time: 9 am, the next day

The morning is filled with overcast skies. Thunder rumbles moment after moment. Weather forecasts indicate it will rain for two days.

Place de la Concorde_.jpeg

Hugo Deschamps arrives the headquarters in a rented Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car.

After parking, he proceeds straight to Noel Chevalier's office. His appointed time is at 9:30. He waits inside. Hugo then taps his fingers on Noel's desk.

Then he hears a slight creak from the door. It's Noel entering, along with his secretary. The secretary dictates the remaining parts of his schedule.

"Okay, thank you for the reminders. And please make sure to provide snacks for the 3 pm meeting. Thank you, and you may take your leave." Noel said.

The assistant complies and closes the door upon exiting. Noel smiles upon seeing Hugo and approaches.

"There you are. Thank you for coming over on short notice. Do not worry, this will be brief." Noel said, as he heads over to his seat and sits down.

Noel takes out the paper containing the DNA results from the drawer. He then presents it to Hugo. Hugo gets the sheet and reads the details.

"Up to this day, I have no idea who sent this to me. Do you think this is a mere smear campaign?" Noel asked.

"Possible, but this is not the first thing they'd do. I have also looked up on your history, and it seems that this paper is legitimate." Hugo replied.

Noel looks up at the ceiling. It is no ordinary, ceiling, however, as it is filled with artwork. It's an abstract. He breathes out a sigh.

"During my prime, I was, say... energetic. I wanted my youth to be vibrant as ever. After-race parties, gala nights, movie premiere showings, I've been there all. All of those were the rewards of my hard work as a race car driver. And of course, I got to see all kinds of people, interacted with them... and of course.... women. Perhaps it's my charisma that charmed them." Noel explained.

"And then you broke their hearts." Hugo added.

"I was reckless. I only thought of enjoyment... not commitment. And then there's this woman, she was entirely different. She was the only one who saw through me. She understood me, and I understood her. For the first time, I felt committed. Both of us took it to the next level, though due to her nature of work, we kept it private. Olivia Blanchard, the supermodel who captivated France." Noel said. "We spent countless nights being over the moon.... and then that particular day came."

"What happened?" Hugo asked.

"She became suddenly cold. I didn't understand why. She would then cry outbursts about my dalliances, despite me being fully committed. I was broken, but I accepted it. I am foolish. I am stupid. And for 17 years, not a single day passed without worrying about her. I stopped fooling around and focused on changing the racing world through the FIA." Noel added.

"Then she passed on." Hugo replied.

"My heart broke when I heard the news. I tried to find out where she was, and even why she bit the dust, but to no avail as her parents safeguarded that detail to me. They were livid. I spent a few nights drowning my sorrows with my favorite scotch." Noel said. "And then... this. This sheet of paper that will change EVERYTHING."

"I'll look into who gave this." Hugo said.

"Since both of us will be racing with Alphonse in the Nurburgring, we have to watch him over. But of course, I have to keep up appearances. You will play the bigger role. Make sure you keep him from finding out. I will be the one telling him. It will be my problem as to how, but I will manage." Noel instructed. "You were once an agent of the Canadian Secret Intelligence Service, and I will put my faith in your abilities."

"Understood, Monsieur." Hugo said, then the two men both stand up and proceed to shake hands. Their cooperation officially begins.

Time: 4 am, the next day

Just a kilometer away from the Ferrari headquarters, there is a quaint little home situated in a village. Residing there is none other than Giacomo Marelli, who decided to live on his own and bought the house. He refurbished it with the help of his father, Benito.

Giacomo wakes up, having slept in commando. Now that he lives all by himself, he can freely practice this sleeping preference. He uses the sheets to cover up his lower part of the body. Since all the windows of his home are closed, he walks to the kitchen wearing absolutely nothing, after all he is proud of his figure that is a wonderful harmony of lean and bulk along with his towering height of well over 6 feet. He then takes the large jar of whey protein from the cupboard, opens it and uses a measuring cup to take a cupful of protein to put it in his metallic black tumbler filled with water on room temperature. He closes the tumbler then shakes it vigorously so that the contents are blended.

He then consumes the mixture. And after taking in half of it. He returns upstairs to his room, and then puts on his jogging outfit composed of a sleeveless shirt and shorts. He then puts on socks and his running shoes. He goes back to the kitchen and consumes the remaining protein mixture. Next, he performs stretching routines for 10 minutes.

Now that he has the energy, he sets out, doing his morning sprint.

It's still dark and chilly outside, but Giacomo doesn't mind. He then waves his hands as he sees an elderly man who is his neighbor and a fellow morning person.

"Buon giorno." Giacomo greeted as he keeps on his sprint.

He takes in the cold morning air. And then half an hour later, he halts in front of a cafe, which, surprisingly is already open at this hour. Giacomo frequently goes to this particular cafe an hour before he goes to work at Ferrari, but not at the crack of dawn.

"Open already?" Giacomo wondered.

He then gets inside, and is greeted by the lone shopkeeper who is also in the middle of preparing the inventory of breakfast pastries. He can also smell the aroma of cooking dishes.

"You are open at this hour?" Giacomo asked.

"Yes." the female shopkeeper said. "What do you want, sir? The usual?"

"Ah... I need to restock on my coffee. Ran out at home." Giacomo replied.

"I'll be right on it." she said, then she proceeds to go to the stock room behind. As he waits, Giacomo taps his right foot repeatedly. The cafe also offers a picturesque view of the hills outside, prompting its patrons to dine al fresco.

The shopkeeper hands over the products, knowing how much Giacomo needs since he is a frequent customer. They are 10 large packs of locally made coffee powders. After the payment, Giacomo scurries off with the bag, sprinting back to his home.

Upon returning, he places the coffee powders in the cupboard. He then checks his phone for his schedule for today.

"8 am meeting at the HQ. Of course." Giacomo remarked.

The endurance race is inching closer, a team of Ferrari's caliber is expected to be fully prepared, with all the best resources poured in. For Giacomo, these frequent board room meetings are something that he has to get used to, despite his desire to drive every single day.

After hours of morning workout, Giacomo arrives at the Ferrari headquarters, fresh and clean cut as ever. He greets his colleagues and fellow test drivers.

Museo Enzo Ferrari_.jpeg

He sees the FXX-K outside... and a familiar face. It's not Pietro, however.

"Enzo Pianizzi?" Giacomo said.

The recently recovered Enzo greets Giacomo with a handshake. The hatchet has been buried.

"Giacomo... I... I'm sure you've heard of this, but I will also race with you at the Nurburgring." Enzo replied.

Giacomo's grin has widened, followed by a satisfied nod.

"Great to see you back. And of course I'm happy to be working with you." Giacomo said.

"I now have a new path to follow. I'm out of my family's business. Relationship is still rocky, but slowly we're patching up. But I've never been happier." Enzo said.

Giacomo pats Enzo's shoulder.

"Everything is going to be better from now on. I believe in second chances, amico mio." Giacomo said.

With a busy day ahead of them, the two men proceed inside to the board room.

Time: 10 am

Over to Germany, as the hours tick by without people realizing all thanks to the demands of efficiency at work. Takuma Kanonji is delivering sets of documents containing technical matters to respective crew members.

And then in one of the spare garages Neo has, a familiar sight graces in front of him.

S_Company East_.jpeg

"Now that's a sight I haven't seen for a VERY long time. You're terrible at keeping secrets, Takanori." Takuma remarked with a grin.

Abel then joins Takuma in his curiosity.

"No wonder it got noisy last night." Abel said.

"It's a car that holds a special place in our hearts. Takanori, especially." Takuma replied.

"So that answers the question as to why he won't join our team for the race?" Abel asked.

"Very clear indication." Takuma replied, along with a grin.

"So, where is he?" Abel asked.

"He went out to fetch some people. I guess by that he means his crew." Takuma replied.

"Makes sense." Abel remarked.

End of Act 2

Back