Ready to buy cockpit today...but want your input please

• Thread starter lubetek
  • 6 comments
So I did a ton of research and thought I was sure what I wanted but then I came here and saw some negative comments on the pit that i want to buy so I would like to ask you guys a few questions.

I was planning on buying the Volair Sim cockpit. I like many things about it.

Ive read the handful of reviews on it online by a couple of websites and a handful of consumers. All the reviews are pretty damn good. Everyone thinks the seat is fantastic, the cockpit is very adjustable, it comes with nearly every accessory you may need for racing, flight, triple monitor etc, and most importantly everyone claims its very solid, sturdy and planted.

Now I have heard some on this site claim its a GT Omega rip off. Ive looked at both cockpits and though there are some likeness they frames aren't identical. And to be honest i don't even care about that.

Now everyone claims the Obutto revolution is the bomb. I agree it looks very nice but at $800 + additional accessories needed for me and shipping I'd be looking at a cost of: $1087.97 (includes table top kit, and flight kit + shipping)

Thats a nice kit but I guess the center flight stick mount isn't adjustable and some people have complained about that.

Now The Volair comes with almost everything I need right off the bat but my two complaints would be the small desktop (though this is doable) and the keyboard tray is much too small compared to the revolution's.

The Volair with the center mount for flight stick will run me: $768 out the door. (A nicer price compared to the Revolution)

Now my third option is the Obutto Ozone.

This cockpit is nice as well. I have read from some reviews that cockpit stability is an issue for some. Comments include: "cockpit feels top heavy and feels like it could tip over"

That said this cockpit is lacking many of the accessories I require but even after buy them I'm still looking at the cheapest option yet at: $627.96

So I would appreciate your comments on these systems. Keep in mind that I don't care about the GT Omega.

Maybe I should clarify what my use for one of these cockpits will be.

I'm planning on completely replacing my desk. I only use my desk at home for web-surfing, and gaming.

I will be using the cockpit for first person shooter gaming, racing sims and flight sims.

My gear:
Single 40" LED LCD
KB/Mouse
G25 wheel, pedals, and shifter
CH Products fighter stick, and pro throttle
Saitek pro flight rudder

So give me your input please and I will consider anything you all have to say. I plan to order one of these cockpits later this morning.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this post!!

Okay so I just purchased the Obutto R3volution and a couple of the accessories I wanted.

When it came right down to it; the quality, fit and finish of the R3volution is what ultimately sold me. Then to top it off the keyboard tray is much nicer and will fill my needs well and the dual acrylic table tops will really help out with my plans and they look great too. The final item that helped me decide is the steering wheel/flight yoke mount being detached from the table tops and able to adjust up/down and tilt. I think this is awesome and I may even use that mounting point for a 2nd 15" LCD or my Ergodex DX1 MFP.

It was more than I wanted to spend but it will last me for many years to come and considering how much I game a wise investment.

Should have bought a Human GT. :)

Never even heard of that one in my search. Just checked it out and its pretty damn cool but no way would it work for me. Sim racing is not my main simming. Flight sims are. The Obutto will work better for this.

Still, it is nice!

I use the Human for Flight sims as well. the main platform is perfect for yokes and the adjustable arms on either side with the flat mouse surface is perfect for flight controls and are infinitely adjustable. Just an FYI.

Back