United States
Engine upgrade levels broken down:
  • Pistons / compression ratio
  • Cam shafts
  • Crank Shafts
  • Rod Lengths
  • Port Polishing
  • Bore size up / sleeve down
  • Remove turbo / supercharger (N/A Tune)
  • Swap supercharger for turbocharger and vice versa
  • Supercharger pully adjustments (smaller pully creates higher RPM supercharger, but makes engine peaky)
  • Dynotune your ECU
  • Waste gate size and settings
  • Additional Engine Bracing (more responsive engine)
  • Intake manifold
  • Carburetors (and carburetor tuning)
Each part will be avalible in level 1, 2, or 3. Making it possible to combine parts from stage 1 with parts from stage 2 or 3.

These tuning options do not have to be licensed parts from real manufacturers, but can rather be a simulation of how these parts work together to make power for different applications. A good for instance would be building an engine for torque rather than horsepower. (yay wheel stands!) This also means that just because you have the same car chassis as the person next to you dosen't mean that the components under the hood are the same.

Yes I want to be able to fit larger valves and modified camshaft on the RX7 and RX8! lol

On a serious note, this is only a good idea if PD remembers to also properly offer special tunning options applicable to rotary engines, like enlarged, bridge, turbo, peripheral and J ports, adding extra rotors, etc.

Engine upgrade levels broken down:
  • Pistons / compression ratio
  • Cam shafts
  • Crank Shafts
  • Rod Lengths
  • Port Polishing
  • Bore size up / sleeve down
  • Remove turbo / supercharger (N/A Tune)
  • Swap supercharger for turbocharger and vice versa
  • Supercharger pully adjustments (smaller pully creates higher RPM supercharger, but makes engine peaky)
  • Dynotune your ECU
  • Waste gate size and settings
  • Additional Engine Bracing (more responsive engine)
  • Intake manifold
  • Carburetors (and carburetor tuning)
Each part will be avalible in level 1, 2, or 3. Making it possible to combine parts from stage 1 with parts from stage 2 or 3.

These tuning options do not have to be licensed parts from real manufacturers, but can rather be a simulation of how these parts work together to make power for different applications. A good for instance would be building an engine for torque rather than horsepower. (yay wheel stands!) This also means that just because you have the same car chassis as the person next to you dosen't mean that the components under the hood are the same.
The tuneing options have been the same since GT2. stage 1,2,3 engine tune and so on. We need more detailed tuneing for example. Cams stage 1 2 3, larger throtlle body, shave head to increase compresion. Bore increase, larger injecters and the ablity to add injecters for turbo cars. higher flowing fuel pumps and stand alone ECM/PCM. I would like to tune My engine to have more torque in the midrange over peak power.

Usually, the object of the game with engine tuning is to advance the ignition timing as far as possible while leaning out the fuel mixture as much as possible, and run as much boost as possible until the engine is on the threshold of detonation. Push any of these systems any further and the engine will pop. The only way to push the engine harder is to add the higher performance hardware like forged internals, higher profile cams, increased fuel delivery (injectors & fuel pump), greater displacement (bore and/or stroke increase), larger turbocharger, faster supercharger, colder charge cooling, higher octane fuel, higher volumetric efficiency (high flow intake & exhaust, port & polish), and higher compression heads, gaskets, and/or pistons. I would love to see GT follow a more à la cart path of engine power tuning instead of the "Stage" system it currently has. NFS: Underground 2 came close, with the user being able to customize the ecu and boost maps to their desire. GT needs a slightly more in-depth and intuitive way of user-friendly real-life tuning.

need-for-speed-underground-2-20041027055918415-000.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I want to be able to fit larger valves and modified camshaft on the RX7 and RX8! lol

On a serious note, this is only a good idea if PD remembers to also properly offer special tunning options applicable to rotary engines, like enlarged, bridge, turbo, peripheral and J ports, adding extra rotors, etc.
I would like to see this options in this order. streetport, bridgeport, J bridgeport and perpheral port. and the rev sealing raised to the spesific porting.

That, and reduced weight rotors, 8033 aircraft aluminum end housings, etc. I'm a rotary nut too. Rotary engines are too often marginalized and /or neglected in racing games/"simulators" and almost never get appropriate tuning options.

Last edited:
Back