Real VGT cars!

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 13 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
OMG, my Son just pointed me to a car review YouTube channel - turns out some of the VGTs are actually real!
This lady also looks at some spectacular cars too...... enjoy!
EDIT - there are others there too, just search for VGT on her channel.....

Last edited:
Kind off...
It's a promo prototype based on the VGT that appeared in GT Sport.
When appeared in GT Sport it wasn't a real thing.

turns out some of the VGTs are actually real
Only three and a half of them, and the Lamborghini isn't one of them.

Like so many others, the Lamborghini is a full-size, non-functioning mockup. There are also full-size, non-functioning mockups of the Alpine, Aston Martin, BMW, Chaparral, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Mazda, Mercedes and Nissan VGTs, and full-size but functionality unknown models of the Fittipaldi, Honda, Mitsubishi, Peugeot L500/750 (original VGT only a 1:8 model), Subaru, and Zagato cars.

The only ones that were made as functional cars were the Audi, Bugatti, and Volkswagen Roadster. A version of the Mercedes also exists as a functioning car but it is an adapted SL made to look like it and used in the Justice League film:

Not directly related and not VGT, but funny:
There is a moving Lego Bugatti Chiron
1660552723560.png

Not directly related and not VGT, but funny:
There is a moving Lego Bugatti Chiron

Only three and a half of them, and the Lamborghini isn't one of them.

Like so many others, the Lamborghini is a full-size, non-functioning mockup. There are also full-size, non-functioning mockups of the Alpine, Aston Martin, BMW, Chaparral, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Mazda, Mercedes and Nissan VGTs, and full-size but functionality unknown models of the Fittipaldi, Honda, Mitsubishi, Peugeot L500/750 (original VGT only a 1:8 model), Subaru, and Zagato cars.

The only ones that were made as functional cars were the Audi, Bugatti, and Volkswagen Roadster. A version of the Mercedes also exists as a functioning car but it is an adapted SL made to look like it and used in the Justice League film:

Oh thanks, that's really interesting - wondered why she didn't get to drive them!! 😃

Not a VGT.....but Citroen made a real GT based on the one from the game. I think it was on the channel linked in the OP's post.

So... technically not, on a few levels.

Firstly, the car was already in development by the time Prologue came out. It was a design drawn for Style Citroen by Takumi Yamamoto, who also happened to know Kazunori Yamauchi (they'd been friends for years). Yamamoto got his boss to submit the design to Citroen and he also shared it with Yamauchi.

The car hit Prologue first, in December 2007 (March/April 2008 in Europe & USA), with Citroen presenting the car as a "hydrogen-powered" concept at the Paris Motor Show in October 2008, then confirming it would build a very limited production run - I forgot how many but it was single figures (six maybe?).

That concept model actually had a Ford V8 and was the only one made as Citroen canned the project in 2010.

I think Jay Leno did a review on the Mercedes and he had a remote to control the lights and other stuff.

Also, my new dream build is going to be a Golf GTi with a kit to make it look like the VGT Supersport :)

Last edited:
Back