Belgium
Belgium
Maxscapes
Hi guys,

I recently ordered:

The fanatec DD pro
The Simlab GT1 EVO cockpit with single screen holder just behind the wheel:

GT1-EVO Single screen holder.jpeg

Mainly for playing on PS5 with GT7, F1, AC, ...
What will be the good compromise for a screen that is large enough (min 40") and low input lag?

Last edited:
LG 48 C1 if you fancy oled. Otherwise you can go sony with a 49XH9505 (or whatever model it is in your country (can vary a bit)). Both are under 1k but arent cheap either.

Hi,

max 500€ would be good to start :)
Seems weird to me that you spend 1k on a simrig but arent willing to spend on one of the most important part, the screen. Especially if you want a 40+

Last edited:
Yep I know but I already have a 2K oled in my living room so I don’t really want to spend 1k for a secondary Oled screen.

Maybe the ps5 will be compatible with 21/9 screens later so I prefer to be reasonable for now

Finally choose the AOC 32" that's good for a start.

View attachment 1149892
I find 32” mounted just behind the steering wheel is just about right. Gives a fov of 45 in ac and 73 in pc2. (Afaik gt sport/gt7 is around this fov fixed)

I run a benq 32” 4K hdr screen, think it was just over £300 and reckon it does a better job especially regarding response time to a tv of £500/£600.

It would take spending over £1200 to get a tv with similar response time.

Wanted to pillage off this thread…

Just purchased my first real rig (GT OMEGA prime from a playseat challenge), and I’m going to mount my TV to the wall in my garage via a mount that can articulate from the wall. It’s a 55” Samsung. What’s the optimal distance from rig to the TV? Playing MAINLY GT7 with some ACC thrown in

Thanks!

Through my research, I have my 55” 4k TV as close to my DD1 as possible for GTS and GT7. A picture is worth many words. I recently got into PC sims; AC, RR, iRacing. Works great for those, especially since those can be set up within the sim’s parameters.
8D771827-69B6-407C-BEF2-7F196F7F7F11.jpeg

78712F7A-B6D3-470C-A0D9-B3E8BBDB842F.jpeg

Last edited:
Through my research, I have my 55” 4k TV as close to my DD1 as possible for GTS and GT7. A picture is worth many words. I recently got into PC sims; AC, RR, iRacing. Works great for those, especially since those can be set up within the sim’s parameters.
View attachment 1153693
View attachment 1153694

Wow!! Thanks for the quick response! Eyes ~ 30” from the screen is what I’m gathering. Do you notice it being blurry at all that far from the screen? My TV specs look to be the same as well

I just put a tape measure, yes 30”. No blur. I’m wondering if you mean motion blur or something else? Either way, no blur. Seems to me, the 55” seems 1:1 to real life. Will’s 65” screens on Boosted Media, seem larger than life (to me viewing his videos).

Wow!! Thanks for the quick response! Eyes ~ 30” from the screen is what I’m gathering. Do you notice it being blurry at all that far from the screen? My TV specs look to be the same as well
4K still looks good even at incredibly short viewing distances. Here is my rig in front of a 60" 4K display.

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_220752.jpg
    IMG_20220528_220752.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Finally choose the AOC 32" that's good for a start.

View attachment 1149892
Hi max351. I've just bought a PS5, PSVR2 and GT7 for my return to sim racing. I am about to buy the same rig, wheelbase and even the GT3 wheel as you. I was intending to only use the PSVR2 but now that I've got it I realise that too much VR use is not comfortable. So I want to get a relatively cheap, small monitor for non-race or occasional race GT7 use, and for games that are not VR e.g. for games for the grandkids. The thing is, I don't know where to start with monitors these days.

Are you happy with your curved AOC 32" now that you've had it a year? Would you recommend it? Is it a good size for you? I don't know what model you have but do you think this would be good for my modest needs? > https://www.currys.co.uk/products/a...urved-wled-gaming-monitor-black-10225928.html

Last edited:
Hi :)

Yes very happy with this screen. The 32 inch on this rig is the ideal size, bigger is absolutely not necessary, at least for GT.

Hi :)

Yes very happy with this screen. The 32 inch on this rig is the ideal size, bigger is absolutely not necessary, at least for GT.
Thanks - I've just put an order in with Amazon (because Currys sold out last night). I've read a few reviews and they all say good things 👍

Ah god! Been toying with the idea of that. I’m going to take the route you did and get the AOC 👍👍
Set up looks great btw
This is my full set-up:

I'm on PS5 & I had a 5 year old 27" LG 4k but it was only at 60hz. After a year of research, going back & forth & waiting for prices to go down I just bought a 32' Samsung Neo G8 a couple weeks ago at Microcenter in Indy for $999. After being cautiously optimistic & some picture & color adjustments I actually can't believe how good this picture looks! I definitely recommend buying this monitor but I also recommend waiting for when the price drops to closer or below $1000. I sit straight on in a recliner with the screen just under 30" from my face. Yes the picture & color really degrades at angles but I'm only using this for a monitor so that doesn't affect me. I actually went with this Neo G8 over the Neo G7 because of the real nice looking white back & also future proofing "hz" just in case I ever go to PC. The RGB on back is very nice & not extremely bright but a nice ambiance to it. Now if your monitor sits against a wall so you couldn't see the back of the monitor & you're staying on console for the near future then I would recommend saving $100/$200 & going with the Neo G7 with near similar specs. Also wait on that price drop because I've seen the Neo G7 for $899 & probably less real soon.
Hope this helps someone!
GT7 - FearNoGears
COD - MrTriggerduster

Back