Reliant Sabre Six 1962

• Thread starter Aero2000
  • 16 comments
Sweden
Sweden
SMH1989
1.jpg
2.jpg

Powertrain: 2553 cc , Inline-6 , Twin We carburetors , 109 hp / 4800 rpm , 186 Nm / 2400 rpm , 4-speed manual

Dimensions: Length 4050 mm , Width 1550 mm , Height 1270 mm , Weight 816 kg

Performance: Top speed 180 km/h , 0-100 km/h 12,2 sec

Units built: 75

Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Sabre

Other suggestion of Reliant
Scimitar Sabre 1800 T.i.'92

Last edited:
I really love such kind of cars ... just epic this one.
Well done!
👍
Thanks I like this car too, but I don't like the front grille on this particular car, the owner has done something with it I think because the other pictures I have found didn't have those colors.... or is it the angle hm..

........Whew, it's not a three wheeler. What a relief.
By the way, that's a badge-swapped MGB, ain't it...

Thanks I like this car too, but I don't like the front grille on this particular car, the owner has done something with it I think because the other pictures I have found didn't have those colors.... or is it the angle hm..

Just one minor correction - the Ford 2.553cc engine was a straight six cylinder not a V6. The Ford V6 Essex engine was introduced in 1966.

In terms of looks - it isn't like an MG, but is remarkably similar to the Triumph GT6. The Reliant Sabre was developed from the Sabra manufactured in Israel which was based on the Ashley 1172 from 1958.

Personally I would much rather have one of the Daimler 2.5 litre V8 powered Reliant SX250's (only 2 made!).

OgleSX250_4.jpg

Just one minor correction - the Ford 2.553cc engine was a straight six cylinder not a V6. The Ford V6 Essex engine was introduced in 1966.

In terms of looks - it isn't like an MG, but is remarkably similar to the Triumph GT6. The Reliant Sabre was developed from the Sabra manufactured in Israel which was based on the Ashley 1172 from 1958.

Personally I would much rather have one of the Daimler 2.5 litre V8 powered Reliant SX250's (only 2 made!).

OgleSX250_4.jpg
Yeah I know , it's an Inline-6 engine :P

Hm, I don't like the car on your picture haha it's to boxy, and the lack of bumpers don't do it better :P

Sabre%20Six%204.jpg
Sabre%20Six%205.jpg

Powertrain: 2553 cc , Inline-6 , Twin We carburetors , 109 hp / 4800 rpm , 186 Nm / 2400 rpm , 4-speed manual

Dimensions: Length 4050 mm , Width 1550 mm , Height 1270 mm , Weight 816 kg

Performance: Top speed 180 km/h , 0-100 km/h 12,2 sec

Units build: 75

Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Sabre

Other suggestion of Reliant
Scimitar Sabre 1800 T.i.'92
Before I saw the pics, I thought this car would be something that looks like a Robin. Instead, I think it is a combination of a Triumph TR5 and an MGB.

Yes it is, and a rare one :) I think this and the Scimitar turbo must come out in the world of Gran Turismo because Reliant is more than three wheeled cars that lays on its side in ever corner :P

Agreed - some Reliants (with 4 wheels) had great handling - Here's a nice Reliant Scimitar Coupe - lovely sound!

Agreed - some Reliants (with 4 wheels) had great handling - Here's a nice Reliant Scimitar Coupe - lovely sound!

That was a nice video, to bad it wasn't a Sabre Six, has someone done a suggesting of this Scimitar coupe? It's looks nice and had a fantastic sound :D

Only 75 units built? This is a rare British beauty.
Yep only 75 units built , so very rare :)

That was a nice video, to bad it wasn't a Sabre Six, has someone done a suggesting of this Scimitar coupe? It's looks nice and had a fantastic sound :D

I did an alphabetic search and it appears that the Reliant Scimitar Coupe hasn't been suggested yet and neither has the very nice Reliant Scimitar GTC - a four seater open top touring car - if you suggest them I'll definitely vote!

GTC.jpg

There was also a very nice Reliant Scimitar Hillclimb and Sprint racing car called "Blue Thunder" driven by Bev Fawkes and powered by a Ford Cosworth GAA 4 cam 3.4 litre 470bhp V6 originally developed for Formula 5000 single seaters, but also used in racing Capris - that could be a nice, but unlikely addition to the game:

I did an alphabetic search and it appears that the Reliant Scimitar Coupe hasn't been suggested yet and neither has the very nice Reliant Scimitar GTC - a four seater open top touring car - if you suggest them I'll definitely vote!

GTC.jpg

There was also a very nice Reliant Scimitar Hillclimb and Sprint racing car called "Blue Thunder" driven by Bev Fawkes and powered by a Ford Cosworth GAA 4 cam 3.4 litre 470bhp V6 originally developed for Formula 5000 single seaters, but also used in racing Capris - that could be a nice, but unlikely addition to the game:

This looks also nice but I wonder if someone else can suggest them? :P I'm has some other cars to do first if someone can't :P

Back